“Very Nice”
Review of Quality Inn Revere

Quality Inn Revere
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Revere
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed only one night. It was a very nice, clean room. Kind of pricey for double beds that need to be upgraded but the staff was very nice and it was good for the night. The free breakfast I did not take advantage because it was only until 9:30. I would have liked a little more time 615-930 is only for business travelers I'm assuming.

Room Tip: Not the best wifi and the parking
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy T
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear 'AMellone14',

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites here in Revere. I'm glad to read that our staff was pleasant to you. Also, I'm sorry though we weren't able to accommodate you for breakfast as you had to leave earlier than our breakfast hours.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Dan Gregorio,

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Revere

Reviewed July 30, 2014

If you found this helpful, please click helpful link below.

FIRST OFF....PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK AT MY PICTURES, THEY ARE WORTH 1000 WORDS.

SECOND, MANAGEMENT SENDS OUT A CUSTOMARY "IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED PLEASE CONTACT US" (WHICH I DID AND DIDNT GET A SINGLE RESPONSE - SO AS PROMISED - I FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH MY PROMISE)....AND BY THE WAY THEY SEND THAT EMAIL OUT TO WARD OFF THESE SORTS OF REVIEWS BECAUSE THEY KNOW JUST HOW BAD THEY IN FACT ARE!

The Review:

The hotel - its in shambles, the room was DISGUSTING and the pictures can show you exactly what i mean. Worse than the filth, the bed has got to be 25 + years old. It was suited for no one. It was by far the worst sleep I have had in years. After a red eye flight...I needed sleep and unfortunately I didn't get it. The room was small, the shower was mean for someone 5'8 or shorter as the continue to renovate without replacement and the shower head gets shorter and shorter.

The elevators took FFFFFOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEVVVVEEEEERRR.

They front desk staff was attentive, I don't have any complaints with them.

The pool was gross, dirty and as you can see they were out of compliance with having a permit / inspection done. I would imagine they would fail. The water was murky, the tile was dirty, I smelled zero chemical. NASTY. There were no towels in the room. I have pictures of the certificate and pool to back up my claims.

Breakfast - OMG!!! Why i even thought to eat breakfast after telling you this? Well because the kids were hungry and we wanted to go home. The eggs were in fact not edible. I am not sure what the hell they were but they were not eggs! There was the smallest selection I have ever seen. The bread was stale. The food was all cold and sitting for quite a while. Even the selection of fruit was limited and not fresh looking.

Folks, I don't like complaining. I would have let this go had they refunded my money for the WORST - YES THEY WIN THE AWARD FOR THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER IN MY LIFE STAYED AT! The manager didn't respond because clearly he does not care. No matter what garbage reply he has, please know this is 100% authentic and my credentials on this site say so.

Lastly the location was not even great. Right on the highway, scary to get out of, and 15 minutes from the airport.

I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AND SUBJECT MY KIDS THE BACTERIA / MOLD / FILTH AND WHAT EVER ELSE MAY LURK. SORRY MARRIOTT, THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, don't bother trying.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank snmurphy07
Matthew A, Operations Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear "snmurphy07",

Thank you for your review. We value all feedback be it positive or negative and use it to improve the experience for future guests. I am sorry that your experience was way below your expectations. We will use your input to focus on the issues you had mentioned.

I also believe I had responded to your email in early July and had offered you compensation for your entire stay. In any case, thank you again for your feedback. Have a great rest of your summer.

Matt Amirault
Operations Manager
matthew.amirault@marriott.com

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I know others have commented on this, but I was so annoyed, I had to add my thoughts. This is a Marriott hotel that is advertised as an "airport property" but it is not near the airport and as many have noted they do not provide shuttle service. This is a huge problem as most travelers do not notice this detail as they assume shuttle service is provided or surely they wouldn't call themselves and airport property! Right? Wrong. Taxis with tip to & from the airport adds an additional $80 to your stay, so consider that when booking. I'd just as soon spend the extra money and stay at the Hyatt right at the airport. The hotel itself is fine (just fine) and the staff are pleasant.However, to add insult to injury, despite being isolated, the hotel does not have a bar/restaurant - you are stranded along a busy highway with no dining options withing WALKING distance. (Well, a shell gas station that has a Dunkin' Donuts inside) and a liquor store -Thank God!;-) - Yes they have a shuttle to the subway, but don't try to take it between 1 and 5 pm, because it doesn't operate then. If you are driving and don't care about location - fine, stay here. If you are a traveler looking for an airport hotel, seriously - forget it! P.S. After booking I did see that it states on the website "no shuttle service", but it needs to be more prominently displayed. Additionally, I have read that Priceline includes it in their airport hotels without notifying customers that there is no shuttle service. A wasted day stranded in Revere. I expect better.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelinDantheMan
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear 'TravelinDantheMan',

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about our hotel. I apologize that you may have felt miscommunicated to regarding our shuttle service. We do not advertise an airport shuttle on any of our websites and our shuttle service hours and destinations are listed on the front pages of most of our various websites or hotel pages on third party websites, including Priceline. We try to be as upfront as possible when our guests do inquire about what services are available.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The hotel is clean, comfortable and has friendly staff. However there are no nearby dining and entertainment options in the walking range as far as I can tell. Also be aware that it's very difficult to get to and out if you're not driving a car - the hotel has a shuttle to the closest Subway station (NOT Logan airport) but it only runs hourly and during limited periods during the day.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Denis L
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear 'Denis L',

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay with us recently here in Revere. I'm very happy to hear that you thought our hotel was clean and comfortable for your needs, as well as that you thought our staff was friendly. Although we do not have any eateries in walking distance, we do offer listings of an array of dining choices nearby. In addition, we provide the local shuttle to Wonderland MBTA station on a schedule to provide the most efficent travel accommodations for each of our guests in need.

Thanks again for staying with us and for leaving your feeback.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

First and biggest problem - the hotel address doesn't come up on GPS. I called the hotel when I got nearby and asked for directions. They gave another address to try! The hotel actual address is the backside of the hotel on a residential street. The address they gave me was several blocks away and it didn't come up either. We had a general direction, so we drove.

Second problem - hotel is on a major highway and you have to pull off in traffic - scarey! When you go to leave, you have to try and enter in speeding traffic - scarier! And you can only go north. So, if you want to go south, you drive 2 miles north, get off at next ramp and return!!! Why would they put a hotel there?

The hotel was dated and needed to be updated. Spent two nights here and was happy to check-out! Nothing nice to say. Oh, and the fire alarm went off at 10 pm. A message came on and told us to wait until they checked it out. 20 minutes lost.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 'MVCA0Traveler',

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize our location was not what you expected. We do list a different GPS address (110 Bennet Highway, Saugus, MA) on many of our websites to help ease the driving process as our actual address can be tricky to find when using some, but not all, GPS units. I do also apologize for a fire alarm going off late in the evening during your stay...unfortunately that is out of our control but we manage those instances the best we can.

Thanks again for your candid remarks and please feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like to discuss your stay with us any further (dan.gregorio@marriott.com)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were very disappointed in this Fairfield Inn. We actually remarked that it really was not up to the standards of the chain. The sink in our room was cracked. The mini refrig didn't work. The furnishing throughout were shabby. It is right on a busy highway and the windows are not insulated so it is very noisy if you are on the front of the building.
It is a $36.00 ride from Logan Airport and a $24 (negotiated rate) back to the airport. There is only one "restaurant" within walking distance and it doesn't have air conditioning.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel or stay on the back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hoorae45
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear 'hoorae45',

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay with us recently. I want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations of a great experience. I can understand how frustrating it may be to expect one thing and get another when staying away from home. I would be eager to know which room you stayed in while you were with us, so I can make sure our maintenance and housekeeping teams correct the noted issues. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like at dan.gregorio@marriott.com.

Thank you again for staying with us and thank you for your candid feedback.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here multiple times and have never had an issue - it's actually been a nice diamond in the rough. This time was so bad I took pictures. Multiple hairs of all kinds were in all corners of the bathroom and on the shower walls. Unfortunately we discovered this at 10p and had to wake at 4a for a flight. At checkout the Marriott employee asks if we called down bc we could have been moved. With young kids and the times involved, it was never an option and not really a smart response. The wall hair dryer was rickety sounding like something was caught in it. The good news was the bed was comfortable and the room was decent sized and pretty close to the airport. Stay at your own risk.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank BotRoad
Matthew A, Operations Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear "BotRoad"

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We value all feedback we receive and use it in order to improve the hotel for future guests, as well as use it as a training tool to improve our staff service & quality.

I know that our General Manager had directly responded to your concerns via email. I also had received your feedback via email. I trust that the resolution was sufficient. The details provided are very much appreciated and have already been shared with our Housekeeping team. We always strive for the complete satisfaction of our guests. your feedback helps us to achieve this goal. If you would like to discuss you stay further, I would be more than happy to assist.

Thank you again for staying at out hotel and with the Marriott family.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 9 in Danvers
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport

Been to Quality Inn Revere? Share your experiences!