“Comfortable, Clean, New Look and GREAT OCEAN VIEWS!”

Harbor Hotel Provincetown
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
41 chase ave
“Comfortable, Clean, New Look and GREAT OCEAN VIEWS!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My family stayed in a suite with and view of Cape Cod Bay in early July of 2011. We knew the property had been recently renovated and wanted to try it out. The outside of the building betrays the interior decor and conveniences. We had a suite with a living room and sleeper couch for our son while the master bedroom had a king. Both rooms were well equipped with full baths, fridge, microwave, LCD TV and lots of space. Colors and decor give you a Miami beach feel. The bathrooms were clean but not redone to the extent the rest of the rooms were.
The pool and pool bar were convenient for a distraction before we walked into town. The continental breakfast was a nice touch off the lobby and plenty of room to spread out. Staff was efficient at all times.
Great place to stay for a reasonable price and for those not into B&B's (there are a lot of them intown) or being right in town. Simple to walk or bike in and when looking for quiet stay right where we are.
Try it and see.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
News travels fast! Our recent transformation has definitely become a bright topic of conversation among our guests. We hope you took advantage of our free bike rental for your venture into town and had a chance to enjoy the large selection of attractions that the Provincetown area has to offer. Thank you for sharing your appreciation of the beautiful views offered by the Cape Cod Seashore. When you are ready for more rest and relaxation, please come and stay with us at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I had no idea what to expect and was blown away to blissdom by the Harbor Hotel's welcoming vibe located across the street from a quiet beach. The staff couldn't be more pleasant, and the design of the lobby/library/game room/dining area is open and airy, and conducive to meeting others or staying to yourself. I loved the art deco turquoise and green theme throughout the lobby and rooms.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 107 with a view of the beach. Really enjoyed.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DonnaGoesOut
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
We had to smile when we read that we blew you away to 'blissdom' with our newly renovated hotel and attentive staff! We have worked diligently adding details that would lend a relaxed home-away-from-home feel at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown. Should your travel plans bring you back to Provincetown, it would be our great pleasure to welcome as a guest at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown.
miami
Reviewed July 19, 2011

If you want a taste of modern in a very traditional town this is the place to stay. The style of the hotel was very MiMo (Miami Modern) with colorful furnishings and a vibe that takes you to the late 50s and early 60s. The hotel has been completely remodeled and the rooms are very spacious, bright, and comfortable. I loved it. The ambient lighting in the room was equally fun and hip. The food and staff service at the pool bar and hotel was fantastic. Not to mention the food being very yummy. We loved the fire pit for our evenings. You can order a bottle of wine from the hotel and they bring it out to you. The view of the ocean is also just fantastic. Being from Miami this is my hotel of choice. Yes it is 1.6 miles from town but a convenient shuttle is available for $2 into town. Or you can opt for a cab or a bike taxi if you are daring (loads of fun!). Only downfall was it took the staff awhile to make up the room and on our last night they forgot the wash cloths. Crowd was mixed with gays and straights and everyone was just wonderful. See you at Halloween Harbor Hotel!

Room Tip: request a room facing the ocean
1 Thank robertfrommiami
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We absolutely enjoy hearing from our guests and learning that their stay at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown was enjoyable. We let housekeeping know the importance of attending to rooms in a timely manner and to resupply with the necessary amenities, thanks for letting us know.

Our fire pit has become a favorite with our guests and we're so glad that you enjoyed it also. Start getting your costume ready now. The Parade of Costumes on Saturday night, Halloween weekend, is sure to be the highlight of the weekend. We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Harbor Hotel Provincetown.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This place is great. The staff is fantastic and the hotel is newly refurbished with a Miami-style twist. It's a bit outside of Provincetown, but an easy 20 minute walk and there's convenient shuttle service for only $2. The distance from town is a plus because the property is right across the street from the harbor and mornings are just beautiful. The food is great and at night the fire pit creates the stage for the hotel's becoming a community of guests versus just a hotel. Downside.... if you are gay and looking for an exclusively gay experience, this is not it. However, if you are gay and forward-facing to an integrated world, this is the place to be. Very diverse crowd here with many Europeans. Housekeeper shorted us towels and wash cloths on the last day, but that's the only thing we could find wrong with the place. Loved it and will definitely return. Very comfy beds, too.

1 Thank ckr3214
We’re so glad you found us! Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We’re happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown from morning to night, but apologize for the shortage of towels on your last day here. We will address this with our Housekeeping staff. Thank you for mentioning the diversity of guests that our hotel caters to. We look forward to your return visit.
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I was at the fire pit one night when a women arrived in a wheel chair I felt bad because she couldn't get her chair close to the fire with her family the stone was to soft for her electric chair perhaps a concrete walk or SOMETHING a little harder that a wheel chair can drive on I enjoyed the hotel and it's perfect location it also didn't hurt that the weather was great.thanks for a great stay

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bigfella617
Thank you for your feedback and your suggestions about the area surrounding the fire pit.
We take your comment seriously enough that we have already engaged our landscape architect to draw plans to construct an attractive yet functional ramp to the fire pit so that it can be conveniently enjoyed by all. We’re so glad to see you enjoyed your stay at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown. Come back and visit us again.
New Jersey
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I was hesitant about staying in this hotel because I always rented an efficiency in North Truro. I had passed this hotel many times on my way into Provincetown when it was the former Cape Inn. We decided to take a gamble and this was the jackpot. The rooms were newly furnished and immaculate. The beds were very very comfortable. The air conditioner is a must for us; don't believe people when they tell you that you don't need an air conditioner when staying near the water. You do, and this one was wonderful. Flat screen TV was excellent. The one thing we got which we didn't expect was the free breakfast buffet which was delicious and saved us the cost of going out to breakfast each day. The views of P'town harbor were wonderful. We were there for July 4th and the parade lines up right outside of the hotel so we didn't have to fight crowds to go into town to see it. A nice feature was the fire pit outside which gave it a special touch. Also the pool was wonderful. The prices were fair and we definitely will return. My only concern was individuals shooting off fireworks on the beach themselves the night of July 4 and some of them landed near the parking lot. Nothing to do with the hotel though. Just thoughtless vacationers playing with fire! All in all I would say " Nice job, Harbor Hotel, really nice job!!!!"

Room Tip: Due to arthritis, I requested a ground floor room and got one. The room was immaculate, clean and c...
1 Thank BethNewJersey
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
We were delighted to accommodate your needs at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown. It sounds like you had the opportunity to enjoy a variety of things throughout our hotel, including a prime spot for the 4th of July parade. Thank you for your gracious review and wonderful compliments of our hotel. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2011

So I called the hotel a week ahead of time to check their pet-policy. I was told that dogs are not allowed anywhere in the hotel except in the rooms. Not only that, but they were, at no time allowed to be left alone in the room. I explained to the hotel clerk that in 90 degree weather I would not be leaving my dogs in the car and the whole reason I was booking a hotel that was "pet-friendly" was so that they could be comfortable and safe in an air conditioned hotel room for the couple of hours or so that I would be out. She put me on hold to ask her manager. When she came back I was told that as long as I left my cell phone and came back after two-three hours it would be okay.
When I checked in (the room was not ready for an hour) I was told that dogs could not, under any circumstances be allowed to stay in the room without me. I explained that I had called earlier and was told differently. Finally they agreed that "if I had to leave for an hour or so for dinner I could leave the dogs alone, but no more than that." As I had already paid for the room I decided to stay the one night and never return. They put me on the ground floor with people making a huge amount of noise in the hallway (which makes dogs bark) and on the other side of the room was a huge sliding glass door with people walking by (which also make dogs bark). The room smelled dirty and I just decided to leave.
They were nice enough to refund the whole amount, but with all the attitude I had to put up with it was the least they could do.
HOTELS - IF YOU DON'T WANT DOGS TO STAY DO NOT PUT "PET FRIENDLY". Just say we want your money and if you must bring your dog, well fine, but we won't like it.
Dirty hotel, disgusting grounds. Will never come back.

Room Tip: Stay in Cape Cod, at the Inn at Swan River. Pet friendly - really.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank dog_friendly60763
Thank you for your feedback. While we do allow pets, we do have some restrictions on this policy in order to maintain the safety of our guests and the animals themselves. It is unfortunate that our hotel did not meet your expectations as we strive to make sure each guest’s experience is outstanding. We will certainly have our housekeeping staff check into the points you’ve brought up and ensure that our grounds are kept up to our strict standards. Thank you for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Surfside Hotel & Suites
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
#1 of 15 in Provincetown

Been to Harbor Hotel Provincetown? Share your experiences!