“Terrific!”

Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are conveniently located Near the junction of rts 95 & 93. Our two level, full service, supra-casual restaurant offers 65 cocktails, delicious apps & tapas, and an extensive made-to-order dinner menu. We offer Italian specialties as well as fresh seafood quality steaks, and with five different seating areas and two bars, you can always find the right spot to enjoy your night no matter what the occasion.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Venetian Moon on the recommendation of our very fussy son-in-law. We got a table upstairs near the window - not alfresco dining, but close enough. Downstairs is larger and very contemporary and seems to be favored by the younger set. We had a very friendly waiter named Luis. He was very attentive and even replaced our silverware between courses - something we've only experienced before in five-star restaurants. He also told us that the kitchen would prepare meals to order if we didn't see a particular item on the menu. Our food was excellent. The portions were huge! We both took at least half of it home for another meal. The prices were on the higher side, but considering the quality and size of the servings, it was well worth the price. We highly recommend this restaurant. TIP: According to our waiter, business on weekends in the summer tend to be a little slower, so it's a lot easier to get in on a Friday or Saturday night as opposed to the rest of the year.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Have begun to frequent the spot as it is near our new home and we find that there are two distinct places - upstairs is a more intimate bistro with tapas and brick walls and open rafters and a cozy feel.

Go down the stairs and you're not sure if you have gone to another era - white walls, glass, crystal decorations, imitation white leather, and almost a disco feel though without music. Downstairs is about groups and a full menu and a lot about women celebrating women as there are most often 75% or more women dining downstairs.

The food is good upstairs or down - it's your choice what atmosphere you are looking for. The drinks are delicious but not cheap.

Overall very enjoyable if you choose what you want.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I visited the Venetian Moon for my birthday. I had eggplant rotinis for an appetizer. They were delicious. I also had their lemon basil alfredo. It was really good. My chocolate martini was also good. We sat downstairs, and it had a very nice ambiance with instrumental music in the background and dimmed lights.I will visit again. Great experience.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

went to the moon tonight. they had some specials on the menu which they were trying out... one word .... Fantastic...

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I just went last night & was so excited to order my favorite meal. I was told that I wasn't allowed to substitute the pasta with vegetables anymore. I was surprised b/c I feel like this place used to be so accommodating. They didn't have our favorite pink sangria either and no one was sure when it was coming back. This seriously used to be my favorite place to hang out, but I just didn't get the same vibe last night. Seems very customer unfriendly now & too cheap to provide substitutions for meals. The drinks are good & expensive so I'm sure you can handle giving me some spinach instead of a pound of pasta. I would've stayed later and had a few more drinks but oh well. Too bad.

1  Thank LeaMotts