All reviewshot tubbelgian wafflesp townoutdoor furniturepeople watchingcommercial streetfresh fruita wonderful stayfantastic locationtea dancecape codperfect hostshome away from homemy partnerdelicious breakfastmemorial day weekendlook forward
Reviewed October 30, 2015

This was our first time staying at the Queen Vic. The Inn was clean, hospitality was most appreciated. We felt like we were home away from home. I highly recommend the Queen Vic Inn for a quick or long get away.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
Stan C, Owner at Queen Vic Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2015

Thank you for the great words. We are delighted you had a nice time with us at our Inn. We really enjoy meeting everyone and being able to share our home. We hope you see you again in 2016 and we hope you have a Terrific Holiday Season and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year !

Reviewed October 26, 2015

Stan & Josh were terrific and the accommodations were even better. I'm rather picky about cleanliness and I have no complaints about this place. Loved the solid white linens on the beds, more pillows than necessary (another plus) and plush, soft, white towels. YAY! I'm not usually a big waffle fan but the waffles Stan makes have converted me. Queen Vic is the perfect location in Provincetown. On my next trip to Ptown, Queen Vic will be my first choice.

Room Tip: Loved the 2nd floor room on the front (#13).
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
Stan C, Owner at Queen Vic Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2015

MIchael,

It was a pleasure meeting you and we are thrilled you chose us (The Queen Vic Guest House) and that you enjoyed your and your stay.

We are stiving to bring customer service back into fashion. In todays world so many guest are treated like just another number. Josh and I truly want each and every guest to feel as if they are royalty while they are here.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Stan and Josh

Reviewed October 3, 2015

I am very easily "grossed out" by the smallest things when I stay away from home. If the room is not absolutely immaculate, I will not sleep for the entire trip. P-Town is notorious for rooms that are somewhat lacking in cleanliness. I've stayed, unfortunately, in some places that were filthy pits - dirty carpets, stained comforters, hairs on pillow cases, etc. The Queen Vic was a delightful surprise - it was absolutely spotless. And they certainly hold themselves to a very high standard, with white sheets, duvet covers, shower curtains, and bathrooms. It was a pleasure to stay in such a well-cared-for environment, and I slept like a log. My partner and I enjoyed our end-of-September stay very much.

The owners of this guest house truly care about the property and the experience of the guests. Aside from the cleanliness, the breakfast was delicious, served in a lovely dining room, with fresh fruit (hand cut, not the usual store-bought assortment). Homemade waffles added a very nice touch (so much for the diet). The rapport between the owners and guests was warm and friendly - and this at the very end of the season when most everyone who lives in or operates a business in P-Town has lost any semblance of patience or civility.

I was also impressed by the little things that no one would notice - very heavily padded carpeting in the hallways and on the stairs made it a very quiet stay. Although my room was right at the top of the stairs, I really didn't hear any hallway noise.

So many places in P-town look as if they were hobbled together by a bunch of blind carpenters with a Home Depot gift card. This place is very nicely appointed and quite chic in its décor. Everything was comfortable and well-thought-out. The rooms might be a bit small, but that's typical of P-town an I'd certainly rather have small and spotless than large and messy. Plus, on the website, the rooms are well-described, including a warning that one particular room is not for people traveling with a lot of luggage. My experience has been that most guest houses on town offer no such warning beforehand, much to the surprise and dismay of the guest.

As far as the location, it could not be better. It is just steps way from Joe, the fantastic coffee place with the patio, the Boatslip, shops, restaurants, and pretty much everything you'd want to be near in the West End. Yet, it's still quiet. It's such a pleasure to be able to run back a couple of blocks and grab a sweatshirt at the end of the day, instead of a half-hour walk.

I would absolutely stay here again, although I'm guessing vacancies will be hard to come by once this place catches on. I cannot wait to come back next summer - we finally found a great place to stay in P-Town.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Stan C, Owner at Queen Vic Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2015

WOW ! Thank you so much for ALL of the wonderful things you said about us. It really makes us feel as if all of the hard work is being noticed which makes us feel GREAT !

We are continuing to strive to make sure our guest are well taken care of. We realize there are numerous places to stay so we want to make sure we do everything we can to make sure our guest know that we care.

Yes, even though our "first" season which is the summer season is over we still want to make sure everyone who stays with us for our "second " season which is the fall season is stil well taken care of.

Thank you again and have a great rest of the year.

Stan and Josh

Reviewed September 27, 2015

Excellent location, our room, bathroom and the common areas were spotlessly clean, very comfortable, owners and staff are friendly, helpful, efficient & relaxed. Bathroom was a decent size, great shower and water pressure. Would recommend the Queen Vic to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Stan C, Owner at Queen Vic Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2015

Thank you so much for the great review. Josh and I are as most people can tell very happy to be a part of what we have tried to create here at The Queen Vic Guest House.

The house itself is a magnificent home. Once our guest walk through the front doors we want them to feel a sense of relief. It is our goal to make sure eveyone has a wonderful time here while they are in our home and surrounded by the magic which is Provincetown.

Safe travels and we look forward to the next time we see once another.

Stan

Reviewed September 21, 2015

First time staying at this lovely historic inn. Our hosts Josh meet us at the door and help us with our bags. We quickly checked in and he explained or the amenities of the Inn.
We had a 3 room suite, lovely decorated with some antiques and modern furniture. Simple tomes of white, beige and dark woods with some metal accents. Clean and inviting, the bathroom was very large with a small refrigerator ion the corner.
Nice balcony outside our room for an evening drink was very welcoming, with access to the hot tub at the very nice garden lounge area.
Breakfast was very nice; fruits cereals, pastries, coffee, juices and they made to order waffles and eggs.
This was a weekend b-day celebration for me; our host gave us a bottle of white wine for the weekend.
Loved spending the better part of the evening at the front garden, sipping wine and people watching.
Enjoy this beautiful Provincetown landmark, you won’t be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay at the Queen Suite
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple

We couldto not have been happier to have had the chance to help you enjoy your stay in Provincetown. We feel very fortunate that you chose us and our beautiul home. Our number one goat is to make people smile, relax and truly enjoythier stay in our wonderful village.

We hope to see you again very soon,

Josh