“Nice room, Great breakfast!”

Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights. The room was very nice but small.. Also, we paid for a Pamper Me 3 - advertised as king bed and 2 of the following: whirlpool tub or fire place or balcony. We had a king bed and a whirlpool - so no third????
All the staff were helpful and friendly from Steve who checked us in to the maids cleaning the rooms.
The bed was comfortable, nice linens, maid daily and turn down service. The whirlpool was extra large. There was a small fridge available also.
The breakfast part of the B&B was great! Each day the chef would post "specials" that were all wonderful. You could also order traditional breakfast items cooked any way you like, as well as more continental fair such as cereal, bagels.
Each afternoon there were cookies and then in the early evening - wine and cheese.
All in all a great vacation and B&B experience!

Room Tip: Be clear about the "3" advertised in Pamper Me 3

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I will start this review by stating that the images of this hotel online are amazing and are not accurate. This hotel looked to be luxurious, large and warm. We reserved the Deluxe Two-Story Suite for three nights and anxiously awaited our stay here for months.

When we arrived at Crowne Pointe, the tiny parking lot, used for guests checking in, quickly told me there was no parking reserved for guests after check-in. My assumption was confirmed when the person that checked us in told us of a parking lot a block away that we could use for free. He gave us a parking pass for our car and allowed us to use the entry lot to unpack.

The man that checked us in walked us to our room to give us an overview/tour of our room. As soon as we walked in, I was convinced we were given the wrong room. The room was much smaller than it appeared online and was minimally decorated. It did not appear cozy or warm or comfortable. It looked like it had been decorated 50 years ago and never changed. It was not antique or quaint. It was just dated and unoriginal. The overview lasted 60 seconds. He said our room was upstairs, handed us the keys and told us to allow the whirlpool tub downstairs to perform it's "post-use" cycle of drying out the tub. Then he left.

As we brought our bags through the court yard, I was a bit surprised by the dilapidated appearance of the wooden deck, outdoor furnishings, and the incredibly small pool. I could see 10 people fitting in the pool comfortably as long as no one swam at all. We had to pass the hot tub to get to our suite. It was then that I saw the large Buddha head statue I had seen in the pictures online. It looked tired, albiet continually covered by the flow of water out of the top of it's head (as the pictures showed). It sits behind a hot tub that had leaves along the bottom and floating all along the top. I was pleased to see that toward the evening hours, those leaves had been removed.

As I unpacked downstairs, my partner went upstairs. It wasn't long before I heard a huge bang. I called out to her and she answered telling me that the bed had fallen over. Apparently, she attempted to close our curtains to darken the room, but was unable to because the headboard was in the way. So, she tried to slide the bed down a bit to allow some space for the curtains. The curtains have stiff braces running across them, so they wouldn't just lay against the headboard. When she tried to move the bed, it fell off of cones that it was sitting on. It was then we discovered the headboard was nailed to the wall and the mattress frame was supported by plastic cones (picture attached). I was absolutely floored. We called the front desk and they sent two men to reset the bed for us. Our window curtains never closed to create a darker room for sleeping in on our vacation. Additionally, our window unit (yes, you will pay $459 a night for a window unit in your room), allowed all conversations outside of our room (including from street passersby) to be overheard any time of day. Add to that the size of the shower in the bedroom. An average person cannot stand upright in this shower. The ceiling angles in and I believe you would have to be about 5 feet tall to comfortably use this shower. My partner is 5'3" and could not shower in it without bending forward.

We attended the 5:00 pm complimentary wine and cheese social the first night. We skipped it every night thereafter.

As we got dressed to go out later in the evening, we sat on the sofa in the living area. The second we both sat down, we looked at each other and cringed. It was the most uncomfortable sofa. It was stiff and small. Just completely unwelcoming. While perched on this sofa, I noticed an envelope on the table from housekeeping. It thanked us for our generosity with respect to our tips for them.

We went out that night and slept in until 5:30 the next morning as the room was so bright there was no denying the new day. No sleeping in. My partner went to the main building to get us breakfast. When she came back, my jaw dropped. The breakfast buffet we read about online had become a couple of teenaged boys cooking fried eggs in a kitchen. They put together eggs, bacon and cheese on an English muffin. It was so greasy that I couldn't finish it. It was as though every single item had been slathered in oil before serving it to us. The coffee was great, though!

We tried the whirlpool tub after breakfast. The tub is huge. It very easily fit both of us. I am 5'9" and my partner is 5'3". I thought this tub would be the crowning glory of the room. We filled the tub about 75% full and turned on the whirlpool. We both could not contain our laughter. It was obscenely loud and chaotic. There is absolutely nothing relaxing about the volume of noise and the size of bubbles this tub created. It looked like we were boiling (to the point where we were concerned of water spilling onto the floor) and sounded like construction work was occurring in our bathroom.

The noise, the bright mornings, the uncomfortable furniture and the unstable bed encapsulates our entire stay.

We were quite disappointed with Crowne Pointe. If all you are looking for is a bed to sleep in and a door to shut, then this place will work for you. If you want luxury, you should look elsewhere. We will not be back.

Room Tip: We did not see any other rooms.
5  Thank alissa77
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

As the owner of the hotel I wish the guest would have come and let us know about the issues when they were here but they didnt. We could have moved rooms etc. Our complimentary hot cooked to order breakfast offers the choice of 7 different entrees. We also serve homemade granola, yogurts, 3 types of cereals, fresh fruit, bagels, english muffins, fresh baked muffins and pastries etc.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

From the moment we arrived the service was exceptional - the check in was simple and we were personally given recommendations where to visit and escorted to our room to be told about the features.

You can see from the photos that the buildings themselves are lovely and the room didn't disappoint either. We were in a Pamper Me Twice room with a grand mahogany bed and furniture. The luxury linens were great and the bed really comfy.

At 5pm they hold a cheese and wine hour with complimentary drinks and nibbles, they also have complimetary cakes and pastries available in the day. Again the service was just fab - a special thank you Vincent who always had a smile!

We visited Provincetown on a Wednesday and asJune is still low season so there wasn't much choice in terms of eating out as some places were closed so we ate the Inn and the food was great. Similarly breakfast was good and there was a wide selection of made to order foods and cold items.

I coudn't recommend this Inn more highly - absolutely wonderful.

Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your expeirence!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was my very first Bed and Breakfast experience and I was really impressed with the wonderful service, the amazing staff, the fabulous rooms, and outstanding food! One staff memeber Vincent stood out with his pleasant personality-thanks.
Thanks for making us feel confident, significant, and delighted on our first vacation together!

Room Tip: Ask about the Penthouse-its beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing we really appreciate it. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Crowne Pointe is a wonderful bed and breakfast within easy walking distance to anything in Provincetown. Our room was pricy, but great, and had a kitchenette, fireplace, sofa, and king sized bed. Breakfast was included, and was amazing. Each morning we were allowed to select something from the menu, which was prepared for us by the chef. Breakfast also included lots of 'grab it yourself' stuff, for those not wanting to wait. The spa was really nice, clean, and relaxing. Additionally, everyone we met was very friendly and willing to help. Extra touches, such as free video rentals from the front desk and turndown service, made this a great location to be. I would recommend this guesthouse to couples looking for a romantic getaway. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Many rooms have a view of the Provincetown Monument, so ask for one of those. Rooms away from the m...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank You! Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Ptown is a very quaint typical New England town with most everything within walking distance and centrally located. My husband and I being from Worcester MA didn't mind the fact that you had to walk a very short distance to their "remote parking lot".. we expected such. Some people 'complain' about this..
I am one for staying at a very upscale and "accomodating" place, as well as spotless. This place was all that an more. Kevin and John, at the reception desk were exceptional. They answered any questions about the inn, and upon arrival Kevin made sure we knew where everything was located by litteraly showing us himself.
Wine and Cheese hour was complimentary and set up outside amongst the beautiful grounds/gardens, and a fresh delicious breakfast also 'included' in our stay. We definitely plan on returning and will stay longer next time.. I highly recommend the Crowne Pointe Inn.. absolutely no complaints.

Room Tip: There are no 'elevators' in any of the 'houses'.. if you cannot climb stairs just as...
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This bed and breakfast was one of the best places I ever stayed at. The staff went out of thier way to show us a really good time even upon check in and check out. The rooms were exceedingly clean and nice. Every night we had turn down service with candy placed in the center of the bed. The even upgraded my room without me even asking, which was much appreciated. The Crowne Pointe was actually the best getaway that I have planned in a while. The ammenties that come with the room are fantastic, like gourmet breakfast and wine, beer and snack hour which there is no limit to what you can have. The breakfast is served piping hot everyday and is made the way you request it. We loved the place so much that we are planning another trip to Provincetown in October for Womens' weekend. We also meet a couple that got engaged there and we remain friends with them. They are also planning to come back to Provincetown in October for Womens' weekend. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Land's End Inn
Surfside Hotel & Suites
Surfside Hotel & Suites
#5 of 15 in Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!