“Awesome 4th of July at Harbor Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Provincetown
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Awesome 4th of July at Harbor Hotel”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We, 2 adults and 1 child, stayed at Harbor Hotel on the 4th of July! We decided the next day to stay another night because we thought the location, and the Hotel were awesome. The pool area was great, with a bar and grill poolside. Across the street is the ocean with a private beach area.
Huge parking area. Bus stop right in front of hotel going to town center or drive 2 minutes to the center and park on the wharf. Look, if you want to get away I recommend checking this place out. If I had to complain about one thing, it would be their washers/dryers work overtime and they may benefit from a new system. When I went looking for someone to get extra towels for our room, she was extremely kind and apologetic for their machines not keeping up. Like I said, Look, if you want to get away--you overlook the small stuff. You're there to sleep--which the bed was more comfortable then mine at home...and wash--which the bathroom was clean. The AC worked w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l :-) The weekend of the 4th was in the 90's. Long review but I wanted it to be real. Get away. Go here. Have fun.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean side, but if not available we had 1st floor access from the parking lot and we enjoyed...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HappyCustomer311
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your visit so much that you stayed an extra night! We love knowing that guests of all ages had a great time taking advantage of the many things we have to offer. It is our pleasure to keep you comfortable no matter what the weather brings and we hope you’ll come visit the Harbor Hotel Provincetown again soon! Thank you very much for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Philadelphia, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Traveled back to my hometown to celebrate the 4th of July. Hadn't been home for the holiday in years. Was really excited. Amazed at all the changes. Loved the Harbor Hotel. The people were so friendly. Whenever you passed a worker they smiled and greeted you. The bartender and restaurant staff were very friendly and provided great service. Enjoyed lunch in the cabana by poolside along with amazing drinks. The restaurant has a great menu to choose from with reasonable prices. The presentation of food is beautiful but the taste is amazing. My husbands best friend is Mexican and his grandma always made homemade tortillas and other food and even he was quite impressed with the quesadillas. Best we have ever had! The highlight of our visit was sitting outside in the Adirondack chairs at the fire pit watching the fireworks while eating great food and drinking with family. Can't wait to go back! Thanks for making our visit fabulous! The only thing better was our family that we got to visit. Nothing can top them but you come in second to them. Highly recommend the Harbor Hotel!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann G
The fact that you’re originally from the area and we exceeded your expectations is an amazing thing for us to hear! Our outdoor fire pit is a favorite among guests and we’ll be sure to share your comments with our restaurant staff. Your kind words and recommendation are greatly appreciated by us and we’re looking forward to seeing you at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown again!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Harbor Hotel for the 2nd time in the last month this past weekend. The location directly across the street from the beach was amazing. We walked into the center of Provincetown from the hotel which was beautiful and only took us about 20 minutes or so. The room over looking the ocean was nicely renovated ( except for the bathroom which was dated but still very clean ). The pool area with a little bar and BBQ was a great touch. We were checked in and out by Michael who was friendly, attentive and just seemed to love his job. The benefit of this hotel was that it was much less expensive then the hotels in the center of Provincetown ( about a mile away ) and without the attitude. Made for a nice weekend getway and we will be back !

Room Tip: Take the beautiful walk into Provincetown down Commercial Street from this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan L
We’re glad that our prime location near the beach and close proximity to the center of town really added to your trip! It’s wonderful to hear from a guest that our staff members are passionate about what they do and we’ll definitely share your comments with the person you specifically mentioned. Thank you for your review and for staying with us twice this month! We hope that you’ll continue to return to the Harbor Hotel Provincetown.
Paramus, NJ
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here in Harbor Hotel Provincetown with my husband and another couple... I am not the type of person who leave bad comments about a place/vacation spot because I am very easy going and easy to please... There's good and bad about my stay here in Provincetown, so let me start with the BAD so we can end this review on a good note... BAD= well the service was HORRIBLE! The day before we arrived, I called to confirm our reservations, we booked it through hotels.com and somehow they couldn't find our reservations and because we booked through a "3rd party" they were giving me a hard time... I booked 2 nights but I booked it separately due to the fact that we were only going to stay there for one night but decided to just stay there the whole weekend so I had to rebooked a room... The bad part was I was asking them to put our room next to our friends room because it was one of our friends birthday and they said they already assign a room for us next to each other (this is after 30 mins explaining to them what happened and they couldn't find the room... Blah blah blah...) the next day we arrived there around 5ish driving from NJ it's about 5 hours away, we were exhausted and just really needed to relax a little bit before heading to town... We get there, AGAIN they couldn't find our reservations, and because we booked through the "3rd party" they couldn't find it, finally they found our room but then they wanted us to check out the next day and check in again which doesn't make sense specially if we want to go around town on our little time over there... After having a deep conversation with the manager they finally told us that before leaving to town the next day just let them know to checkout and checkin again some sort like that... Ok I'm over with the whole thing but when we went to the room they gave us a room from opposite way of each other, not next nor near each other, so we called front desk and they said to come down so they can give us a key to a room next to each other, so we did but ending up STILL not next to each other... I also heard the front desk before hanging up the phone made a comment "this is ridiculous", it is not my fault that i asked them to give me a room next to each other and they didn't... Finally my husband saw I was getting irritated (which is rare) so he ended up talking to them and get a room right next to each other and they were still mean about it... First time EVER as a traveller and I've travelled about 14 countries, 15 states, maybe more than 50 hotels and I NEVER had any problem like this... I have booked a room different times extending vacation and never had problem like this... The GOOD thing about our stay was the overall experience in Provincetown... We love the town, the food, the things you can do... We went off roading, saw couple of light house, eat sooooo much lobster, went to the beach, saw zeals... The hotel well was Ok, the room is regular, it's clean enough and has funky sinks, the bathroom was regular, I do love the colorful doors, the website makes the place look soooo nice but its really not all that... its very motel style hotel if that even make sense... Overall mini vacation was great, probably will not stay in this hotel again if I ever come back and whoever from my friends and family who wants to see Provincetown I won't recommend this hotel at all... The service was horrible and really I'm not very hard to please I guess that they just really pushed my button...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Angel12Sweet25
HarborHotel, Managing Partner at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am the Managing Partner for the Harbor Hotel Provincetown, and I am deeply unhappy about your experience at our hotel. I know that our General Manager already posted a response to your Trip Advisor review, but I am concerned enough, not knowing how to reach you directly, to want to add to our response. I have spoken with every associate that I can identify who was somehow involved with your stay and with the circumstances that caused you unhappiness. I genuinely believe our team tried to make things right for you, but clearly we did not succeed. We are better than your experience would suggest, and I could not be more unhappy that you left us dissatisfied. Please let us know how we might make this right for you.

Gary Avigne

Managing Partner

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for a one week stay with the hopes of having an incredible experience since the cost of the stay was over $1500. Upon check in the staff was very friendly and I proceeded to room 419 located in the back of the hotel. Upon entry into 419 I was unimpressed as the room didn't appear to be updated as the website pictures led me to believe. The smell of the room was stale and damp. During my regular inspection for bedbugs (which none were found) I discovered bubble gum and what appeared to be a blood stain on the carpet near the balcony door. I could have got over that except for when I turned around and looked at the bed skirt there was an even bigger blood stain. The bed sheets were also dirt stained. I went back to the front desk and told them about my experience and showed them pictures I had taken of the discrepancies. They were as horrified as I was but when it came to moving me somewhere else they had nothing available. What a major issue this was for me since I was driving from out of state. I ended up finding a last minute cottage in Wellfleet that was clean (no bloodstains) and $1000 less expensive. This cottage earned my business and Harbor View just lost what would have been a guaranteed yearly customer.

Room Tip: Ask for photos of the room you will be staying in. Since you will spend a lot of money here the hote...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Timothy H
Dear Harbor Hotel Guest,

I am the Managing Partner for the Harbor Hotel Provincetown, and I was stunned to read this review. I am humbly sorry for your experience. I know our General Manager already posted a response, but I am so upset that I also want to respond. There is simply no reasonable or acceptable explanation for your experience. I am additionally upset that when you informed us of your concerns and observations, we did not satisfy you and make things right. We are better than this, day in and day out for thousands of guests. This is a total failure for which I apologize on behalf of our entire hotel staff.

Gary Avigne

Managing Partner

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We rented two rooms for the Portuguese Festival this weekend. We usually stayed at another establishment over the years that is pet friendly. We decided to make a change this year closer to town and with a pool.

We found the rooms to be wonderful and super clean. There was plenty of dresser and closet space, along with convenient hooks to hang coats, towels and dog leashes. The beds were comfortable with pleasant linens. The rooms had modern televisions and plenty of channels to entertain the children and adults. The pool area looked clean and safe for children. We were unable to swim and play in the pool due to weather. The continental breakfast was convenient and the coffee is ready early in the morning. The rooms have a k-cup machine which I did not use not to wake the sleepy heads.

The front desk and housekeeping were always pleasant and professional. Peter each time we entered the lobby would greet us and re-greet us every time and always ask if we needed anything. He meant it. While I sat in by the front desk waiting for family to come to the lobby you could not help to hear him give ideas to guests, directions, advice,etc. to guests. He is a great ambassador for the hotel, Provincetown and Truro.

We will be back again this summer and appears hopefully for many years to come.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert B
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We’re always thrilled to welcome regular Provincetown visitors to our hotel and we thank you for sharing exactly how the Harbor Hotel Provincetown made your stay enjoyable. We hope you fully enjoyed yourself at the Portuguese Festival and we sincerely appreciate the kind words you shared for our staff and facilities. Our staff strives to provide the most enjoyable experience for all our guests, and it seems we met that goal with you. We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay very soon and we thank you for your review.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I'm actually still in the hotel room as I write this. My fiancé, 4 month old and friend stayed here for the night . From the outside the place looks a little dumpy but when you walk in everything has been re done! The man who greeted us was so sweet and the bar tender was a riot! I LOVED the band that played last night I felt like I was in a time warp! The hotel is close enough to walk into town , and the location was very safe! We will definitely be back :) Layla says thanks for the good time P town!!

• Stayed June 2013
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We’re so pleased that your recent enjoyable experience at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown prompted you to write a review before you even left! It was our pleasure to create a memorable stay for you and your guests and we’re very happy that our convenient location and dedicated staff added such enjoyment to your stay. We hope you can stay with us longer in the future and we look forward to greeting you very soon! Thank you for your great review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Surfside Hotel & Suites
Brass Key Guesthouse
Brass Key Guesthouse
#7 of 14 in Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Harbor Hotel Provincetown? Share your experiences!