Here I sit in landlocked Central Pennsylvania. Our town, Lewisburg, is beautiful. But I am dreaming about last week when we visited the Masthead Resort in Provincetown. It rained a bit...but that didn't stop us from having a wonderful time at the Masthead. It did not rain all the time so we enjoyed the 450 feet of beach...good for swimming or for watching the tide come in and go out. Then there are the deck chairs....and the view of the harbor. I can see three of Cape Cod's lighthouses from the Masthead. And the full moon shimmering on the water. The Masthead's friendly and helpful staff..(Hi Wendy and Steve) And it is always wonderful to see John and Valerie once again. (Our first trip to the Masthead was in 1979......and we come back annually)
If you belong to the AAA, look at your 2012-2013 copy of the Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island map. The cover page is the Masthead....deck chairs and umbrellas and all.
The accommodations: Clean, comfortable. The Masthead is a traditional resort. Sure they offer free wi-fi.....but if you are looking for glitz and pizzazz.....you may be disappointed. But if you are looking for a comfortable, scenic, bayside and simply enjoyable time for couples and/or families, I rate the Masthead at the top of my list. I ought to know, our family has been coming since 1979. Why go any other place when you've found the place that meets your vacation needs: Comfortable, clean, short walking distance to downtown, beach, history (on foggy mornings you just might catch a glimpse of the Mayflower and the Pilgrims........I'm kidding). Try the Masthead. You'll return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Masthead offers distinctive accommodations in an authentic Cape Cod setting. 450 Foot Private Beach. Sun Deck On The Water, Boardwalk, Spacious Lawns, Beautifully Landscaped Grounds, Comfortable Lounging Chairs, Central Heat, Within walking distance of fine restaurants, coffee shops and center of Town. The restful beauty and quiet of our grounds and lovely gardens bordering the boardwalk and sundeck provide a favorite rendezvous for guests who lounge and enjoy the beautiful vista of Provincetown Bay and miles of ever-changing Cape scenery. The Bay is a haven for sailing and water-skiing. Golf & tennis are nearby. Art classes and Art galleries are only minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Masthead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masthead Hotel Provincetown
- Masthead Motel Provincetown