“great place but they need better communication about airport pick up”

Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Revere
Lyndonville, Vermont
“great place but they need better communication about airport pick up”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed one night in late March before flying out of Logan. Nice room, pretty good meal in the restaurant and very helpful staff. However, when it came time to get picked up after our vacation, they told us to stand near door 110..which we did. The first shuttle went buzzing by about 20 minutes later and didn't even slow down near door 110. I called again, they said there was a "courtesy shuttle" sign we were supposed to stand at. All we could see was bus stop..no shuttle came by. Finally on the third call, I told them I had bright pink shirt and a BROKEN ARM and if they weren't there in 5 minutes I was calling a cab. They finally showed up, turns out this sign is beyond door 110 and a tiny pyramid thing..not impressed! When I told my daughter about it she said the SAME THING happened to them 2 weeks previous. Put a damper on my opinion..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne B
hamptonlogan, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
I would like to personally Thank You for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry to hear you did not have a quick pick up after your flight. I have spoken with the staff to be more time sensitive about how long the shuttle can take and the whereabouts of the guests when calling to be picked up. Hope your arm is feeling better and we thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Boston Logan. Hope to have the opportunity to have you back soon.

Hampton inn Boston Logan
781-286-5665

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Winterport, Maine
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We found this hotel and its staff very nice and helpful. I am a HH member and like Hampton Inns. What made this a good find is its stay and fly package. We stayed one night before a week + long vacation. Left car here. Their shuttle leaves for Logan every 20 minutes. Upon our return, we called, they told us where to meet them (right outside luggage pick up) and we were back at our car in 10 minutes. And the entire time, the staff were pleasant and helpful. Not a bad restaurant\bar either (pub, family style).

Room Tip: Join Hilton Honors. Great hotels. Great programs. Room upgrades.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jphinme
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Park and Fly package to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Boston Logan in the not too distant future.

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I don't have anything bad or great to say about this place. The staff was very nice and the room was clean & ready for me when I checked in. The one good point is that there's a bar/lounge inside the Hampton called two doors down. The food is decent and the drinks are good, but they really need more space. The seats at the bar holds maybe 8-10 people and I think there's about 8 tables which are usually occupied by people that are traveling alone.
I do agree with another reviewers comments, the place is in the middle of an industrial area which is sort of run down. So this means there's no restaurants near by that I know of. I did hear some pilots talking about a restaurant across the street and down a road, but that means you need to play frogger across a 4 lane roadway. You're better off taking the shuttle down to wood island and getting on the T.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank David W
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to give us some rather important information pertaining to your recent stay with us. We are continually trying to improve our customer satisfaction and any feedback from our guests is a great tool. We do over a shuttle to a few local restuarants aswell as the subway, we would never expect you to cross the highway. We would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Boston Logan and hope to see you in the near future.

Hampton inn Boston Logan

New Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We are at Hampton Inn, Revere this evening with a PARK AND RIDE pkg.

Greeting wonderful.

All amenities described fully.

Key stuck and wouldn't open easily, had to get reset downstairs. :(

Room cool, called down to front desk as the air conditioner was on. She explained the system.
Had to turn heat OFF as even if on AUTO, still blows cold air.
Additionally, there is a steam of sealant between air unit and window, but air flows freely from between the sealant and air/heat unit from outside. I can actually hear the wind blow through it.

Already in jammies and not about to change rooms.

Had a satisfactory dinner in the Hampton Inn Restaurant/lounge.

There was some piece of plastic on floor that resembled ear plugs. We just left on floor.

TV: no instructions, again had to call downstairs, could not figure out how to get regular TV, it comes up at pay TV shows. (or what appears to be special programming)

WE have always stayed at another hotel which offers Park and Ride in the area and decided to try Hampton Inn as we are Hilton members. ( Greeting as so upon arrival.)

Hampton Inn advertises/promotes 100% satisfaction....I would recommend this hotel, but not 100% satisfaction. WE WILL COME AGAIN to give them a second try.

Room Tip: The people here are very friendly and appreciate their guests.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Louise T
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of HVAC unit was of concern, I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the Boston area.

Cathy.cucchiello@hilton.com
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel both times I've been in Boston. I've requested early check in both times but the room wasn't ready either time. The staff has always been great and always does everything they can to get my room ready as quickly as possible. The wait has never been long. The first time I stayed here was with a friend from Russia on our first trip to Boston. We had a great stay. All staff was great and breakfast was always good. Shuttle driver was always prompt and courteous. Second time that I stayed was during winter storm Nemo. I got stranded in Boston an extra night and the staff was able to accommodate me an extra night. The only downside to this hotel is it's location. The hotel is in a rundown area filled with industrial buildings. I would definitely recommend this hotel despite it's location. I stayed here September 2012 and February 2013. This review is overdue.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Chris H
hamptonlogan, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Perfect hotel if you are looking for ease of getting to and from the airport. The only down side was that it took the hotel staff 1 hour and 10 minutes to come get us at the car rental return place. It should have taken 10 minutes. Make sure you schedule your pick up.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in picking you up at the car rental return; this normally does not take this long. I have since spoken with the driver and staff involved ensuring this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

cathy.cucchiello@hilton.com
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Me and my wife stayed in this hotel for 3N/4D and it was an awesome experience. Here is the pointers for people looking to book a reasonable hotel in Boston:

Pros:
* The biggest plus is their shuttle service, which is always available on request if and is not limited to airport transfers only. We used it to connect to the airport or station to roam around the city.
* The complimentary breakfast is very filling and some snacks are available round the clock.
* Superb service by the staff.
* Complementary wifi, HBO.

Only drawback with this place is that it's too far from all the attraction but with their shuttle service and good public transport in Boston (buy a daily, weekly or monthly pass depending upon your stay duration), but on the other hand it's very close to the airport so an ideal hotel for people staying for a connection etc. Also the in-house restaurant has very limited options for lunch and dinner, though there are plenty of options available near by and they provide room service with some delivery charges.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. I would recommend it to any one planning to visit Boston if they are ok with decent amount of daily commuting.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank atn_iitd
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hampton Boston Logan! So glad you were able to experience our warm Hampton Inn hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Cathy.Cucchiello@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport? Share your experiences!