“Love Crowne Pointe...Love PTown!”

Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Los Angeles, California
“Love Crowne Pointe...Love PTown!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It had always been a dream of mine to visit Cape Cod and a dream vacation I had. Charming is the word that first comes to mind when I think of the Crowne Pointe. The rooms are very clean and taken care of. The robes are even great. The fact that they offer such a quality breakfast every morning pushed my stay over into the amazing column. I expected cold cereal and maybe a muffin if I was lucky...what I got was the choice of eggs benedict, omelets, breakfast burritos, and pancakes. And how cute are the lobster pagers to let you know that your meal is ready? My only "complaint" is that the tv was a tad too small...is that even a complaint? LOVE YOU PTOWN! LOVE YOU CROWNE POINTE!

Also, love you John at the front desk, the most attentive man ever!

Room Tip: Eggs Benedict were delish!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We are so glad that we made your dream vacation, we hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
norfolk
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Well, where do I begin? We were shown to our very small room, a little disappointing! No bath, just a shower. We were told that there was complimentary wine and cheese from 5-6pm in the club room, so we toddled down and were very impressed with the selections of wines and cheese, also there were crudités and little cheese biscuits, delightful! Breakfast was OK, I don't know why Americans can't do scrambled eggs, but it always looks and tastes like broken omelette!
We had an issue with their wifi, as my husband had to have access for his business, when I asked at reception, I was told that I was just not doing it properly!! I informed her that I knew very well how to join a wifi, eventually she conceded that there was a problem and went off to sort it out. Not one apology!!!
We felt that customer care throughout was really lacking and for that it is not among our favourite hotels of our trip.

Room Tip: I have no idea, but don't have the gold room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank caroleNorfolk
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that the room did not meet with your needs. The room that you booked was one of our Pamper Me Once Level rooms which is the least expensive, perhaps looking for a larger room for your next stay is a better idea. Our rooms are a fantastic value considering all that is included such as your cook to order breakfast, your access to the spa, wine and cheese and our amazing intown location. We look forward to the prospect of welcoming you back for a stay that will restore your confidence in all aspects of our hospitality, should you find yourselves vacationing again on Cape Cod. I know that we are capable of performing much better than what your lasting impressions of our efforts were, based on the above review.
Bedfordshire
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ideally situated, just a short walk from the restaurants and galleries of Provincetown. Visiting at this time of the year was probably not a good decision because most places in town were closed as were the bar and restaurant at the Inn. We really appreciated the complimentary wine and cheese, which gave us a chance to meet the other guests and chat for a while. As its turning chilly I would have appreciated some slippers for wearing in the room as ours had a wooden floor which was quite cold. Otherwise the room was fine, although a little noisy as it was right on the road.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H
Thank you for your review. Starting November "The Pointe" restaurant in the Inn is open Wednesday to Sunday.
La Salle, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel is spic & span...The food, breakfast et dinner, is very, very good. The cheese & wine at 5pm are more then welcome...The personnal is kind & helpfull. Above all, I recommand it!

One bemol...it is cold in the lobby and specially downstair where the wine it is been served

Room Tip: We had the red room; king size bed and 2 showers side by side! 2 windows in a corner. Nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoseeHarpin
Thank you for your review and your helpful hints.
Boston
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm a big fan of packing up and going on trips, no plans, and just winding up wherever the wind takes me. This past weekend it took me to Provincetown for the first time.

When you're driving down the main street, this hotel is like a beacon in the night -- all lit up, it looks simply beautiful against the dark night. We decided we had to stay here. Arrived quite a bit late, and with no reservations, we only had two rooms to choose from. One was a lovely king room, but we chose the king suite, 208.

The room was spaceous, and well-appointed. It had a king four-poster bed, two chairs, a table, a refrigerator, a fireplace, and my favorite, a huge, huge, huge whirlpool tub. The ceilings were so high that the room seemed very large.

The room felt really chilly, but the fireplace warmed it up nicely. Yes -- this is an actual, heating fire place, not a faux-fireplace thing stuck on the wall. It was so cozy to have the fire running. The bath was divine, completed perfectly with the fluffiest, nicest bath robe to welcome me when I was done.

There is a balcony in this room which is perfect for smokers, as there is no smoking allowed in any of the rooms. It had two chairs, and overlooked the rest of the property and the courtyard -- which is quite a nice sight.

The bed was comfy, and although I was initially disappointed by the fact that there was no heavy down comforter, I realized I didn't need it with the fire.

Breakfast was good, made-to-order which is more than I'm used to getting at a hotel offering breakfast for free.

My only complaint is that the pillows are horrible. They're those flat pillows with zero fluff, the ones that give you a headache. If they replaced these old things with feather pillows, this would have been a perfect 100% stay.

The location is great -- just one block from the main street. Because it was off the main path, it was very, very quiet. Yet we could still walk to the shops and restaurants in just a few minutes.

Highly recommend this hotel, you just may want to bring your own pillow!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarieKremlin
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us.
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
Reviewed October 30, 2012

After being together for many years we went with a toned down elopement in Provincetown. We went with the Crowne Point because it looked nice and had an elopement package.

The Room: Since we were getting married I made a phone call to the Inn rather than booking a room on the website. I was thinking about booking a large one bedroom or some kind of penthouse style accommodation. Kevin helped me with a booking for the Presidential Suite. Room #209. This is not the largest or most expensive accommodation on the property. However, I appreciated not being up-sold to a larger and less intimate space. This suite was perfect for a romantic stay. Great space with a vaulted ceiling and nice size bathroom. The king size mattress was comfortable! The room felt private since it was located at the end of a hallway. Leather club chairs, historical artwork, stained glass lamp, and gas fireplace gave it a homey feel. We had plenty of space and commented that we could have easily spent a week in the space. I was offered the perfect room for exactly what we needed. This was the first example of excellent service given by the staff at this Inn.

Extras/service: We also booked the $1,050.00 Spa Indulgence Wedding Escape Package. At first I was put off by the price for what you received in this package. I justified it by saying it was our wedding after all etc. You're getting much more than what's listed on the website in this package. Our wedding coordinator Michelle was simply excellent. It was about peace of mind and having the Inn deal with the little details. Although we had a very simple wedding, I think it's very important to note that I did not have to actually ASK for anything in the package. They made it all happen as described in the package. We're both seasoned travelers and often stay on the club level at the Ritz Carlton chain. The staff we encountered at the Crowne Pointe often reminded me of that level of service.

Wedding/Spa: We had our wedding in the courtyard off the Spa. Nice quiet area with a Zen pool/fountain.
After getting married we had a nice day at the Spa. Great Spa staff too. No issues at all. The spa was exactly what it should have been. I recommend doing the spa lunch. It was a nice luxury and the food was very good. We were in the Spa during the week and had the place all to ourselves.

Food and Drink: Hot breakfast is cooked to order. Although if you want a mini box of cereal, that's there too. The ginger lime martini in the lounge was very good. A good overall martini menu and a decent selection of wines. Steak and Lobster gnocchi were both cooked perfectly. Restaurant staff was excellent. Again, didn't have to ask for anything, they had it covered.

Location/Nightlife: As gay men we enjoyed this location for gay nightlife. You're across the street from two very nice lounge bars and a gay nightclub. There's at least one other gay nightclub nearby. The Inn itself has a small but very nice bar to socialize before dinner or before leaving for another lounge or club. The Inn is centrally located and just a minute's walk to Commercial Street.

We had a wonderful few days at this place. Although touted as a historical Inn this place is very P-Town 2012 with it's mixed clientele, modern asian spa, and martini menu. We had a great time and enjoyed getting married without any drama. Very good job done by Crowne Pointe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MarriedMike
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your special day with us at Crowne Pointe and letting us make it such a memorable day for you. We thank you for your review and hope to see you in the future.
Anchorage AK
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Historic old inn right in the middle of Provincetown. They have done a wonderful job with the grounds and flowers surronding this Inn. The Inn itself is very well kept and the staff were very helpful with any questions about the town. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. Look to us to be the best place to stay on a visit to PTown.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side have great outdoor areas to sit in the sun and enjoy coffee in the morni...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GJKAnchorageAK
Thank you for your kind words, we are very happy that you had a wonderful stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
#1 of 15 in Provincetown

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!