“Real nice experience”

Dining options: Reservations
Albany NY
“Real nice experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrrived at LaScala, having stopped for the night on a trip, and knew nothing about Randolph. Plus, it was already 9 pm. We spotted LaScala, took a chance, and were very pleased with it. They were very cordial and, though we were late diners; they didn't rush us and even, at 10 pm, encouraged us to have more coffee or another drink. We both had salads (a Caesar and a tomato/basil/mozzarella) and both were large, fresh and tasty. Then we had veal dishes (mine a standard veal parm) and again were pleased. The portions were generous, the sauce very good (they sell it in jars also) and the pasta sides were fine. We were way too full for dessert. Great food and pleasant service was really welcome after a long day. One surprise was that they don't take credit cards, only cash or personal checks, but they do have an ATM in the restaurant. On the other hand, the prices are quite reasonable. The environment there is very pleasant, somewhere between casual and upscale--white tablecloths, candles, etc. A delightful experience.

• Visited July 2013

Norton, Massachusetts
“DISAPPOINTMENT IN RANDOLPH”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Several of my friends and I decided to visit LaScala in Randolph, a well respected italian restaurant in a town I lived in for 30 years. I liked the assorted seafood dish over pasta but asked if they coulf use spinach instead. I was told they substituted nothing. I settled for a veal dish with either a salad or past or ravioli. No veggie. One of my friends asked me to try a piece of his steak dish. The steak was like leather. He left most of it on the plate. He doesn't like to return food. The coffee at the end of the meal was luke warm. When I asked for sweeta I was told they only serve sweet and low. I guess they like to do things their way. The restaurant was crowded with diners, the physical plant was lovely except the tables were much to close together. Maybe they had a bad night in the kitchen. Throw in that they take no credit cards I won't give them a second chance.

1 Thank barry w
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Italian”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'm pretty picky about Italian food but La Scala is very good. I've been here quite a few times for functions, most recently for dinner tonight. I had salad with lettuce, onions, cucumbers, and artichoke hearts with an italian dressing. That was yummy. Then I tried the eggplant rolatini and veal parm. Both were great. The dessert was heavenly, a mud pie. The sangria was pretty good although made my nose stuffy, so probably cheap wine. All in all, I'd definitely recommend this place.

Boston
“A bit disappointed!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It had been sometime since my last visit to this once great restaurant,
and I am sorry to say it has gone down in the quality of the food.
I ordered the clams and linguine with red sauce, the food was served promptly and hot. But the clams were like rubber and the marinara sauce was tasteless and quite salty.
My wife ordered the chicken franchisee with a side of linguine with red sauce.
It was so salty she could not eat it, I tried her pasta and it was much better than what I was served.
The restaurant was quite busy, and the server was quite pleasent, the prices were reasonable. I just wish the food was as good as I had rembered. One other thing they do not accept credit cards, but do have an on site ATM for a fee. I feel this is a bit on the underhanded side.

Braintree, Massachusetts
“Good Italiano!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We visit La Scala often and have never been disappointed. The food is always tasty and the services is always great. Dessert is always yummy!

Visited September 2012