“Nice hot spot for an upscale and delicious meal”

Volare Cucina Italiana & Bar
Ranked #13 of 112 Restaurants in Revere
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We drove over from Malden and had dinner on Thursday night around 7:30. We brought our 2 kids, and although it was clearly not geared for them (not even a brief kids menu), the staff and other diners were perfectly accepting. The hot pepperoncini martini was good. The seafood sqid-ink pasta dish was not as great as we've had elsewhere, but was a nice option. The bolegnese was chuck full of meat and i switched for fusilli which was scrumptious. Kids just had a custom cheese pizza. Server was fantastic.
Overall it was a great experience and a nice option close to home.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband use to hang around the previous establishment "The Dublin" a neighborhood bar. When I told him about the new restaurant that opened there we were eager to give it a try. We had one of the best meals in a long time. We started with Melanzane Carrozella (layered eggplant w/ricotta). It was so light and fresh tasting. He had the Frutti di Mare Vesuvio in a diablo red sauce. It was excellent. I had the Abruzzese con Salsiccia on the recommendation of our waiter and it was great. The sauce had a nice heat to it but not "oh my god I can't breathe". They have a good size bar with plenty of TVs and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I tried Volare's Saturday night and was disappointed. I ordered the special which was fusilli, rabbi's and chicken. I could count the pieces of chicken (may 5 tiny squares if I was lucky) and a very small amount of rabbi. The cost was $18.00, and actually this was mostly for just a plate of fussili. It was tasty, but too overpriced. I will not be returning anytime soon, and will definitely not recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Second viist to Volare. First time was lunch which was average but thought we would try for dinner. Had a group of 6 and all were very disappointed with both the food and slow service. I chose special of the night which was salmon, fussilli and garlic oil sauce. This dish had no flavor at all. Others got eggplant and chicken parm which was large in portion and small in flavor. Restaurant was nicely decorated but food was below par. Will not be coming back anytime soon.

2  Thank Anncat
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had dinner here recently with another couple and was very impressed with the food and the ambience. As we were chatting I noticed that the acoustics were great. We could converse without having to read each other's lips. BUT about 8ish or so I noticed that the volume went up and that the "bar scene" was taking over the joint. I can't stress enough how great the food was but if they want this restaurant to succeed on a higher level they need to keep the "bar scene" in check until 10:00ish. I would definitely go back for the food and hope that I can still have a great dinner with friends and great conversation.

Been to Volare Cucina Italiana & Bar? Share your experiences!