“Will return for sure!”

Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Wayne, NJ
Reviewed May 22, 2005

Just got back from a great spa weekend at Crowne Pointe. Just what we needed top service, great food and a relaxing spa. We have been to many hotels that have spas and they are neglegted and expensive. We visited Crowne Pointe on one of there spa packages and it was great, quiet, intimate and clean. The package included dinner at the Bistro and it fine dining and wonderful.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa

Reviewed May 21, 2005

The Crowne Pointe is a very well maintained inn, immaculate in fact. The grounds are fantasticly landscaped with flowers blooming and plants, shrubs, and trees everywhere. The location of the Inn is fantastic as well. You're just a very short walk from Commercial Street, the epicenter of nightlife, dining, shopping and all things p-town. I have stayed here twice in the past three years and both times the rooms were very clean and well appointed, though a bit small (but that is to be expected anywhere you stay in p-town as space is at a premium). The rooms have small refrigerators, tv, phone service, and the whole place is wired for high-speed internet (we had to bring our own cables, though) or use their new wi-fi if your computer has a wireless card (this is new for 2005). The included breakfast is above average as far as typical inn breakfasts go. Parking is included too, which is very handy. They have an off-site parking lot, but it is only a short walk - not at all a problem. The only problems I have with the Crowne Pointe Inn, are somewhat intangible. Although this was one of the nicest inns I have stayed at, the atmosphere was a little stuffy and the people staying there at the time seemed a bit snobbish. I vacation on Cape Cod to get away from such attitudes. As much as the staff was not outwardly rude to me or my partner, they weren't overly friendly and didn't really make us feel welcome. A smile goes a long way. In all of my other inn stays, there have been very social owners and employees as well as guests that we got to know during our stay, but that element was entirely missing at the Crowne Pointe both times we stayed there. With the Crowne Pointe's prices jumping up significantly (and we know it is a "luxury" inn, we're not putting that down), we have decided to stay elsewhere for our 2005 visit to Provincetown as there are many other nice places to choose from that don't cost quite as much are more down to earth.

• Stayed: July 2004
9  Thank ATay71
Wayne New Jersey
Reviewed May 19, 2005

Best place I have ever been to! Definitely on my list of top ten places! Would certainly recommend the place to everyone! Great rooms, great food, great service...I loved everything about it!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York City, NY
Reviewed April 26, 2005

I have enjoyed many wonderful and relaxing stays at the Crowne Pointe Historic Inn. This hotel is magnificent and always manages to exceed my expectations. Every time I return there is something new to revel. This past visit included some fantastic additions--the Crowne Point Bistro, the antique-inspired bar and the cozy new lounge. Each of these adds tremendous touches to the comfort and elegance of the hotel, and helps the Crowne Pointe to secure its place as Provincetown's most premier guesthouse.

The grounds of the Crowne Pointe are stunning and impeccably maintained, and the layout is brilliantly designed--incorporating the original architecture of the town's quaint houses into a beautiful 5-star hotel. Each of the five guesthouses is charming and distinct, with a central deck area complete with a swimming pool and two hot tubs. Following a brick path you can meander off past fountains and flowers, on a quaint wooden bridge over a 6-foot deep goldfish pond and down to the relaxing and ethereal Shui Spa.

The quest rooms at the Crowne Pointe are elegant and luxurious. Each room is unique, complete with its own name, period-piece furniture, gas fireplace, CD player, coffee pot and unique complimentary goodies and bath products. The bathrooms are spacious and consist of jacuzzi tubs, plenty of towels and even a rubber ducky for the kid in you. This past room of mine also included a balcony and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in--thanks to the superb fine linens and addition of feather mattresses on the beds.

The staff was very friendly and helpful in every regard, and my room was always clean upon my return to it. I greatly appreciated their hospitality and felt comfortable approaching them with any needs or requests. I was also fortunate enough to meet the owners, who can always be found somewhere on the grounds. I noticed them working somewhere constantly to ensure the most top-notch service: cooking in the restaurant, tending the bar, managing the front desk and even maintaining the grounds. They are most friendly, helpful and hospitable, and are always striving to accommodate their guests--and surpass our expectations. I truly appreciated seeing them about the hotel, as it made me feel appreciated as well.

This past visit I made it a point to take advantage of all that the Crowne Pointe has to offer. Firstly, hats off to the new Crowne Pointe Bistro, with its unique Asian-inspired menu. I found the food to be truly fantastic. I have enjoyed many of Provincetown's local restaurants and this one is a most welcome and convenient addition. Secondly, this past stay of mine was during a "Murder Mystery" weekend, where actors mingled among the guests while we attempted to solve a staged murder that took place in the hotel. The characters were an absolute riot, and I enjoyed the interaction with them as well as with the other guests. I honestly spent the entire weekend laughing over the wacky story and unpredictable ad-libs. It was a zany hotel experience unlike any I have ever had! And lastly, I would be if remiss if I failed to mention the invigorating Shui Spa, with its relaxing Zen-inspired atmosphere. I am completely guilty of indulging in its many superb massage and skin-care treatments, hot mineral bath, state of the art steam room and sauna. Truly an added bonus on any vacation, as well as for the hotel itself.

I have always loved visiting Provincetown for its breathtaking beauty and vibrant history. And from now on, returning to the Crowne Pointe will certainly be a most-anticipated part of each trip back. It is truly and oasis within an oasis, and I look forward to my inevitable return!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Connecticut
Reviewed April 16, 2005

Signed up and paid for a three-day weekend and returned home on the second day, happy to leave the hotel as well as the depressingly boring Provincetown. Part of the romantic package I purchased consisted of having a bottle of wine delivered to our room with a “butler” fixing up the Jacuzzi for my wife and me, and breakfast delivered to the room. The “butler” came up the first night and dropped off a couple of products for us in a little bag, so that we could fix the Jacuzzi ourselves - that alone was $50. The bottle of wine was given to us the following day as we were leaving…only after we asked for it for the second time. Breakfast to the room would have cost us an additional $25 although it was supposed to be part of the package. The room was average and so was the rest of the hotel including the service. We were also looking forward to the wine and cheese offered at the lobby in the afternoons, hoping to taste a few good quality cheeses and good quality wine, only to find a hand full of cheap cheeses from the local grocery store. The price to stay at this hotel would give you the impression it is a top-notch facility, but it is far from it.

• Stayed: April 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thank you for your review. Provincetown is a magical town on the tip of Cape Cod. The type of guest experience you will have depends upon the time of year you want to come. Experiencing Provincetown in the winter is very different than the crazy summer months please check out our web site for a list of events and various things going on during your stay.

Our wine and cheese socal is complimentary daily from 5-6pm. It includes a large cheese and cracker assortment as well as a crudite platter. Wine, beer and non alcoholic options are all available.

Reviewed April 9, 2005

We have stayed at the Crowne Pointe for four visits now and have gone from highly impressed to "do we really want to stay at such a pretentious place?" Most of the ill feeling has come from a sense that everything should cost something - despite the $300/night fee and a poor attitude of the manager. To be fair the owners were out of town that week. The positive aspects include nicely decorated and clean rooms, certainly four-star standards. The breakfast is hot and high quality. I agree with other reviewers that the afternoon wine hour is nothing to write home about and the food is stale. Nevertheless, we have returned knowing these weaknesses. The difference in the last visit regarded the fact that we had paid $50 per night for an upgrade and were placed in a room so hot that the windows had to be kept open all night and day as the gas fireplace was never completely "off." This was not ideal; however, making matters worse, our room was next to a busy, noisy street. We asked to move and were told nothing else was available unless we wanted to pay for another upgrade. We instead offered to be downgraded and the extra cost not charged. No dice. We then said that perhaps it would be best just to drive back to Boston and we were told we would be charged for the next two nights anyway . We didn't want to deal with a fight for a refund and stuck it out thinking things would get better . We went to peek for a minute at the complimentary mineral spa and were told we needed to be in our robes, not street clothes, although no guests were present in the facility. We asked to borrow an umbrella and were told they cost fifteen dollars, although a short time later it turned out they gave another guest a loaner. After deciding we both felt dissatisfied with the overall service and attitude, we went to the front desk and asked to speak with the manager. We were told that he was on the phone. Ten minutes later the front desk person was told that the manager could not tell us anything different than what had already been shared by others and he did not have the time to come talk to us. I left after saying a twenty dollar adjustment would have made me happy and how unfortunate that they have such low value on customer service.

23  Thank romperroom
Reviewed April 3, 2005

my husband and i recently went to the crowne point inn on the cape at provencetown. We have never stayed at an inn. the moment we drove up we could see this place is beautiful. The owners definatley thought of every detail. From the included breakfast with open kitchen and fresh pastrys and coffee, to the wine and cheese served at 5pm. The rooms are each decorated differnetly mine had a jacuzzi and a firepace that shared between the bathroom and bedroom. The tub even had its own rubber duck to take in with you. We also enjoyed there connected shui spa. We entered into pure luxury as we were greeted. We got a couples massage which was to die for. We then visited there steam room and mineral tub. We were rejuventated!! I highly recommend this inn. It was the most beautiful place i have ever stayed

• Stayed: April 2005
1  Thank JOANN c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
#1 of 15 in Provincetown
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!