“Don't Make the Mistake I Did”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't Make the Mistake I Did”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My review isn't much different than many of the other reviews posted here. I do have to say that that the Macaroni Grill was good at one time and seemed to do great business. Over the last several years, the food quality and service has slowly gotten worse. When I went there last, our server seemed to be more interested in socializing with guests sitting at another table. It also took a while for the food we ordered to arrive.

• Visited February 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Service, Ok food!”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Very friendly staff, nice atmosphere, but when it comes to the food- it sure needs more attention!
Not a nice presentation of the soup bowl- soup all over the outside.
Pasta definitely needs more sauce- it was very dry.
Overall experience- OK! I will try it again, hoping for improvement!

• Visited February 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Moving in the wrong direction”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The Macaroni Grill has been a reliable restaurant that we and a neighborhood couple has frequented many times. Unfortunately, the last visit was very subpar. The menu has changed and been pared down. The four entrees we ordered were all disappointing. Bad move by the Macaroni Grill.

• Visited January 2012
MA
“Three strikes and you're out”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This used to be a sure winner for dinner. This autumn we experienced cold soup twice, wrong entrees, over 1 hr waiting for entrees in half filled restaurant, unreliable recommendations from waitress about portion sizes, salad served on warm plates, no serving spoons for shared entree salad, we had to ask for salad plates then the were removed 5 minutes later. Waited 10 minutes tonight to be seated with only a handful of patrons in the restaurant. Wine served in drinking glasses. The waitress tried tonight but my entree was small served in a silly little deep bowl, too salty and sauce was pasty. This place needs some good cooks and some organization. Also, please clean off the booth seats. Ours had bread crumbs and oil on it. Glad we saw it before sitting in dripped oil! I cleaned with a baby wipe. Salt skaker was gummy and icky looking. We didn't use it. No offer for drink refills. We used some comp coupons from awful previous dinner when kitchen was disorganized. Won't be back, gave it too many chances and they failed. Too many excellent Italian restaurants nearby, don't waste time here.

• Visited September 2011
Stoneham, Massachusetts
“Recent Drastic Menu Downgrades with Price Increases”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I never send back an entre but had to in disgust. I ordered Chicken Carmel. It was served in a large soup bowl of pasta sitting in at least 1/4 cup of oil and the "chicken" was a small amount of shaved bits that resembled bacon bits. It was truly ugly. As previous patrons will know, the kitchen is completely open to diners. When the waiter took back my meal I overheard the chef cursing me for refusing his food. I felt bad for the waiter but this is not a cheap eats place and I wasn't about to accept this unprofessional attitude either. The manager wasn't in but called me the next day promising to mail a voucher of some kind. I never got it.
Don't waste your hard earned money on this place - it's gone way down hill.

• Visited August 2011