“Very pleasantly surprised by this Hampton”

Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Revere
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I have to admit....I was not expecting much when I decided to stay at this Hampton. Revere, MA is pretty much a dump, and I knew this Hampton was a bit older, but I decided to give it a shot as it is very close to Logan Airport, and the reviews all seem to be pretty good.
After my stay, I can say I was very surprised in a good way, and the reviews are all correct...this is a very nice Hampton Inn.
Being a Hampton Inn, you can pretty much expect to know what you're going to get when you walk in. The decor in the rooms is very typical Hampton. Of course this includes a very nice work desk with adequate power supply for laptops and phones, and a super comfy bed with clean sheets and duvet and comfy pillows. I really appreciated the bottle of water a little thing of cookies waiting for me the room as well. Also, the hotel had very fast hi-speed wireless internet, which is often a big letdown at most hotels, so this was a bonus.
The hotel does have a small restaurant/lounge, which I did not use, but this is a bit different for a Hampton. It was quite crowded, which I guess is a good sign. I did not use the shuttle service either, but the hotel has plenty of free parking, and is only 5 to 10 minutes from Logan airport. If I have to fault the hotel on something it would only be the slight presence of mold in the shower corners and around the soap dish. It wasn't gross and overall the bathroom was very clean and tidy.
All in all this was a very nice stay and I will stay here again if needed an overnight before an early flight out of Logan.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ChewInRI
hamptonlogan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Thank You for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. We value every comment we receive from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am concerned with the mold issue in the shower I would like to speak with you regarding this matter at your convenience. Look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here last week because we had an early flight out of Logan and it was perfect. the shuttle runs every 20 minutes and gets you to Logan within 10 minutes. The hotel staff is excellent and the hotel was clean. Great stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback and are thrilled to learn you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for acknowledging our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was here for 2 days while CT was without power from a miniscule snow storm. The room was clean and a good size. The bathroom was also nice.

The breakfast was decent with scrambled eggs and turkey sausages, cereal, waffles.

The lounge that opens at 5 was great. They have Sam Adams on tap and a few others in bottles. There are Unos pizzas to order as well as many other choices such as fish and chips and chowder.

The hotel is very close to the airport and of course they are ready with a shuttle to pick up and drop off.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank swingerhead

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback and are thrilled to learn you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was very pleased with this hotel. I thought it was a bit pricey for a Hampton Inn, but realize it's in a big city and close to the airport. I loved that they had complimentary shuttle service. We used them to pick us up from the airport and drop us off the next day at the train station. The front desk employees were very friendly and helped us Southerners find our way around.
The room was plenty big and very clean. The breakfast was just perfect. They even had a night lounge/bar area that was nice for a drink.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your patronage to our hotel and are ecstatic that we are able to consistently provide you with a great experience. Our staff truly strives to exceed guests’ expectations and provide extraordinary service. We are excited to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My daughter and I stayed 3 nights while touring local colleges. The room was very comfortable. We had a couple of early mornings and appreciated the "brown bag breakfasts" available at the front desk.
The shuttle to and from the airport and the subway was a great added bonus, though I wish the front desk would give an estimate for how long the wait at the subway station would be. You have to go out to the street to wait and it doesn't feel like a safe neighborhood. We could have spent some of our waiting time in the station. It is a quick trip into the city.
Having a place to get some dinner inside the hotel was a nice bonus, though I would skip the pizza--it was a baked frozen pizza.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to personally Thank You for taking the time to place such a review on Trip Advisor. We value every comment we receive from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to do so. The staff at the Hampton Inn Boston Logan is honored to have you as our guest! If you’re ever in the area again, please do not hesitate to contact us we would love to have you back.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

To say that this hotel is at/near the Boston-Logan Airport is misleading. It is a $20 cab trip from the airport. There were no restaurants or T stations within walking distance. The room was fine. The shuttle did not leave or arrive as scheduled, but rather about 15 minutes late each way.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank You for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. We value every comment we receive from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am concerned with a few of your statements regarding the shuttle and proximity to the airport. We are only 2 miles from the airport and we do offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport as well as the local subway station. I am sorry if you had to wait more then 20 minutes for a pick up. We do have a lounge on property that serves food from 5pm-11pm, and our shuttle also will drop you off and pick you up at two local restaurants. I am sorry that this information was not explained to you upon check in. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

This hotel was everything we expected from a Hampton. The beds and linens were very nice. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was very good and the items were kept stocked. The shuttle is very prompt departing from the hotel. It was very prompt picking us up from the airport after midnight. The only downside of the entire stay was that we had to wait awhile for the shuttle at the T station. If you take it, be sure to wait out at the street. We didn't and missed the first shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
hamptonlogan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Nicholas.Pancoast@Hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Quality Inn Revere
#3 of 5 in Revere

Been to Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport? Share your experiences!