“A first for Provincetown...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Central Cafe

Grand Central Cafe
Ranked #94 of 136 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A first for Provincetown...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

After visiting Cape Cod for years, I had my first poor meal. It was a simple burger, but the bread was like sawdust. The service was good, the burger itself was fine, but.... Very disappointing.

• Visited August 2013

Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Good Food But...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had eaten here a couple times 3 or 4 years and enjoyed the food. We decided to go back thinking it would be uncrowded on this August night of Carnival Week. We arrived early and sat outside. The food was good but the service was very slow. There is a difference between relaxed and tedious. The time between courses was unnecessarily drawn out. However, there were other tables that seemed to receive more reasonable service. On the up side the patio is quaint and charming. It is off the beaten path so very little traffic goes by. This is a plus for those wanting a respite from the frantic pace of Commercial St. Still, having said all that, I wouldn't rule out going back.

• Visited August 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Having seen this restaurant very busy on a few nights, I thought the food must be delicious. After reviewing the menu with a friend, we thought this would be a great dining experience. After we were seated, we were served mediocre "garlic bread", which was nether warm nor toasty as one would expect. I asked the waiter to please describe 3 dishes for me as I was undecided. I knew no more after his descriptions of the dishes than I knew before. He just looked at me like I had 3 heads.We both ordered the filet mignon, which was served with starch and veggie. First, the salad dressing are straight out of a bottle! Come on Grand Central! Make an effort and make your dressings. How hard is it to make a balsamic vinegarette or a Caesar dressing? My baked potato was served with butter pats still wrapped in the foil and a plastic container of sour cream. And they just went crazy with the green beans...5 in all on my plate. The filet was alright, nothing to write home about.All I could do was laugh. Good thing I was in good company! My great expectations served up a huge disappointment!

• Visited July 2013
“Grand Central is Grand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Across from the A-House is this great restaurant. We were nicely greeted and water and a basket of garlic cheese bread placed on our table. We started our dinner with the Blackened Shrimp nicely prepared and great flavor. Our Ceasar and house salad were chilled, fresh and crisp. Entrees consisted of the Lazy Mans Lobster Pie and Seafood Scampi they were excellent, served hot and seasoned just right. We were too full for dessert but I am sure it would have been good too . Look forward to returning.

• Visited July 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Had a great time here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stopped in here because a girl told us the special was lobster and we had been looking for a good lobster deal. We sat outside and loved everything about the place. Relaxed atmosphere. The lobster was a great deal for Provincetown and it was excellent. We will definitely try it again this year.

• Visited August 2012