“Fantastic hotel...shame about location to Boston central”

Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Revere
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Lovely hotel. Rooms were clean and the beds are super comfy. Breakfast was nice and the staff were always willing to help. The hotel is a 10 minute shuttle ride to the airport. Location is a bit of a pain to get into Boston, you have to take the complimentary shuttle to Logan airport train station then jump on the train into central Boston but otherwise great hotel to stay on.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Natalie D
ComfortRevere, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our beds and breakfast! I will be sure to let the team know about your feedback. Thank you again ofr choosing us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Sincerely, Katrina

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I returned from our yearly winter vacation in Mexico. Our AA flight landed at 12:30 AM and we needed a hotel nearby since we are elderly and very tired. I called the hotel before making the reservation and asked specifically about their shuttle service at that late hour. They assured me - no problem. As soon as we left the plane I called the main desk to tell them that I needed a shuttle ride - they told me it would be right along.

My husband, who is not strong due to a recent back operation, and I waited outside the airport terminal in the cold weather, for which we were not adequately dressed. We watched shuttle after shuttle of every other hotel in the area go by - not once, but several times. No Comfort Inn shuttle bus appeared. We called the main desk several times and each time we were assured it was on its way.

It was an hour of waiting in front of a now deserted terminal, and as we were walking to go back in the terminal to get warm, the bus appeared. We got to bed at 2:30 AM. It was a horrible experience. The hotel gave us a $50 discount, which hardly made up for our extreme discomfort. It took us a long time to recover from this terrible hotel lack of service.

Marshall and Claire Karesky, Provincetown, Mass. marshall_karesky@hotmail.com

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marshall K
ComfortRevere, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

First of all, I want to express how sorry I am for the extremely long wait you experienced on your return trip! We would never want any of our guests to wait for such a long time outside in the cold. A paid taxi ride at the minimum should have been offered to you, after waiting for more than 20 minutes. Our shuttles run 24hrs, so the late arrival of your flight should not have contributed to your long wait. I will personally investigate who was working that evening to try and understand why this incident occurred.

You mentioned that the front desk offered you a $50 discount of your room to try and make up for the inconvenience and I would also personally like to offer you the ability to stay with us again at anytime in the future and I will make sure you receive a discounted Friends & Family rate. Furthermore please feel free to utilize me for any future reservations at other Choice Hotels around the country and I will do my best to get you discounted Friends & Family rates at those locations as well. It's my goal to try and make all of your future stays within the Choice Hotels brand even more affordable, in the hope to make up for the poor experience you had with our shuttle service that night. I can be reached at 781-873-3611 or my email is dsmith@comfortinnboston.com.

I hope to hear from you and assist you with any future reservations you may have!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This place is consistent! Rooms are Clean and always great. Staff at the desk is geat and friendly...

We also like the Margarita's place too. Love the bar staff and the food is good too!

Shuttle to the airport was great, on the way back we had to wait awhile.

Would recommend this place to anyone! Great place and we will be back again and again, This was about stay 8 for us!

Room Tip: We had a queen Suite!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments and for your continued loyalty to our hotel and our Park & Fly packages! It always makes me happy to hear about guests who continue to stay with us year after year and receive the same consistently good service we strive to deliver every day! I'm excited to announce that we are adding a 5th shuttle bus to our fleet, which should help to shorten our guests waiting time at the airport.

If there is anything I can assist you with in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 781-873-3611 or my email dsmith@comfortinnboston.com.

We look forward to having you stay with us for many more years to come!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Good clean comfortable hotel, with friendly staff.
Shuttle quickly collected us from the airport and was also useful for trips into Boston via the T station (also good for access to the silverline which takes you to South Station - Amtrak)
Special thanks to Damien & Jesus for their help.
My family enjoyed our stay for a couple of nights to start off our holiday to see family in America.
Good size rooms, good breakfast menu choice, nice pool & gym.
We also stayed again at the end of our holiday, which made the flight back less of a strain as the shuttle only takes 5 minutes.
Service was excellent - Thank you
Matt & Emma

Room Tip: Did not try the spa.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ComfortRevere, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and sharing them with other guests on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on wonderful customer service and we are so glad that is what you had encountered with us. I will be sure to share this wonderful comment with Damien our Front Office Manager and Jesus our Shuttle Driver.

We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Joe Fiorello- Sales Manager

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My son and I were traveling to visit colleges. We stayed at 10 value priced hotels during our trip and this was by far the best of the bunch. I enjoyed my stay at this Comfort Inn so much, that I returned later in the week.

I posted a review earlier in the week, but I wanted to share a few other important points.
1) This hotel does allow pets
2) Although it is outside of the downtown part of the city, the shuttle bus will take you to the train station where you can catch the T for $2.50 each way to downtown Boston, Cambridge, etc. The hotel will give you the phone number and the shuttle will also pick you up from the train station, This is the most convenient way to see Boston.
3) The hotel is freshly remodeled.
4) It is next door to the NECCO (New England Confectionary Company) factory
5) There isn't much within walking distance, so use the onsite restaurant or order pizza to the room if you don't have a car.

Do not hesitate to stay at this Comfort Inn! It is above par compared with other "Choice Hotel" properties and an excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ComfortRevere, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a second trip advisor comment, we truly appreciate your support and time. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'm all for hotels asking me to leave my towels I don't want replaced hanging up... I'm sure this saves the polar bears... Not to mention, this saves the hotel tons of money on their water bill and detergent costs. Why don't they just be honest about that part?

Anyway, this hotel takes it up another 6 notches. Every sign I saw in the hotel had "made from recycled plastic" written under it. In the shower, there were no little bottles of shampoo or miniature bars of soap... Instead, there are these refillable pumper things attached to the wall of the shower. One labeled "bath gel" the other "shampoo." On the surface, this doesn't sound all that bad. But as I'm using these things, it made me wonder how many other people used them before me... Are they cleaned very well? I don't like having these questions in my head when I'm in a hotel room - let alone standing in the shower... I like to imagine that I'm the first and only person to have ever used this room... Not the case in this hotel. There are reminders everywhere that "you are just a number." There was someone here yesterday and there will be someone else here tomorrow. It's just not comforting.

Anyway, everywhere you go at this property, you are reminded on how you are destroying the planet. Even at breakfast, there are a bunch of different garbage cans for all of your different things. This one is for cups, this one is for plates, this one is for uneaten food, this one is for trash... Enough!

The internet at this hotel was fine, I was able to stream Netflix without any problems.

The breakfast in the morning was pretty sad though. Although the pictures above the garbage cans about what is allowed inside them showed uneaten hot items, I did not see any on the buffet. It was mostly pastries and breads.

Overall, I was very underwhelmed by this hotel. I suppose I shouldn't expected too much, but the crazy "don't waste anything or gloom and doom will befall you" attitude of this hotel made it not a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ComfortRevere, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

I'm very sorry you felt that way about our environmental initiatives. All of our bathroom amenity dispensers are refilled for each and every guest and are cleaned on a regular basis. We also offer standard bottled amenities like shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc... upon request, for those guests who prefer to use them. There is a small sign in the bathroom letting guests know we have them available at the front desk. We have hot scrambled eggs and sausage which are served fresh each day as part of our complimentary buffet breakfast and I'm sorry that you didn't get to enjoy them. We try and offer all of the same services and amenities as any full service hotel in Boston, while also doing anything we can to help lessen the environmental impact of our hotel operation and remaining as “carbon neutral” as possible. Hopefully, this helps clear up some of the issues you had with your stay and we hope you'll give us another try the next time your in Boston!!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Family had a 5:00 AM flight from Logan and this hotel had everything we needed, especially as we were without a car. Kids enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool, we enjoyed dinner at the attached Margarita's restaurant - where I also met a friend later for drinks and to watch a game. Shuttle to airport took 10 minutes and the staff was extremely and courteous. Room was large and comfortable - even though we got very little sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ComfortRevere, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at our property with other guests on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you had a memorable stay with us. I will be sure to share this wonderful comment with the rest of our great team.

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Joe Fiorello- Sales Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#3 of 5 in Revere
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport? Share your experiences!