“Horrible Property”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Provincetown
Los Angeles, CA.
“Horrible Property”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2004

My partner and I stayed at the Provincetown Inn July 7-9. What a terrible hotel! I didn't have high expectations, and it was a good thing. The room was dirty, torn carpets and drapes. The beds were very uncomfortable. The staff was not trained well and the service was poor. We couldn't wait to get out of this place. We would not stay here again. I would not recommend it even if you get a good rate.

5 Thank TravellerTo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Hebrew first
West Midlands UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2004

An excellent location - away from the crowds, but easily accessible to the town centre using the frequent $1 shuttle-bus. Rooms are adequate, but reminded me of the Bates Motel, and it's hardly cheap - but then again in Provincetown you're paying a premium wherever you stay.

7 Thank JohnEverson
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2004

We booked a budget room in the original inn. I could not believe how run down the place was. They are doing some work but the original inn (rooms with lower prices) we refused to stay in. I would have walked out without a refund, but we were able upgrade for a fee to one of the rooms on the ocean view wings. Nothing fancy but good view. Even though the room we stayed in had been recently fixed up, the mirror was old, the molding and paint jobs were 3rd rate. Okay for off season rates but would never stay with the summer rates. And would not recommend the original inn rooms/non ocean view under any circumstance. Peeling wallpaper in hallways, stained rugs, view looking over ugly roof.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Provincetown hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2003

When I arrived at registration, I got behind a couple talking to the person at the desk and patiently waited my turn. The couple in front of me were taking awhile, and another woman queued behind me. When the couple finally finished, I moved up to the window to check-in, but the man behind the desk ignored me and instead waited on the woman behind me. Since all of us were about the same age (around 50) and all included females, I concluded that I was being ignored because I was a person of color. In contrast to the man who ignored me, the man who finally did register me was very nice and the accomodations were okay.
Bottom line: okay place if you are white, but not if you are of color.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
Sandcastle Resort
Sandcastle Resort
#13 of 14 in Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center

Property: Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center
Address: 1 Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657-1909
Location: United States > Massachusetts > Cape Cod > Provincetown
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Provincetown
Hotel Class:2 star — Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Provincetown Inn Hotel Provincetown