“Not the best of the Marriots!”

Courtyard Boston Raynham
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Raynham
Derry, New Hampshire
“Not the best of the Marriots!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stay at Marriots alot and this is the first one I was in that was horrible. I had 3 spa rooms..we had hubby/I in one room and 2 couples had each of their own rooms. At time of reservation I told receptionist I had my 25th anniversary that weekend and more couples be calling to check-in. One of our friends staying called to change their room to the spa room. They were hung up on not once but twice finally got thru told them they were with my group for the 25th anniversary. Reception had no idea what he was talking about when I was told it was being marked on our reservation. Our room was nice til you looked closely at the jacuzzi and there is a film of I dont know what around the bottom. Great not using that on my anniversary! In our room one small complimentary bottle of water. There are 2 people! The bed was hard as a rock,,,Never had a bed that bad in a hotel. Breakfast included each-day with our room rate and how it was explained made no sense. First morning explained to us coffee small juices muffins and cookies <ya cookies for breakfast> included Hubby asked for a breakfast sandwich he was told not included in our "room rate" Next morning only thing different is now we have to pay for coffee ???????? I didnt get that, We left at 11am saturday for our anniversary party back at 4 and room is NOT made up 5hrs and not done. We were leaving next morning I gave the maid my dirty towels got clean ones and coffee and told them not to bother us and they respected that! We went to the pool that was clean but the pool was freezing but the hot tub was nice and warm. Lastly it had a smell I cant explain it just smelled odd,,,Mansfied Ma has a nice marriot and I will drive the xtra 30mins to stay at a nicer marriot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardMgt, Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very disappointed to hear about your experience. The issues you are addressing in your review have already been discussed with the respective departments to ensure proper communication is in place and similar situation will not repeat in the future.
If you have a moment to share with me the dates of your stay so I can ensure proper retraining will take place for the associates who were assigned care of your room. I will be happy to look into the reservations and assist with any other concerns or questions you may have in regards of your stay. My e-mail is teodora.petkova@marriott.com.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the for the frustration and inconvenience you experienced. I do hope to hear from you at your convenience as your feedback highly valued!

In hospitality,
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed there for business in Dec 2010 and it was a good pick, very conveniently located within walking distance from my office. Good warm welcome, basic rooms, a pool table in the lobby is a plus. For drinks or a juicy steak you may want to go across the street to the nice restaurant, with bar and outside fireplace.
Breakfast was very very basic, but I would go back there because it is convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardMgt, Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments about our property! We have made some very exciting changes to our public spaces since the last time you visited us. We offer great new breakfast and dinner options in The Bistro where you can Eat.Drink.Connect. We also offer Starbucks and a full bar. Our newly reinvented lobby features a home theater section, a 24 hours business center and plenty of comfortable seating with plenty of connectivity options for all of your electronic devices. We also have a fire pit with lounge furniture available in the Courtyard during the warmer months.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back with us!

Best regards,
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days on a business trip and was very happy. The staff were more than helpful and the courtesy bus was very useful. I was impressed with the lobby and eating area and the great selection of breakfast choices.
My room was very comfortable and clean and had all that I needed.
The Stoneforge restaurant across the road is a great place to eat and have a beer and has an extensive menu.
The only negative I would have is that my room had a locked door to the adjacent room and I could hear the occupants conversation quite clearly, so it made me careful about making any noise with the TV.
I would have used the pool but thought that it was in too much of a public place by the walkway to the lobby.
All in all a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other travelers! It is great to hear we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay and you appreciated the options we have available for breakfast and our courtesy shuttle.
We rely on our guests' feedback and are striving to provide a high level of service.
We hope to see you back with us soon!

In hospitality,
Raymond, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Ok this place is gross walking in all trash outside by trash barrels and it was 4 in the afternoon go to check in room and it smells absolutely horrible a mix of moldy mildew and colonge ..go and tell front desk ..get this she says "oh thats because your above the pool " wow she says il send someone up to check it out ..so we go back to room it smells so bad we open up door to balcony and walk out to get away from the stench ...what do we fing out on balcony only cigarrete butts everwhere smashed cigar stubs and ohhh it get better a half smoked joint of weed ....are you kidding me welll they send this "dude up'" and he looks outside on balcony says something in a foriegn language and cleeans up mess oh and the half joint dissapears hmmmmm....well after sitting around waiting for over an hour and a half they finally moved us to different rooms ....we had ajoining rooms as this was family trip ended up not having ajoining rooms next rooms were ok somewhat dirty and dusty pool was cold and looked cloudy and dirty hot tub was luke warm ....got out of there the next day ...would not recommend this hotel to anyone EVER ....management horrible to deal with .... so beware

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kennykap
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed 1 night for business and due to snow/sleet storm. Clean up-to-date room, bed very comfortable, thermostat worked well, free wifi worked great, bathroom with plenty of thick towels and toiletries, staff pleasant and helpful. Quiet. Easy side door access from parking lot which I for one always like. I used points for the stay and got a nice free upgrade to boot with sitting room, microwave and refrigerator. Location is super convenient to Route 24 and if you need to stock up on basics, shopping is very close.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We travel here from California. We have stayed here numerous times and are always happy with our stay. The location is perfect for us since we travel to Boston and Rhode Island to visit family. The hotel has a beautiful lobby and eating area. The hotel staff is always very friendly and helpful. I always recommend this hotel to family and friends when traveling to this area. We love it!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Kthorny
CourtyardMgt, Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your great words and positive feedback about our hotel! We always do our best to provide a great stay to our guests! I am happy to realize we succeed in that goal and are consistent in providing you the service you expect with every stay! We hope to see you and your family back very soon!

USA
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 1 night for business. The lobby, bistro and Business area were extremely clean- I have never seen such a clean hotel in the common areas. The public restroom was very clean too. The shuttle bus driver was prompt, polite and very accommodating- I believe his name was Michael. Also, the front desk personnel were very friendly, very helpful and patient with my many questions. There is a Walmart and the StoneForge tavern is right across the street. The Bistro for breakfast was great- a welcome change from a buffet bfast- fresh hot and made to order- I had eggs and english muffin- simple but delish- just like I would have made for myself. My only complaint was that the housekeeping personnel knocked on my door at 815 AM to ask if I was checking out. I thought that was a little weird- a little too early. The bathroom was due for some remodeling- bathroom floor tile cracked.

Room Tip: The rooms near the elevators are noisy-can hear hallway conversations- just an FYI for light sleeper...