“Very good food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Kitchener, Canada
“Very good food”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Filet was cooked great - tasted awesome. (Broccoli was brutal though). Desserts excellent. Lots of beer choices. Fun atmosphere. Good service. Recommended.

Visited November 2013

Stoughton, Massachusetts
“Great lunch”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Really robust lunch selection... got the crab cake sandwich and it was delicious. French fries were golden and crispy

Visited October 2013
Aiea, Hawaii
“A little expensive for what you get.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We chose Stoneforge partly because of it's interesting look from the outside and its convenience to where we were staying We at dinner in the Tavern portion of the restaurant, which is separate from a formal dining area (there was some kind of party going on there). This was a Saturday night, so it was busy, but we got seated in about 3 minutes. The décor in the Tavern is very nice with lots of TVs with different football games playing. I'm not really sure what the décor represented, but it was like a Viking dining hall, with booths. So, it looked really neat on the inside. I had a draft beer and a southwest chicken salad while my wife had a New York sirloin, which is the least expensive of the steak entrees. The waiter was a little slow with everything and not the friendliest guy. My biggest gripe with this place was the management/staff. I could see out of the corner of my eye that servers and hostess were bickering with each other. And, nobody seemed real happy. So, service suffered. My wife's steak was not that tender, no better than the meat I buy at Safeway. My salad was OK. No complaints there. The tab before tip was $44 for the two of us. We walked out thinking to ourselves that we really didn't get our money's worth and should have eaten at Longhorn down the street. I think this place could be much if the staff was as nice as the décor. Until then, I don't think it's worth the money for dinner. Maybe a good bar scene, though.

• Visited September 2013
Berkley, Massachusetts
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

After a long day at work, I ordered food to-go at Stoneforge since Codfather's Seafood in Taunton was closed on Sundays. I have ordered food from here a couple of times and it has been ok for the most part, but this is not my first less-than-par experience there.

I should have known from the time I paid for my $38.49 order, to leave it, ask for my money back, and never come back. The hostess informed me that she did not have any coin change and handed me a dollar back (which I told her to just keep it- I guess the restaurant needs it more than me). Apparently it is ok and from the size of the entrees, a usual, to short-change their customers.

I ordered the Calamari Puttanesca appetizer, which I had asked for the sauce to be on the side. To my disappointment, the calamari was soggy because it had been tossed in the pesto sauce, capers, tomatoes, and olives. I also ordered two small Fish & Chips. I wasn't about to pay $17.99 for a large which was outrageously overpriced. Small does not even express what I received. I actually laughed when I saw the portion size. Since when has codfish become a delicacy? Basically, for the price of $12.99 each (which was also overpriced), I received a side salad and a french fry entree with a (small) side of coleslaw and fish. Having a kitchen scale, I decided to weigh out the portion before calling the restaurant with my disappointment. The fish on both entrees weighed 3-ounces! The coleslaw "side" came in a 2-ounce container, the same size as the one side of tarter sauce they so graciously gave me.

I contacted the restaurant. The hostess, after speaking with the manager, told me that the fish portion size for a small was half of the large. She stated she was unsure as to the actual size/weight, even after I had specifically asked that.

I then asked to speak with the manager, Mike I believe. Apparently another custom at this restaurant is to argue with customers. I asked him what the portion size should be. He told me it is a 4-ounce piece of fish for the small. I informed him that I had weighed out the fish on my kitchen scale and it was 3-ounces. He seemed offended that I did not believe him or their restaurant. He then proceeded to inform me how their fish is weighed out on a calibrated scale and pre-portioned out. I guess he didn't want to hear that his kitchen staff may have made a mistake but seemed to be trying to convince me that I was mistaken. I don't believe that cooking a piece of fish would make it lose a full ounce.

His solution was for me to come back (drive 15 minutes one way), with the food, and he would have another two fish entrees cooked for me. Other than that, there was nothing else he was willing to do. Not even an apology. Just arguing. Based on his reaction, I informed him I would most likely not return and he really did not seem to care.

After this 15 minute argument, I decided to eat my soggy calamari and cold fish, fries, and salad. I found a hair in my salad, and to top it all off, there was a white unknown substance under the lettuce in my salad (I chose the zinfandel vinaigrette, which is a rose color). I was completely disgusted and threw out $40.00 worth of food! Such a shame!

This is not how you keep customers from coming back or recommending your restaurant to their friends. I wasn't looking for anything free; I was just looking for what I overpaid for! Considering their codfish basically costs $52.00 a pound, I wanted some acknowledgement that they short changed me $6.50. But management there would not. I would NOT recommend this place. Don't waste your hard earned money on this overpriced restaurant!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Melanie L
Goochland, Virginia, United States
“Great choice for good food”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great atmosphere, Good food, Good service. What else is there? Nice location. Sat at the bar, the staff was friendly and helpful, good beer selection. Known for steaks and seafood. Ribeye was a good choice. Definitely will return next time in town

• Visited September 2013