Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport
$196
$174
TownePlace Suites
TripAdvisor
All reviewsshuttle servicefree shuttlesized bedstreet noiseinexpensive hotelflat screenrevere beachbusy roadt stationstayed here for one nightdowntown bostonblue linefootstepsride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was looking for a (fairly) inexpensive place to leave my car for a two week trip in and out of Logan Airport (I live in NH). The Rodeway was a good price and was happy to keep my car for two weeks with no additional charges - other places I checked wanted to charge me more for any amount of time over 14 days.

I had a room on the 3rd floor, which was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. Water pressure was pretty weak, so if you like a powerful shower, think twice. The check process was uneventful and pleasant. Free WiFi was great and had no problems connecting.

I'll update this post once I pick up my car in 2 weeks!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank efhalter
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We actually booked two separate pre-paid nights at this dreary place because we had layovers traveling between the West Coast and Iceland. It is a budget accommodation, and the old proverb about getting what you pay for is fairly apt here. Others have described quite well the dilapidated state of the building, the dust and grime in the rooms, and the general air of being down-at-the heels of this motel. Instead, this review will simply describe our experience in taking their shuttle back and forth from the hotel to the airport.

For our first booking, the shuttle arrived after about a 45 minute wait. The condition of the van was pretty grim. Several of the seats had no seat belts. When I asked the driver to let me move to the front seat so that I could be belted in, he said "You won't need it!" We lived in Boston for over 25 years, and driving in the city is not for the faint of heart. If there ever was a city where you need a seat belt, Boston is it! In any case, Massachusetts law requires all passengers to wear a seat belt. Once everyone had found a seat where they could buckle up, we were off, keeping our fingers crossed that we would not break down en route! After our ride in the van, we did not expect much from the hotel and we were not surprised by what we found.

For our second booking, the situation was different. The shuttle never came. When we first placed our call, the dispatcher advised us that the shuttle was stuck in traffic and that it would arrive in 30 minutes. We waited indoors for 20 rather than breathe in bus fumes for 30 minutes, and then moved out to the courtesy van area. After waiting another 30 minutes, we called again only to be told that the shuttle had already come and gone! They did not even try to contact us on our cell phone but simply left without us. We asked when they would return and were told that they were again stuck in traffic. We waited another 30 minutes, by this time our patience had run thin. When we call again, we asked to speak to the dispatcher's supervisor. Instead, she hung up on us. We decided to simply book another hotel and take a cab. This worked out fine. We found a reasonably priced room at the Parker House and wished we hadn't bothered pre-paying with Rodeway. Last minute deals are probably always available, especially in a down economy. Working with Choice Hotels, the umbrella group for Rodeway, we were able to get a refund of our prepayment.

Room Tip: There really are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gail N
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked this hotel literally while on my way to Boston. Very last minute. I had read reviews, and they seem a bit harsh. Obviously, I was nervous that this would be a dungeon with little to no light, but it was GOOD. The hotel has been there for many, many years, so it's not the Ritz or anything thereof. However, it was a good stay for me. It is NOT commuter-friendly, which is why you're offered free shuttle service to the airport or Wonderland Station(MASS TRANSIT). It's good and I'd stay here again without any hesitation.

Obviously, I do have a CON, but I'll leave it out. This place was good for the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Gabby R
Reviewed November 20, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel and opened the hotel door, we were greeted by a horrible smell.
The front desk was disgusting. It smelled like garbage.
The front desk clerk wasn’t wearing any uniform and looked as if she just came back from a bar. It looked as if we were disturbing her when we were checking in.
The room we got smelled really bad. A mixture of garbage and febreeze!
I won’t even talk about the tiny bathroom. Tiny shower and looked dirty.
The hair dryer had dust pilling up for over 20 years.
The front desk representative that checked us in and checked us out (don’t know her name since she wasn’t wearing a name tag) seemed very miserable! Everyone has a bad day sometimes, but a little smile goes a long way!

We checked out the next day and went to the Comfort Inn down the street. AMAZING BEAUTIFUL HOTEL!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank critic l
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was in Boston for a flying visit and picked this hotel as it was reasonably priced and had a shuttle bus. I called for the bus and was told it would be 10-15 minutes. 40 minutes he arrived! The shuttle drivers were nice guys, and they dropped me to the T station and a restaurant during my stay, which was handy.
The hotel is approx 30ft from the highway, very noisy during the night, and the sound of guests in the corridor added to that. It's located in Revere, and you're travelling in the opposite direction to the city to get to it.
Bed was comfortable, shower was terrible, all in all, I'd never recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2012