“It's not Logan airport!”

Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Revere
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was in Boston for a flying visit and picked this hotel as it was reasonably priced and had a shuttle bus. I called for the bus and was told it would be 10-15 minutes. 40 minutes he arrived! The shuttle drivers were nice guys, and they dropped me to the T station and a restaurant during my stay, which was handy.
The hotel is approx 30ft from the highway, very noisy during the night, and the sound of guests in the corridor added to that. It's located in Revere, and you're travelling in the opposite direction to the city to get to it.
Bed was comfortable, shower was terrible, all in all, I'd never recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank conor40

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We booked this room for the night mainly due to the ‘free’ airport pick-up and drop off. The room we were given was directly underneath the reception and was fairly noisy (we were too tired after the flight to move rooms) with people walking above etc.

Where possible should also avoid rooms below 1st floor as you’ll be in-line or below the carpark.

The rooms were generally in ok and clean condition with a bathroom in need of a bit of TLC.

Coffee and tea available in reception along with access to the internet.

The staff on reception in the early hours of 2nd November and when we checked out were extremely helpful - giving local advice, getting the shuttle driver to drop us here and there... along with volunteering advice on the area etc etc.

Ok value for money but due to our needs we paid more than would usually be the case for such a motel. All in average stay and nothing that would prevent me staying at this Rodeway Inn again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bookend48
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our reservation was for a room on the top floor and a quiet location. We were assigned a room on the lowest floor in the noisiest location. We asked the desk clerk to change our room & our room was changed to an upper floor room. This room had obviously not been cleaned. There was urine on the toilet rim, food on the floor and chairs, the night tables had not been wiped off, the bed had a lot of black hair, the sheets were dirty and rumpled. We arrived late after a very long flight and decided to just sleep in our clothes rather than going back to the office. The room was very noisy as traffic was going by on the highway outside of our room. This was our worst stay in our ten day trip through New England.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank toluce
Reviewed November 5, 2012

friendly staff, clean rooms. hotel shuttle also brings/pick's-up guests to/from the metro station - that way you don't have to wait for the bus.

the hotel does not serve any breakfast, and the next IHOP is pretty far away though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had one of those nightmare travel days yesterday, a mechanical problem on my first flight of the day which put the rest of the day in the dumpster! In short, instead of having a good day meeting customers I spent most of the day rerouting travel, rescheduling meetings and arriving very late (actually very early-1AM) at the end of a very long day. During the rescheduling exercises I had to try to get a hotel near Logan airport in Boston and my corporate travel gang ended up putting me at this hotel.

When I saw the reservation I thought oh boy a Rodeway Inn after about 15 hours of traveling - gee I just can't wait! Much to my surprise this place is a great hidden gem. When I walked in at about 1:30 AM, the front desk staff was welcoming, smiling and very helpful. They got me into my room in a heart beat with all the extra info delivered with a smile and concisely - not wasting anymore of my precious sleep time. The place looked good up to that point so I was hopeful that the room would be decent and I could get to bed.

The rooms are great - the picture above looks exactly like the one I took so I won't post it - just feel confident that what you see in that photo is exactly what you get. A very nicely redone hotel room with a very comfortable king bed, great bathroom and plenty of room if your stay has you working form your hotel for any time at ll. The desk is large and very functional, great wifi and it felt like I was the first one to use that room!

The room has all the amenities, coffee (Keurig), fridge, microwave, iron etc. and as I said plenty of room to move around, nice Visio flat-screen and a good closet.

All in all a really great surprise, I'll definitely use it again next time through Boston! I didn't get to see what was in the neighborhood in terms of dining etc., but the stay was so fantastic I will come back and figure out how the rest of the area is and file a new report then - the rate was about $120 with all the taxes, which was the cheapest around as well - and as nice as any Hilton I have stayed in lately!

Room Tip: I think they're all good!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife stayed at this hotel in February 2012 on our way to the Dominican Republic on vacation. The flight was very early in the morning and we decided to stay at this hotel, which is like 15-20 minutes from Logan Airport. The hotel is old but it has all the amenities that other new hotels have: coffee maker, free wi-fi, iron, fridge, etc. If you have to stay at a hotel when you travel early in the morning, stay at this hotel. They also have free shuttles back and forth from the hotel to the airport. The service at the hotel was excellent!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Gmma129, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that the hotel did live up to your expectations and we look forward to serving your hotel needs in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Book through priceline. Easy check-in. Outside of hotel was shady as described in other reviews. Friendly shuttle pick-up and drop off from airport. Hotel is old and noisy. Next to busy highway with tons of traffic. Stay on back side of hotel if you must stay here. HAIR in bed upon arrival! It was the dirtiest bed I have ever seen at a hotel. The sheets obviously had not been changed from the last guest even though the bed was made. Staff the bed for us but still it was a gross out factor. Wireless internet did not work for 2 out of 3 days. The one day it worked it was very slow and constantly dropped the connection. Other guest were having the same problem so it wasn't just my computer. Very loud hallways and stairs. No elevator so have fun carrying your bags up to the 3rd floor. At check-out they tried to charge me more than I was quoted on priceline so I had to prove what price I was quoted. Overall not a good experience at all. Pay a little extra money and stay at a better hotel in Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel. But try to stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Grant W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Quality Inn Revere
Winthrop Beach Inn and Suites at Boston Logan Airport
1 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport Revere
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport

Been to Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport? Share your experiences!