“comfort inn boston logan intl airport 7/27/14”

Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Revere
GreenLeadersGold level
buffalo
“comfort inn boston logan intl airport 7/27/14”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn for the first time three or four years ago. Since then, whenever we visit Boston, we stay here. The experience has always been exceptional. The rooms, and bathroom, are always clean, the breakfast is very good, the shuttle service has always been reliable, and the staff will go the extra mile for us. My college age son got up after the breakfast was put away, but they got him a little something anyway. We plan on returning to Boston soon, and will definitely stay at this motel. Kudos to whoever is training this staff.

Room Tip: The rooms are all good. We've stayed on several different floors and have found them all great.
Green Features: They obviously care about recycling and keeping the area clean.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ComfortRevere, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience. We have a great team here that truly loves what they do!

Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you again very soon!

Katrina Philbin- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Dieppe, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites during our vacation to Boston. The rooms were very clean, roomy and comfortable. The hotel is situated very close to Logan Int'l Airport with shuttle service going 24 hrs a day. The hotel staff (Darian in particular) was very helpful. He took time to explain the Transit system in detail. Where to take the train, what stations to stop and see the city and how to get back safely. If you are planning a trip to Boston, it's the best place to stay. You can park your car and take the shuttle to the airport, hop in the subway system and visit downtown Boston without worrying where to park your car or how to get around. The continental breakfast was very good with lots of options including everything from fresh fruits to homemade waffles. We are planning a trip to Boston again next year and we will definately be staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Revere, MA

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ComfortRevere, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and other travelers on Trip Advisor. We are so glad Derian had provided you with exceptional service and I will be sure to share this comment with him. We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Joe Fiorello-Executive Sales Manager
Coventry, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 30, 2014

What a great hotel. Staff was professional and knowledgeable. Our room was excellent with a great mattress providing a great night's sleep. Highly recommended if you are looking for a base to explore Boston or heading out the next day from Logan. We received an excellent rate for the room. The shuttle to the airport is wonderful, runs on the half hour 24/7. Do yourself a favor and stay here.

Green Features: Environment is a major focus of this hotel. They have many initiatives in place.
Michigan
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I got married last weekend and had over 20 rooms for our guests and wedding party at the Comfort Inn! We want to thank Fabiola for being so wonderful and so easy to work with as our guests booked their rooms. She was in constant communication and really worked hard to accommodate early check ins for our guests arriving on red eyes. The shuttle service was key in helping everyone get into the middle of Boston and to/from the airport and the breakfast was another fantastic perk! The beds and pillows were comfortable and the staff was very pleasant throughout our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ComfortRevere, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Newly-wed Mr. and Mrs.

Thank you and Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you both and we are so glad that you chose to spend your special night with us!! Fabbi does a fantastic job and we appreciate you recognizing her. Thank you for writing your review on our hotel and we hope to see you every year on your anniversary!!

Katrina Philbin
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to stay at this hotel for the weekend. When we arrived we were asked to pay an incidental deposit of $150. I only had $20 bills so I gave the man $160. When I asked for the change back (the $10 difference) he insisted that I have him $140. I asked him to count it again and when hi did there was $160. I thought this was an honest mistake at first but now I realize he was trying to pocket $20. I feel this way because there was also another funny incident that occurred. When we went to check out the manager told us that they would be keeping the $150 deposit because the room smelled like smoke. I want to make this very clear... We DON'T smoke!!! I was shocked that this was happening so I asked the manager to escort me to the room. Of course the room didn't smell like smoke but the manager insisted that it did. I know realize that this is a scam that hotel employees do especially at this hotel. I've read other reviews that said the same thing. They don't issue you your cash back but they also don't put it in the hotel till. They pocket the cash! I will be calling corporate and asking for my deposit back. I was absolutely scammed. Aside from this my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Nicholas D
ComfortRevere, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize about your experience at our property and would like to discuss this with you further. Please feel free to contact me at 781-873-3634 or jfiorello@comfortinnboston.com.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Joe Fiorello- Executive Sales Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Where do I start? Booked here because it was 'close' to airport - well, it took 25 minutes from when I called for the shuttle from the terminal until they arrived and then we had quite a ride back to the hotel. The people on the 800 number will tell you they are 7 to 10 minutes from the airport - perhaps at 2am in your own vehicle but not in the shuttle van at normal times of day. The return trip to the airport the following morning took half an hour (from when we left the hotel parking lot to when I got off the shuttle at Terminal C). Half an hour on the shuttle is not an extraordinary burden but if you stay be sure to plan on at least half an hour not on the 7 to 10 minutes that you are told. And if it is rush hour allow much longer. Also, be warned although the 800 number folks will tell you the shuttle runs 24 hours whenever you need it - it actually runs only on the hour and the half hour. Again not a problem as long as you know this and plan accordingly.
Check-in is not incredibly efficient - first I waited for the one person at the desk to get off the phone ...although other people passed behind him they did not stop to offer help...one of my favorite parts is the long list of warnings they want you to sign - when you point out for example that you came in the van not a personal car you get a shrug that you must sign that part anyway...not worth arguing about so we just drew a line and noted we had no car. I can't remember everything on the list but it was bizarre (and I stay many nights a year in hotels in various countries...never seen such an extensive list). But lets move on to the room...bit tired and worn. No discernible AC - call to desk did not help at all. Definitely would not recommend you stay here in the summer. Left to wonder how the heat would be in the winter. And be warned they have 'gone green' which many many signs will remind you of and instead of a nice little personal soap you get dispensers on the wall of the shower..while one is labeled gel and one shampoo they both seemed to dispense the same thing..I admit it is just a pet peeve because I have to wonder how well they are cleaned. Room size was fine but as noted it was not very fresh or current. Wifi functioned ok - it was probably the one thing that did not disappoint. Did not try the breakfast buffet as had to leave too early. Saw pool but also did not use that. Oh, yes, when I checked in wanted to get a drink and the card said there was a vending machine on my floor....couldn't find it...asked housekeeper who I saw in hallway she assured me the only machine was on the top floor (as it turned out there was one of my floor..wonder why she sent us to the top floor?).
All in all, given distance to airport, problems with shuttle, problems with room, the not great service etc. I think that we'll go back to the Hilton next time. The location and service don't justify the $300+/night cost.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank chimneysweep1912
naples
Reviewed July 18, 2014

First of all, the reservations were messed up, so when we arrived we were met with a delema. The manager worked out the problem to our satisfaction. Be carefull when calling the hotel directly, as you have no proof of the exact reservation you made, and this goes with all hotels. But after that, the only issue was the wake up call.... it didn't happen, but fortunately we were up.

Now the good stuff. The breakfast is the best I have seen in any hampton Inn or Comfort inn. They shuttle you to the subway, so you don't have to drive your car downtown. The room is very well appointed and seems fresh and clean. There is an exercise room, so when you over eat at breakfast, you can work it off. It is somewhat difficult to get to the hotel, when driving towards the airport. Overall we were pleased although I think that 270 for a room seems high, but we were in Boston.
The hotel is used by most of the airlines, so you will see alot of pilots comming and going.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the mexican restaurant in the hotel, if you are tired and don't want to go downtown.
1 Thank fooddog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Comfort Inn - Boston
Comfort Inn - Boston
#76 of 83 in Boston

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport? Share your experiences!