“I wouldn't stay there again”

Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed July 17, 2007

While this motel isn't bad, I didn't feel comfortable there and would not want to stay there again. The cooridors of the motel were decent but I didn't like our room. We did have a nice view of the water, however. The towels were the worst hotel towels I've ever used. They were very thin and hard. The pillows, comforter and blanket were very old, too. The lock on the door stuck and there was some rust on the ceiling of the bathroom. The bathroom was very small and had a tiny sink. The mirror above the sink was too high for me to be able to use it. There wasn't much of an area to put your toiletries. The luggage carts were old and rickety, too. The A/C unit did work but looked really old and it looked like it wouldn't work. The office doesn't stay open all night like most hotels and they didn't open until 9:00 am! Also, my husband uses a C-PAP machine and the outlet was so old that it was not 3 pronged. Luckily the office had an adapter that we were able to use. Luckily the office was still open at the time. The room did have a refrigerator and there was a good beach area. The breakfast buffet does not have skim milk and I had brought some instant oatmeal to have for breakfast but I discovered that the hot water they supplied wasn't very hot at all and it ruined my oatmeal. The motel does have a bar, but I don't think it stays open very late, although I'm not sure about that.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisat1
There are newer reviews for Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center

Reviewed July 9, 2007

We stayed here over the 4th of July after spending a few days in Falmouth,MA. We picked this hotel because of its location, pool and beach. The hotel was built in the 1930's?? and is a rustic/old beachside hotel however I think it is more like a motel because it is only two levels and some rooms are accessed by the outside, see photos on their website, looks just like the website. The oceanviews and salt marsh views are spectacular. The room was extremely clean, however they are not luxury accomodations, and the room was very basic, they did not supply shampoo in the bathroom, just soap and lotion. There were not any hairdryers, you have to go down to the front desk to get one and then they ask to you return it when you are finished drying your hair, kind of annoying. We did not have a room with an oceanview....I think our room was over the kitchen ....it was not worth the extra $50 a night to get an oceanview because we were only there 2 nights. All of the rooms looked exactly the same, one or two beds with outdated bedspreads ....if you are looking for fluffy beds with fluffy comforters and a big television and tons of amenities, this is not the place for you! The rooms did have tv's with a good array of cable stations. The pub/restaurant in the hotel had great food, the pool is big and clean and has lounge chairs, at 11am the music starts and the pool bar opens and you feel like you are in South Beach, and I mean South Beach in EVERY way...... The water in the pool is cold however people should not be suprised at this, it is Cape Cod and the Cape is not known for warm water anywhere! They make great drinks at the pool and the food is good. It rained on the 4th of July however, they had the pool bar open at night and we were able to stand under the awning and watch a spectacular display of fireworks over the ocean. The hotel also has a great walkway and private beach. I noticed that there were many families and people who seemed to stay here every year at the hotel. It appeared that most people went out and did activities during the day and came back at night. It is only about a 10 minute walk to the heart of commercial street, a great place to stay if you want to walk to restaurants, etc. The streets are very small and people are walking and riding bikes everywhere so it is challenging to drive. We parked our car in the parking lot and walked everywhere. The continental breakfast is better than most, they have coffee, juices, muffins, bagels, toast, and fruit. I have never stayed in this kind of hotel before and usually stay at newer properties or upscale Inns. Many of the people at the hotel really seemed to like it and seem to come back to stay each year. Our experience was just ok because we like a room with more amenities and fluffy beds. Please also note that we stayed in a room connected to the mainhouse, there are also rooms along the water and I think they allow dogs in these rooms. This hotel also reminded me of the Mount Washington Hotel in New Hampshire, it is of the same vintage. Most of the TripAdvisor reviews were pretty accurate so I was not that suprised when we got there but I would not stay here again because I'd rather be in a less rustic more luxurious hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 9, 2007

Four of us stayed in two rooms for three days the end of June.
Our rooms did not have a refrigerator (would have liked one).
The hotel is old, but we found it clean and comfortable enough.The negative for me was that there was no elevator.
There is a bus that goes into town run by the town for $1.00 every half hour. The room had a balcony and a view of the pool and the bay. They served a light breakfast every morning, fruit, juice, bagels, cereal etc which was fine.
Enjoyed the pool bar and grill. Family type atmosphere which suited us fine. I would go back.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2007

This place has a decent view and is next to the water. Its one of those places you often get in nice resorts. A old style glorified motel that would charge 50 bucks a night anywhere else but luckily for them they have a great location. Here you can pay up to 250 a night. The difference is it is on the bay, right on the water. Outside the room is a little beach area and the water is right there. You can sit on the 2 white plastic chairs on the tarmac outside your room and enjoy it. After that you have to go back inside to the dingy room that is semi-clean and sleep in the incredibly uncomfortable bed. All this while trying not to think about the stained sheets you are lying on. Its also a bit too far to walk to downtown area. It is near the beaches though.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank eohc2004
Reviewed April 24, 2007

I got married at the P-town Inn in July 2005 and could not have asked for a better experience. The location is wonderful and so were the people, the food and the service. Everyone went out of their way to make it a great day. We had stayed there twice before the wedding (once in the winter and once in the spring) and returned last summer for our 1st anniversary for a 3 day weekend and to our surprise got a discount on the room when we arrived. We plan to return this year again. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are simple but nice, the people are great, and the location can't get any better.

Reviewed September 11, 2006

I booked this hotel way in advance for a few nights getaway in July. My main concern was that it was handicapped accessible as one friend was in a wheelchair. "No Problem", they said. After a long trip on a very hot day, we arrived in our room only to find a very tiny bathroom with only a bar on the wall across from the commode and a doorway so narrow that the wheelchair would not fit through it!
When we complained at the front desk, we were told that no one had ever had a problem before (I doubt that). We were then offered another room that was basically the same, with only one large bed. (there were 4 of us). All they said was "Sorry, there's nothing we can do". If it weren't for the public bathroom in the hallway, I don't know what we would have done.
We spent one afternoon at the pool. I was going to order from the grill myself, but when a waiter came round', decided to give him our order, Big mistake. It took about 45 minutes and only after I went to the grill myself and complained, twice! On top of that. when we gave him a 20 dollar bill for our 17 dollar tab, he just pocketed the change! I had to laugh when my 80 year old mother in law yelled at him to give us our change back!
Another issue that I had was that there were lots of kids and families enjoying the pool , which was nice to see, so I was rather shocked when someone from the bar advised everyone that they would get a promotional gift for ordering Bacardi rum drinks and then actually challenged one side of the pool to outdrink the other.
I emailed the hotel after I returned home with my complaints and never received a response.

2  Thank katnip_ct
Reviewed July 30, 2006

We, Mom, Dad & daughter, just got back from a 10 night stay at the Provincetown Inn. This is a great old lady of a hotel! There is not a better water view in P-Town and it is at the very end of the Cape.
We picked the P-Town Inn after the hotel we used to stay at (the Tides Beachfront) was torn down to make 10 house lots. Bummer. We looked around and decided that for the money ($70.00 a night cheaper) we couldn't find a better deal.
We had a second floor, beach facing room that had a king bed and also a little bedroom in the back that had a twin bed which was perfect for our daughter.

OK - now the important stuff!!
- She is an old lady and has some wear lines to her. However, the staff was out everyday tending to her and she is a very clean hotel!
- The rooms have refrigerators (small, but handy), are clean and good sized.
- Yes, you are at the beach so there may be a bit of a musty smell if there has been a lot of rain or serious humidity. Deal with it!
- The views are absolutely spectacular. I included pics so take a look.
- There is an olympic sized pool with a bar and grill. It is NOT loud and is VERY kid friendly!
- There is also a beach that is very nice. Plus you are just a few miles from the National Seashore beaches which are also great.
- You are walking distance from almost everything in P-Town. This is handy if you have had a little too much gin and not enough tonic! Or if you just ate too much at any of the fine restaurants.
- If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, they don't exist in P-Town. If you want a good, clean room with a good bed, great view and location this is it!!

Would we stay again? Absolutely!! We will be there next year for 10 nights or longer!

7  Thank Beachhunters