Arrived as the off season began and everyone was shutting down. Was told by a local to come here. Looked it up on Trip Advisor and saw a $166 per nite special.
We hadn't planned on staying here as we were actually staying in Newport and opted to drive to P-town to try to catch a whale watch cruise. The young man who checked us in was not overtly friendly,acting as if we were a bit of a bother. When I asked the price for the night, I was quoted $200+. When I showed him the Trip Advisor coupon, he stated that he had no idea what that was. Nor did he call anyone to find out. He brought the pride down a bit, but said that he didn't have anymore of the rooms that were in the special. Quick thinking, huh? To go from not knowing anything about the coupon to knowing that "those rooms" were taken.
We asked about a massage from the Spa. We called while waiting to check in and were told that there was no availability. However, we were never told about the other amenities in the spa that we could use.
We were advised about breakfast and Wine and Cheese at 5PM, but nothing else.
The room was cute. The Jacuzzi tub was a welcome site after walking 12,000 steps that day. The room was comfy.
The grounds were landscaped nicely and very relaxing. We were close to the happenings -within walking distance.
Overall, the stay was good. Breakfast was good. No issue getting egg whites.
Checking out, the experience with staff was different . Very friendly. I suspect that the owner was the person checking us out. He needs to give lessons to the young man....
Later when I looked online, the rooms available at this place are awesome. I hope with our next stay, the service is better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our historic 4 Diamond inn in Provincetown, steps to shops, restaurants, galleries, and the beach. A couple of blocks away from world famous whale watching. Our inspired Provincetown lodging includes 40 rooms in 6 historic buildings enveloping a beautiful pool courtyard. Enjoy unforgettable massages and treatments at our award-winning spa or enjoy amazing cuisine at our romantic Pointe Restaurant at our Provincetown hotel. Experience luxurious rooms and suites with fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, private decks, and wonderful views that rival all other hotels in Provincetown, MA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Pointe Historic Inn And Spa
- Crowne Pointe Historic Hotel Provincetown
- Crowne Pointe Historic Provincetown