Harbor Hotel Provincetown
Surfside Hotel & Suites(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$189
$149
Cape Colony Inn(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$109
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$269
The Seaglass Inn & Spa(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$160
Masthead Resort(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$101
$98
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$219
$175
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Brass Key Guesthouse(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$320
Awol(Provincetown)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
1,136 results
All reviewsfire pitcabana barbay view roomevery half hourp townholiday innshuttle buslow tidepool sideclean roomsnice poolcape cod bayoff seasonwalk into towncontinental breakfastcommercial streetcan't wait to go back
Reviewed September 23, 2012

As always, our stay was perfect!
Everyone we came in contact with at the hotel was very friendly and accommedating!
We would especially like to thank Peter at the front desk who went "over and above" to help make our stay such a great one!! Thank you, Peter!
The room was beautiful, and clean! Nicely decorated as well.
Thank you Harbor Hotel for helping to make our vacation so enjoyable!
Rick Wood and Tom

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard w
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind acknowledgement of our staff! It is always our priority to show each guest how important they are to us and to ensure a seamless experience. Hearing from our loyal return guests is a special treat and we appreciate you letting us know how much you enjoyed your vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back year after year and we thank you for your kind review of the Harbor Hotel Provincetown.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Though I am a "family" traveler, the weekend trip to the Harbor Hotel in Provincetown was a couples/friends get together. One of the reasons we chose the Harbor is that two of us planned to bring our dogs.
We arrived late on Friday after a long drive. When we went to check in, I was admonished to remove my dogs from the lobby. How can I check in if I must leave with the dogs. I didn't understand, I thought pets were welcome. I was told there was a fear for guest with allergies (there was no one in the lobby at 12:30 am when we arrived). WHy would someone with pet allergies stay at a pet friendly hotel and if they did, wouldn't they expect to run into pets?
Most frustrating is that we coudl have been checked in in half the time it took him to aruge with me. I presented my credit card immediately (one night deposit taken as per the hotel policy), and signed. Very quick.
Even though it was after Labor Day our rate was $269/night for what was supposed to be a nicer room. The room was very clean, and my first though was "just needs a facelift" I found out later it had just gotten a facelift since it was a former Holiday Inn. The sink and shower head looked new. The TV did not work (no volume). We were too tired to call that night, but had it fixed promptly the next morning.
There were coffee packets, but no coffee maker in the room. Coffee was regularly available in the lobby at all hours though. If you didnt' have someone else to take your dog, you would have to tie the dog up to get the coffee though (my dogs are active and big, so I don't tie them up on their own).
The beds were comfortable and better than other 3 stars, though a far cry from a marriott cozy sleeper, for instance. The a/c worked fine and was not painfully noisy as some can be, was a 'white noise'.
We were further dissapointed by the fact that we could not take the dogs with us near the fire pit lounges. We were told it is a food service area, but it did not seem any different than other benches outside - no one came to serve food there. (That is the reason they claim the dogs were prohibitied). We found out in town, that the law does allows dogs in food service areas, if you have a permit. Harbor Hotel obviously does not (hence dog tolerant, not dog friendly)

Our room was never made up the following day. We left about 10:30 am and returned 4:30 pm. We never used the do not distrub sign, so do not know why this happened. We were told it woudl be looked into, but not sure how that will help us now. I happened to hear someone else complain when I checked out that their room did not get their towels picked up or the coffee refreshed (I guess theirs had a maker).
The breakfast was free and not much to choose from. Fruit, yogurt, bages.toast, english muffins, pastry. This may be typical for the area as opposed to what you get at a Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn.
The hotel was near a beach, which was not terribly nice, was empty, and not really sure what it woudl be like in season. WE preferred to stay a bit away from the bustle of COmmerical Street though it was obviously truly dog FRIENDLY at the hotels and restaurants, were we found many places to enjoy a nice meal outdoors with our dogs (even gave us a dog bowl of water and treats).
The pools was a decent size and the patio was cozy, though the pool bar we were lookng forward to closed very early on a Saturday (by 5:00). We were able to get drinks from the bar inside. My husband stayed in the room with the dogs because - no dogs allowed by the pool area. The wine came in a twist off bottle and tasted like it. On a bright note the bartender (Elizabeth?) was great and the mixed drinks we switched to were very good.
Not sure if I would stay there again as they seemed to reluntantly welcome your pet (other dog friendly places range from water bowls, treats and clean up bags at the Days Inn to offer of doggie beds at some Kimptons)

Room Tip: Pet floors are first floor, but I was told second floor is nicer. Faced the bay was nice, but not sure worth the extra money when you are 1-2 stories high.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank familytraveler11
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

The level of unhappiness you convey is of deep concern to us, and I am sorry we did not seem to have any knowledge of this during your stay. I spend more than half of my time interacting with our guests, and almost more than anything else I enjoy making an unhappy guest happy. Your insight is important to me and my team as it allows us to work towards improving the experience based on the most important perspective – our guests. If there is anything that we could have done to make you’re your stay more positive, I hope you’ll take a moment and let us know. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We called on Wednesday for a room on Thursday and Friday night along with our 23' boat/trailer. My husband and I had done the same thing when it was the Cape Inn. We had a good stay then and this stay in the renovated Harbor Hotel was even better. The new rooms are fresh and clean. We especially liked the flooring, no more carpet. Again we enjoyed the pool and cabana bar along with the live music. The fire pit is a nice addition along with the bar service. We had a snack of steak fajitas and they were very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A big thank you to Peter at the front desk for his dinner( 9 Ryder) and breakfast(Edwige) recommendations. We were looking for new places to eat as we have been coming to Provincetown for the last 6 years for a week in July and these are great places to dine. When we were leaving they were setting up for a pig roast later on, sounded interesting. It was a wonderful way to spend this teacher's last weekend before going back to school. We definitely will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

We're thrilled to welcome any former guests of the Cape Inn and hope that our efforts to make the Harbor Hotel Provincetown a welcome retreat continue to impress. It makes us very happy to learn that you and your husband were able to fully enjoy yourselves and relax a little while here, especially with busy school year just around the corner. Thank you for commenting on our floors, as we find not having carpeting makes for the most efficient way of keeping the rooms clean. We look forward to next July when we hope to have the chance to welcome you back. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is an old motel with new lipstick.
Food was pretty good.
Service (except for Paul at the front desk) was terrible. Mixed drinks were overpriced at $10 and badly made. The hotel mgr was heard joking about the swarm of fruit flies at the pool bar. Gross!
We had a 3 night stay. It appears that there are a number if people who are "in residence" on some sort of voucher program.
The pool was an attraction for us but it was a disappointment. It is open to the locals and it shows. It is not clean. And the talk among the many locals at the pool centered on who was high or had pills that day. A day care was using it on two of the days we were there and we didn't see any if the children leave the pool area in four hours. The pool rules are openly disregarded and calls to the front desk to complain about unruly unsupervised children splashing paying guests laying in the sun were pretty much ignored. ( the girl from the front desk came to the pool and sat with some locals for a half hour. Another employee came to the pool and asked an obvious local if there was a problem and then left.)
The accent tables by the pool are black with mildew and spilled drinks. The waitress was inattentive and slow.
There was a used condom on the patio outside our room. I could go on....
There are so many nicer places to stay in Ptownfor the money ( $800.00)

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank CatherineCCatherine

It is with great concern that we read your review, particularly so in that we work very hard to ensure that our hotel is a welcome retreat for visitors and locals alike. To learn that the service you received was not representative of the high quality of standards we strive to provide, along with the inconveniences you encountered is very disappointing. We thank you for reaching out to us, as comments from our guest's perspective help us to continue to improve the experience for all. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Myself and a friend stayed in the Harbor Hotel very recently for three nights, as part of a longer holiday travelling around MA. We absolutely loved Provincetown, and as we booked quite late (and it was Labor Day weekend) we thought we got a deal with the hotel being relatively close (12 mins walking distance) to the town and overlooking the sea. Nevertheless, we were placed in a room at the back of the hotel (overlooking a car park) - the dated part. It was very badly ventilated, and the carpets were filthy, with areas that were constantly sodden from water leaking in from the bathroom. The bathroom itself was dated, and having had a shower one after the other began to flood with at least 1.5 mm of water. We had to clear this up ourselves with the small towels they provide you.

The problems however didn't stop in the hotel room. Although the communal facilities the hotel provide are really good (lots of seating, swimming pool, free wifi etc.) - including the free bikes (which had no breaks!!) the customer service was pretty shabby. We only encountered one nice receptionist, who helpfully showed us where we could go on one of the wetter days we were there. The others were very unhelpful, and at times rude. We were told upon going for breakfast (at 10.30 - advertised until 11) that it was closing at 10 that day, without any explanation or apology or advice on an alternative place nearby to get breakfast. The breakfast itself (when we did make it on the other days before 11 was pretty shabby - served on paper plates with plastic cutlery).

Overall, if you're looking for a cheap stay in Provincetown and don't mind the quality of the hotel then this is your place. Otherwise, I would definitely advise you look elsewhere and don't go near this place with a bargepole.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lillywr

While it seems you were able to enjoy many of the wonderful amenities our hotel offers, such as our outdoor pool and complimentary Wi-Fi, we are truly disappointed that the remainder of your stay did not fully impress you. Thank you for alerting us to the issue with one of our complimentary bikes and we will have the breaks checked immediately. It is always our goal to create a pleasant and comfortable stay for all of our guests, and it seems we missed many opportunities to do that during your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies and our hope that we can welcome you back to regain your trust in us in the future.