“Always Open”

Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 10, 2018

We've visited Kelly's in Revere regularly over the last 20 years. Its located right on the beach and is always open. My son and I went once morning at 4am after picking him up at the airport. Most recently, we went for an early dinner, parking a few slots away at the beach parking.

I ordered a small roast beef sandwich with cheese and mustard. Despite its name, it was large. Too large to finish. It had the right amount of mustard on it. Not too much. But they didn't put the cheese on, though they did charge me for it.

My son got a double cheeseburger, made his way. He said it was cooked just right and tasted good. It was reasonably priced.

My daughter and my wife both ordered the Clam Plate. $50 for two orders is a bit steep for a take-out place. They said they were fine, but didn't get their extra tartar sauce they ordered. My son went back to the window and got it.

We got cheese fries as a side. It was a mess. Soggy fries and generic canned cheese sauce. I tried something different and paid for it.

My daughter, not happy with just a clam plate, needed a cup of clam chowder, too. She said it was great -- nice and hot. My strawberry frappe was great -- trying something different paid off that time.

So overall, decent. Some things a bit pricey. But we know this when we travel 45 minutes to go every year (passing by other Kelly's Roast Beefs on the way). Gotta go to the original.

Reviewed August 3, 2018

Husband and I ate at the Kelly's in Medford recently and ended up with food poisoning within 15 minutes of eating the food.

(1) Husband ordered fish plate and I ordered clam/scallop plate
(2) Both plates were barely at room temperature and the fries and onion rings were cold and limp, but we were hungry and ate it anyway
(3) Within 15 minutes of eating, we both had severe diarrhea and within 30 minutes we were vomiting
(4) My plate contained 6 shrimp and 8 scallops for $24.95 - more like a kid's plate
(5) Had plans to attend a concert after dinner, and we were unable to attend due to becoming ill - wasted $100+ on two tickets.
(6) Contacted Kelly's via email and recevied a response asking for my phone # so they could respond. Sorry, but I don't give my phone number out randomly, and it would have been sufficient to receive an appropriate email response that at least included an apology, which was NOT received.
(7) We will NEVER eat at Kelly's Roast Beef ever again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Crab Cake sandwich, onion rings, Pastramia and Ruebens are terrific. Many locations in the Boston area so easy to find, definitely on my list for next time.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

The Revere Beach location has got to be their best location. The Surf and Turf is well worth the money and you cannot get better home made onion rings.

Looking out at the sunrise at America’s First Public Beach is breathtaken ☀️

Reviewed July 29, 2018

A very busy place but we had the good fortune of having parking spots open when and where we needed them. I had the lobster roll and my wife had a pastrami. We both had a slaw on the side. The lobster roll was slightly soggy. I had one on Cape Cod the day before which was much better. My wife's sandwich was very good. The slaw was good. Although very busy the order was quickly prepared. We recommend eating across the street on the benches overlooking the beach area. Definitely worth the stop.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Kelly's Roast Beef? Share your experiences!