“Loved CrownePointe/Great Stay”

Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I just wanted to write and commend the owners and staff of the CrownePointe about the wonderful stay I had at their inn this past week. This was my second stay at their inn, with my first stay being 2 years ago in July also.

Although I have never stayed anywhere else in Provincetown, I feel that CrownePointe inn is probably the best one there. I had spoken with another return guest and he mentioned he stayed at another place or two, but felt your place was the best. When I had been planning my 2003 vacation, another inn I had considered was the Brass Key which also looks like a good place to stay. However, when I had looked at their web site, I saw that they only offered a continental breakfast. And what sets CrownePointe inn apart from the rest if that you offer a hot breakfast each day, which is what I prefer to have. I had just looked at the Brass Key web site again and see no mention of any kind of breakfast at all.

This brings me to another selling point about CrownePointe inn. This is the fact that CrownePointe's web site is very well done! They offer a lot of information about amenities, room types with virtual tours of some of the rooms, different services they offer, etc., and the web site has a more professional look to it. The web site for the Brass Key inn looks like it was done by an amateur and doesn't even come close to the CrownePointe. Because CrownePinte's web site is very well done, it makes the guest really feel like they know what they are getting. And I feel like I got what was offered on both of my stays with them.

Also, the grounds were very well maintained and the plants/foliage were well taken care of as I saw an employee watering everything each day.

Thanks again for the great job and keep up the good work! I look forward to my next stay with you!

7  Thank KDB6151
There are newer reviews for Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa

Albany, NY
Reviewed July 13, 2005

Just returned from the Crowne Pointe. Hubby and I splurged on the pamper me twice package for our anniversary. Upon our arrival we were told we were upgraded to the pamper me 3x room at no additional cost, which was a nice surprise! Pamper me 3x room is very well appointed. We enjoyed a king sized bed, whirlpool tub and fireplace, although being July there was not a chance to use it. Furnishings and Decor were attractive, although the carpeting was in need of update. I wore my flip flops around in the room constantly because the brown shag carpet felt dirty underfoot. The rest of the place:bathroom, linens etc... was very clean. You can tell the owners take great pride in this establishment. It was very well kept. Grounds are beautiful. breakfast was superb. The Staff were friendly, yet very refined and professional. All in all, we enjoyed our stay. It was our first visit to P-town. We just expected a little bit more, for such an expensive price. We would stay here again though, but only if we are treating ourselves for say an anniversary or Romantic getaway.

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Annandale, VA
Reviewed July 5, 2005

Four days at Crowne Pointe Inn was a delightful experience. The informal laid back atmosphere is a perfect counterpoint to informal, yet more hectic, Commercial Street. The spa treatments are terrific. Crowne Pointe is understated. Each staff person (both at the Inn and at the spa) went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves in an attentive yet quiet way. The breakfasts standout, again in the understated Crowne Pointe way. Enough of a selection not to be boring, yet not too much as to be overwhelming. And of course, delicious. The blueberry sour cream loaf t was a favorite. The owners and staff pay attention to the smallest of details in a way that is becoming less and less common. There were a few glitches in our visit and for these Crown Pointe gets even more accolades. Each was rectified quickly and satisfactorily. Crowne Pointe is a blast!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2005

This is a fantastic hotel/guest house. We booked here for our first visit to Cape Cod and were very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a Junior Suite (The Presidential Suite) which was super - lots of space, big comfy bed, nice bathroom with a spa bath. Given that this is more of a guest house than a big hotel, the facilities are great - nice little pool with deck chairs; a couple of hot tubs; tea, coffee and cakes available all day, and even a nice bar. The cheese and wine at 5pm every day is nothing flashy but is a nice touch. The Spa is excellent and a wonderful place to chill out and relax - be aware though, treatments come at a price, particulary after taxes and an 18% tip. The restaurant is fairly good, the food is excellent though the atmosphere lacks a little (but then I'm not too fond of the breakfast room conversion to restaurant thing). There are however plenty of very fine restaurants in Provincetown so this is hardly an issue. In all we had a great stay at a very reasonable price. Only bizarre thing (which will be mildly annoying to anybody with a preference for a particular style of eggs) is that only one typeof breakfast egg is available each day and you will not be allowed fried eggs on a scrambled eggs day!

4  Thank Greg_London
NK, RI
Reviewed June 26, 2005

My husband and I had a wonderful anniversary weekend at the Crowne Pointe. The staff was great, the resort was beautiful, and allowed us to enjoy complete relaxation. It truely was the perfect weekend getaway!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2005

We started our trip in P-Town and were spoiled from the minute we stepped in to Crowne Pointe. The location is perfect in relation to Commerical St. and the service was fantastic. I loved having breakfast in the Atrium and the late night dip in the hot tub. I adored the cheese & wine during the evening. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 22, 2005

I went with my boyfriend for a "tuesday getaway" to Crowne Pointe - we loved it. The room/hotel/spa were absolutely immaculate. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful...our room was even ready an hour early. We stayed in a Jr. Suite with an enormous bathtub/whirlpool, which was more than large enough for two people. If you like taking baths, go with the Jr. Suite. The bed was very comfortable and so high off the ground, it had its own mini-staircase.

The spa was wonderful (I would recommend the hot stone massage). It also had a large mineral soaking tub/eucalyptus steam room/ sauna with unlimited orange-flavored water and salt scrub. The spa had a very relaxing atmosphere with many lounge chairs and an outdoor lounge area. The outdoor pool is pretty small, but the spa more than makes up for it.

The only negative was the decor...I prefer a modern, cleaner design, whereas Crowne Pointe has a lot of deep red and brown rugs, dark brown dressers with golden handles and dozens of clocks that don't work. Children are not allowed, and the restaurant is closed on tuesday, but there are plenty of great places to eat in provincetown.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
#1 of 15 in Provincetown
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!