“It was a little bit of a disappointment” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Randolph

Comfort Inn Randolph
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Randolph
“It was a little bit of a disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The room was average, but both the tub, and the sink backed up. It was pretty frustrating when you took your shower and the water was deep enough to take a bath. Then the sink the same way, while brushing your teeth, the sink got full. While checking in the lady tried to accommodate us with a refrigerator, but it had no freezer to freeze ice packs. The breakfast was the best part, very good. While checking out, we informed them of the frustration of the sink and tub. The lady said she would pass it on to the manager, and we may hear from him. We didn't! It was dissappointing.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Ford2002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brooklyn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have read some of the past reviews for this hotel, on here, and I am going to assume that a majority of the people with complains are traveling on business. I was traveling to visit a friend in the area. Lets be clear, this isn't NYC, or Miami....its Randolph, MA. It shares its name with one of the guys from Trading Places. There isn't much to do in the city, that's not the fault of the hotel.
I just made sure to bring my Laptop, and my Nook Color so I didn't get bored.

I didn't have any problem with this hotel at all. Breakfast is at 6:30am, which is early even for the chickens. If you need Breakfast earlier, perhaps you should walk with a banana or orange. I just think its odd to get mad when you know when breakfast starts, and expect to be given some sort of preferential treatment cuz you have to be at work at 5:30am, then get mad at the worker for doing her job.

The staff here couldn't have been more professional with me. I didn't need fresh towels, but I know the hotel is on some kind of environmental thing with water; where they don't give you fresh towels unless you leave them on the floor and request them or something....however it didn't bother me, cuz at home I change my towel every week, not everyday. I just hung my towel up and dried it with the handy heat lamp in the bathroom, and I was good.

The room did look dated, but it got the job done for what I needed. A place to sleep, get something to eat in the morning, and shower. If I wanted the 4 Seasons, I would go to there; not Randolph, MA...I kinda knew what to expect going in. The bed was comfortable, but Comfort Inn...what's up with those half sized pillows? In order to get 1 pillow I had to put 2 together!! That was weird. When I stayed there the pool was also closed; disappointing, but not a deal breaker.

If you're looking for a luxe hotel, go stay in Boston and spend your money there. If you're on vacation, and being a tourist, probably not the best place to stay....There is no nightlife nearby except for the crickets. If you're on a tight budget, need a decent place with friendly staff and free breakfast, this is it. If you're on Business, I would recommend this place as they have free Wi-FI and its super quiet, so you can get work done.

Room Tip: I think that the rooms that are higher up and to the back of the hotel are the quietest. However th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kevin M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days on business. First of all the attached restuarant is closed possibly forever and there are no major restuarant or fast food chains anywhere close by, unless you love Dunkin Donuts. The beds are not of Comfort Inn standards, but I slept well. I noticed my door looked like it was too small for the door hole. I could see into the hall through the crack. It was funny bc at night when my room lights were off, it looked as if the door was just standing there by itself without hinges. Bad fit, bad fit,
Out of the 10 days (we left at 530 am and retiurned from work at 430pm every day) we were there, we were only left wash clothes and hand towels twice. I complained everyday to no avail. The front desk would either laugh and bring them up or ask me to come get. It was very fristrating to come from work and not be able to take a shower without begging for washcloths.
Another thing is their breakfast is not until 630 am. Now there's someone in the breakfast area preparing things and setting up at 5am. But she does so in the dark like she's afraid someone is going to come in and get a bowl of cereal before 630. I asked a couple times to get some OJ because my husband is diabetci and his sugar was low and the lady was very rude and took her time, told me I was getting too much and turmed ot back off the second I removed my cup.
Another negative is the washer and dryer are 2 dollars each. The dryer runs for 60 min on $2, but you actaully need 75 min, so the dryer ends up costing you $4 a load.
So we got a hotel room, but ZER0 as far as customert service goes. I wouldn't look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the main street side. Very noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank vivianktoler
Southington, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had to go to the Boston area for a group meeting, so I went back to (yes, I've stayed there before) the Comfort Inn in Randolph, MA. It's easy to find off the highway. The hotel is next to two banquet facilities, so I imagine it's busier in prom and wedding season. The hotel room was clean and comfy. The staff was friendly. Believe it or not, the continental breakfast had two kinds of waffles offered - plain and strawberry. I like that there's a restaurant attached, the Fat Cactus. The room rates are economical, especially if you're with a group that offers discounts or you're willing to pay in advance. A Dunkin Donuts is across the street if continental breakfast coffee doesn't fulfill your morning jumpstart needs. I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get on the fourth floor. No ice machines/
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ShowHorseFan
Joe M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Randolph, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Randolph. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and also that our breakfast buffet exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you again when you are in the Boston area.

Regards,

Joe M.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Positives of the property was cleanliness, nice staff, and good breakfast. Our room was old looking. Plumbing needed repair. They changed our room. It was a little better but tub had non working drain plug. They comped our first night. Not worth the price except for the fact It is close to train. Shuttle to train was great!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ebrundo
Colebrook, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could pay less then $100 near Boston but not easy!!!

Great hotel very good service and very clean room...

Very warm welcome from front desk... I got some problems with wifi - their user name and password were not working and technician spent hours trying to fix that problem...

Nice comfy room with flat screen tv

Good restaurant next door... Ask for your VIP card for free appetizer ;-)

Safe parking area and quiet room...

• Stayed March 2013
norcross
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have not stayed here in a long time and was disapointed in my stay. The room was very tired and the bathroom needs a complete refresh as far as I am concerned. I use Comfort properties wheneven I can, when traveling. I can back to my room after a funeral and found used bath matt in tub, no bath towels and new bar of soap, just thrown on to vanity. Not Choice Hotels brightest Property. The bfast was better than average, that was the high spot

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Randolph hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Randolph
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Holiday Inn Express Braintree
Howard Johnson Quincy
Howard Johnson Quincy
#3 of 3 in Quincy
Courtyard Boston Stoughton

Been to Comfort Inn Randolph? Share your experiences!