“Charming, lovely, and relaxing...”

Carpe Diem Guesthouse & Spa
Ranked #6 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our first trip to P'town to relax, renew, and celebrate our first wedding anniversary. The house was beautiful with much attention to detail, the garden and spa very zen, and the staff was more than helpful. Each and every staff member made us feel welcome and did everything they could to make our stay that much more special by recommending and booking restaurants, offering hiking paths, and booking massage and rest. Breakfasts were fabulous, daily wine and cheese terrific, and kind care for staying in-room too. My husband and I truly loved this place and would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Our room was not large but the mattress was nice and firm and well appointed!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amylcip

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our second stay at Carpe Diem (our first was summer of 2011) was as enjoyable as our first and we’re glad we chose it for our 2012 Provincetown trip.

Our room (Robert Frost) was lovely but our bed was smaller and firmer than we’re used to - that was a minor inconvenience, however given how much we really liked everything else. The style and design of the room (and the stylish bathroom) made up for any shortcomings in the bed, and we enjoyed the views of the Pilgrim Monument from the windows and the convenient location of the room to the rest of the property. The 5pm wine and cheese hour was below our room and we greatly enjoyed relaxing under the grape arbor with old and new friends - it’s a real highlight of a stay at Carpe Diem.

If we had to identify one thing that makes Carpe Diem what it is, we’d have to say it’s a tie between the property itself (the interior courtyard is lovely, relaxing and quiet) and the staff/service (the entire team is professional, friendly and top-notch). We loved our second visit and will likely stay at Carpe Diem again next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MJPBAF
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My partner and I have just returned home from a relaxing three night stay .... We were truly
taken with Carpe Diem..
Excellent location, Beautifully appointed...Incredible staff...
There is a true pride of place taken by the owners and the staff that we met..
Tish is amazing.. making you feel as though you have known her all your life !
The accomodations are extremely comfortable..
We can't wait to return.

2  Thank leslie e
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This past week, my husband and I travelled down to Provincetown and stayed in what has become our 'must-stay-there' spot. This is a B&B which stands apart. We are treated like family, Breakfasts are out of this world, coffee/tea available all day plus wine and cheese, and a chance to ask other quests where to eat, served at 5. Nothing is left to chance.

Room Tip: There is a good website which shows the rooms. Because this is an old house, rooms are somewhat smal...
2  Thank Esther W
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked last minute for a much needed relaxing getaway; the staff was more than helpful, they were fantastic! Great breakfasts (Tish rocks!), super clean room, hot tub, wine hour...and the location is unbeatable. We'll be back!

1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was in the middle of eight weeks of travel for work and found myself in Boston. I decided to reward myself with a weekend get-away and found that the easiest place to get to on Cape Cod from Boston is P-Town. After a quick 90-minute ferry ride and a 10 minute walk from the pier, I arrived and was warmly greeted by Gary. He showed me to my room and took me on a tour of the property. It was extremely clean and well maintained, and more importantly, made you feel at home. The food was fantastic and I'd echo all the comments on the coffee. YUM! Tish, Rainer, Jurgen, and Hans were all so welcoming and made the experience all the more better. And FYI, Tish makes the best hot sauce EVER. Thanks to you all for a wonderful weekend. ~ Michael

Room Tip: I stayed in the Raj Rao room which had a great, king-sized bed, small bathroom, fireplace, and mini...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ChcgoMichael
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I chose Carpe Diem after a lot of research and reading the trip advisor reviews. I do not normally like themed rooms but the ones at Carpe Diem really are in the best possible taste. This is a set of converted town houses and as such you do not get the enormous rooms that you would in a more modern building but both our suites were bright and spacious enough. The sitting areas and breakfast rooms are lovely and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble for the hosts. The gardens and Spa are lovely, welcoming and peaceful. We booked in for two nights and liked the place so much we extended for four. We had to move rooms on the last day as our first one was booked out but this was made so easy by Hans who arranged to have all our belongings moved whilst we were out enjoying ourselves.

Beds are very comfortable and rooms have a safe, fridge and plenty of storage. Carpe Diem is probably the most efficient place I have ever stayed. Whilst we ate breakfast our room was serviced with the minimum of fuss. I have no idea how they do this-maybe Hans is a magician? The Guest House is located just off Commercial Street and whilst within seconds of it; escapes the noise and bustle. We parked our car for the four days we were here and did not move it again until we left.

Breakfast was buffet style and help yourself to as much tea and coffee as you would wish. Daily specials were also offered but I would recommend the organic home produced eggs which were delicious. Every day at 5.00pm there is a complimentary wine and cheese event on offer where you can go and meet and talk to other guests from all over the World. I am glad we took part in this as we met some people who we hope will be life long friends and have not laughed as much in ages.

Provincetown offers so much more than the guide books tell you. Excellent food-thanks to Hans, Jurgen and Rainer for the recommendations and making the bookings for us at such great restaurants,- great cycling routes, whale watching and off course the arts scene. We also spent hours walking along the beaches, talking to locals and other holiday makers and just soaking up the atmosphere. During the day Ptown is a bustle of day trippers and Commercial Street even in September is very busy. At night it calms down significantly but restaurants are still very full and booking for the best ones essential.

This was our first ever extended stay in Ptown-we had come as day trippers on a warm November day several years before when many of the bars and restaurants were shut and made up our minds to go back when we could. I am glad we did for so many reasons. I suspect for those after the more esoteric way of life that at the height of the season Ptown could be a bit much but if you go in Spring or Autumn and find your way to Carpe Diem you will not find a warmer welcome or more accommodating hosts. Perfect!.

Room Tip: There are no lifts obviously so if you have a lot of luggage or cannot manage stairs so well ask for...
1  Thank Bladesmum