“Would not recommend”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stopped off here overnight on the way back from Ireland in May 2013. Room smelled terribly. More than smoke (it was a no smoking room) Chemicals used to heavily disguise something. Free shuttle from Logan Airport was a well used van with all the shocks no longer functional or possibly missing. I might have dislocated a hip on that rattling boneshaking journey. Bars on the windows. No full size shower towels. No facilities - Coffee machine at the desk and that was it. TV had few stations and the quality of the TV view was terrible. Air Conditioning in the room ran louder than the turbine jets on the AirBus A330 that flew me into the city from Dublin. Definitely not worth the $120 I paid. Avoid.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Belfastgt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

After making two phone calls the shuttle bus finally picked me up after a 40 minute wait. The distance from the airport was much further than expected and when I finally arrived at 10 pm was told that the computer was playing up so was delayed in checking in. I dragged my luggage up to the office only to find that my room was in the basement, below the street line. The room was a good size but the water temperature in the shower was impossible to work out. I think it is very expensive for the location and quality of the rooms. I had to run the noisy air conditioner to block out the traffic noise on the street

Room Tip: Higher floors would have to be better than the basement
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Leslie T

Travelers are raving about these Revere hotels

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

we stayed here before leaving Boston. It was so close to the airport and had a great price. We ended up dropping our car off early (the night before our flight) and went into the city via the train. When we came back, I called the hotel. They told us to go ahead and take the train to the last stop and they would be there to pick us up. The guy was literally waiting for us when we walked out of the building. the shuttle left on time the following morning which was perfect. The front desk was friendly upon check-in and check out. I used the wireless internet and it worked great. Our room was very clean. They have new upgraded windows and we couldn't even hear the storm happening outside. We got dressed to go back out and realized it was storming when we hit the door. Needless to say we stayed in. No big deal since the bed was so comfy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Becky A
Gmma129, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and will make sure that I share your comments with the entire staff.
Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here last weekend...when the cab dropped me off, I was sure he was in the wrong place. It was nowhere near the airport and was located in the middle of a neighborhood. The "front desk" was a shabby, dirty office. The person checking in ahead of me was having an issue with the rate he was quoted on line. lt was midnight and I did not want to be standing there while this was going on. I work in a hotel so standard procedure would be to get the guest in their room and settle the dispute in the morning.

Check in was easy and room looked clean, but the stench of pinesol or car air freshener was so horrible. I put the AC on hoping that would help and that didn't work too well either.

Location and front desk situation is what it is, but I just think something has to be done about sprucing up the place. The room really would have been about perfect if not for the smell. It would be equivalent to opening a pine air freshener and holding it under your nose for the whole time in the room. If the office was cleaned it would be more appealing.

Check-out was quick and a cab was called for me. As far as people complaining about heavy traffic, there really was no traffic to speak of. It was actually fairly quiet.

Room Tip: Not near the airport and nothing nearby to walk to so have a car if you come.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank islandgirllansdale
Gmma129, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send in your comments regarding your stay. I am happy to hear that check in and check out were smooth transactions and that your were satisfied with the quality of the room. I do apologize for the strong air freshener smell, we have recently changed the products that we use and are still learning about the potency of it. Please be assured we will have this corrected quickly.
I will share your comments with the staff as to use them as points of education and commendation.
Again, thank you for taking the time to send in your comments and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Disgusting! The room smelled like a crime scene covered up with a powerful disinfectant! There were hair on the pillow cases and hairs on the bathroom floor. The hotel is wedged between two busy streets and was noisy. The shuttle to pick us up from the airport left us standing out in the cold for 15 minutes, but was supposedly waiting on us! Terrible terrible terrible!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Ckjbamorris
Gmma129, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in our hotel. I also want to apologize for the issues that you faced while a guest here. We make it a point to inspect all rooms before our guests start to arrive on property, and I am sad to say that we had failed when it came to inspecting yours. I can not apologize for this enough and will make sure that no rooms fall through the cracks again during times of inspection.
I can not come up with any rational explanation as to why our shuttle had you waiting for such an extended amount of time. We have procedures inplace to alert our drivers and our guests if there will be a difference in the timing of a pick up in any of the locations we service. I do apologize for this and we will be sure that we follow all procedures moving forward for all of our guests.

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations and truely hope that, if you do return to the area, that you give our hotel another try.

Sean Wilson
Portland, Maine
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for the night before our early am flight to the Caribbean and left our car in their lot for 10 days. The room was clean and had plenty of room for our bags. It had a refrigerator to keep our food cold and coffee maker for the early morning cup before our flight. The staff were friendly and helpful the driver helped with our bags both ways. We will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mackjann
Hassleholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Bottom florr, facing the road.... NOT a happy experience! Mould on the shower curtain and a coffee machine for breakfast. The positive side is that this was a very economical place to stay and if all you need is a bed for the night prior to catching an early flight out of Logan (Boston) airport then this will serve your purpose - if you ask for a room at the back, on the third floor. I did and received a curt "NO!".
Free shuttle runs between 4 am and 11 pm (with a 4 hour break over midday).
This was unfortunately not a very welcoming place

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor, on the back side of the building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tomebamba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport
Wyndham Boston Chelsea

Been to Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport? Share your experiences!