“Carp Diem ... worth traveling the distance”

Carpe Diem Guesthouse & Spa
Ranked #7 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
San Antonio, Texas
“Carp Diem ... worth traveling the distance”
Reviewed August 3, 2005

Indeed it was worth traveling from Texas and to be greeted with excellent service! The staff was always attentive to individual guest needs (making prior reservations at restaurants--thanks Herbie you are the best!), the breakfast spread (homemade breads, and muffins, fruits, etc.) a fabulous treat, the location of guesthouse is close in proximity to downtown, and the accommodations were superb (clean towels everyday, and more). Bravo to Rainer, Hans, and Jurgen, Herbie and the rest of the staff for making our 5-day stay a most enjoyable, relaxing, and fun time.

Stayed July 2005
2 Thank IsabellaMercedes2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Reviewed August 2, 2005

We looked at a lot of B+B's before deciding on this one - and we lucked out! We were greeted quickly at the door and given a wonderful tour of the house and all of its ammenities - lovely patio/garden, great hot tub, wine and cheese daily, beach towels, delicious homemade breakfast, friendly staff willing to go out of their way for you, 2 friendly dogs, and friendly guests, can't say anything bad about the place except our stay was too short! We will definitely return!

White Plains, NY
Reviewed August 1, 2005

Dear Carpe Diem Family,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for such a WONDERFUL TIME!!!! Everyone there is AWESOME and we LOVED our time there!!! There is NO BETTER Guesthouse is ALL of Provincetown!!!!

See you soon I hope in the Fall!!!!

Gary and Rodnei

2 Thank GaryandRodnei
Reviewed August 1, 2005

I have been staying at Carpe Diem for 6 summers in a row and from my 1st visit I wouldn't consider looking elsewhere.
The owners/managers Riener, Jurgen, and Hans immediately made me welcome with thier gracious brand of warmth and ever-present humor. There's always a great sense of humor to be found at Carpe Diem!
If you're looking for great attention to detail, kind and prompt service, delicious breakfast(yeah, that would be you Jurgen!) all served with inconspicous ease...look no further.
The guests are varied and always interesting...and the staff effortlessly makes introductions and draws each person into the fold as if they were new to the family.
The accommedations are the finest you'll find in P'town...the rooms beautifully appointed, the zen garden(with roomy hot tub) provides a great place to meet and chat, or sit quitely and read to your hearts content!
Another aspect I greatly appreciate about Carpe Diem is the diversity of its clients. This is no "strictly gay party barn" so available in P'town(...if you want that its readily available for you elsewhere and I hope you enjoy what you're seeking!) but at Carpe Diem you'll find gay, lesbian, straight,or a group of friends comprising all together...as well as an international blend of people from around the world...as well as people from all over the United States. It is an incredible mix of people and cultures that I always enjoy in this friendly setting!
I look forward to my visit each year, and each year it only gets better!!! It is a joy to be in an enviorment where the owners take such pride in thier life's work and invest thier all in creating such an oasis...it seems to me more than "work" and more like thier avocation...but always done with joy and great humor and spirit!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2005

We highly recomend it, we enjoy the company, the conversations with the staff and also THE BREAKFAST!!!!... we definaly will come back to Carpe diem... nice, clean comfortable, very homey.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed July 31, 2005

We have traveled to Provincetown for a few years not. First time at the Carpe Diem Guesthouse and we had a fantastic time! The hosts and staff pampered us to our every need during our stay. The breakfast was by far the best I've had at any B&B in P-Town. Comfortable rooms that were prepared and cleaned thouroughly during our stay. I would recommend Carpe Diem to anyone. Well worth the money!

3 Thank BostoTravelerWithPet
Reviewed July 31, 2005

My partner and I are rather "discriminating" travelers - only flying first class, staying in suites, blah, blah, blah. We just returned from one of many stays at Carpe Diem over the past six years, and I am amazed they still maintain the one thing we always search for - consistency.

I think I am understating this, but the rooms are always clean and nicely decorated. The house is kept very nice and very tasteful. The breakfast is always on time and delicious. (If you like a European breakfast, this is *definitely* the place for you!!) Whatever is asked for, the staff responds immediately with absolutely no hesitation. None!

Arriving at Carpe Diem is like arriving at a relative's house. Not only are we picked up at the airport, but whoever picks us up always remembers us. With all the guests, I don't know how they do it, but it is a real pleasure to be asked about *me* when arriving at a place I only visit once or twice a year. How do they remember?!

We've stayed in six different room types over the years, and we prefer the Carriage House and Cottage. (Cottage is always the first choice!) The rooms in the main house are absolutely lovely, but we like the added privacy of a small private outside sitting area as well as more living space in the lower-level Carriage House suites and the Cottage.

Even the smallest room in the house is wonderful and full of personality, though! And, the best thing is, the service is the same *regardless* of your room type!

The house is wonderful. The staff and their service are even better. And everything is the same whether we're there in-season or off-season. (Off-season is so romantic ... gas fireplaces in some of the rooms, even.) If all hotels had service like this, I think I'd travel even more!

You won't be disappointed with Carpe Diem. I promise; just stay once and you'll keep going back. Nothing else compares to Carpe Diem in Provincetown, and if we can't reserve a room there, we won't go. Period. That's how much Carpe Diem now means Provincetown to us!

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business