Review Highlights
7:00 Half Day Charter

Capt. Dave quickly put us on quality striped bass. Good fishing and a good time. JB the deckhand... read more

Reviewed July 18, 2018
Kevin K
via mobile
Successful Fishing Charter

I decided to book a fishing charter for my brother as a graduation gift during our annual family... read more

Reviewed July 15, 2018
shanes969
Boston, Massachusetts
via mobile

All reviews captain dave bass annual family vacation mackerel jp mate pier
Reviewed August 10, 2015

Last August on our annual family vacation we chartered a trip on the Ginny G and my review was posted after we got home, this year we decided to rebook with this boat. We had the same captain and mate dave (spyder) and JP, thank god for their experience and knowledge of these waters. We had left the pier on time and had just put lines in the water when a sudden squall line moved across the bay, Lightning, strong winds, hard rain and rough seas hot us quickly. Spyder and JP had us bring in the lines and we rode out the storm in the cabin, with in a half hour the squall line had passed and we were fishing again. I am convinced that they handled this situation correctly and safely. All of us caught fish and enjoyed or day, we just have a great story to go with it. I will definitely charter this boat and crew again.
Thank you Spyder and JP see you in Aug 16

Date of experience: August 2015
Ginny G, Owner at Ginny G Cape Cod Sport Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2015

thanks for the great review - we look forward to having you aboard in the future

Reviewed May 29, 2015

We have been coming to the Cape for years, and this time we brought my family along for a week's escape to New England. Having fished pretty often, we thought it would be fun to do some deep sea fishing while here.

We'll certainly do it again. But it won't be with this company!

We didn't catch any fish, which happens sometimes. But what made the trip so terrible was the captain! He rarely spoke, and when he did he grumbled or complained about the first mate. He didn't say anything when two of our party were thrown out of their chairs on to the deck after a big wave hit us. And he didn't say a thank you or goodbye when we left the boat at the end of the trip.

When you're in the business of providing a service to someone, a good attitude can go a long way. And sadly, he seemed to have run out of any.

We won't be using the Ginny G for any future fishing trips, and we definitely won't be recommending it to anyone either.

Date of experience: May 2015
6  Thank Christine K
Ginny G, Owner at Ginny G Cape Cod Sport Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2015

so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on our charter we have never had a review or a complaint like this before and I honestly do not know exactly how to respond wish there was something I could do or say to make things better I am sure the capt was concerned about the weather conditions and the lack of fish he may have been a little stressed about that but as you said he maybe should have had a little better control of attitude and thoughts
best to you
ginnyg

Reviewed September 9, 2014

I was asked to join a group of my relatives for a half day fishing charter. I am thrilled that I said yes and joined them for a exciting half day. We left Provincetown dock right on schedule. The Captain and his mate were experienced, helpful, friendly, and fun, We were successful soon after getting to the spot where the fish were hitting that all five of us caught a striper large enough to keep as well as many that were to small and returned to the ocean. The trip was just long enough to catch fish, and have fun. I will plan on booking another trip on the Ginny G next year when I am back in P town

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank Buddapus
Ginny G, Owner at Ginny G Cape Cod Sport Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

we at the ginny g enjoy hearing positive comments from our customers so glad to hear you enjoyed your trip we look forward to seeing you in the spring or summer next year

best wishes during our off season
ginny g dave and jb

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We recently booked the Ginny G for a half-day fishing excursion. The Ginny G is a 34 ft Wayne Beal Down East Sport fishing boat that is docked in Provincetown, and she was perfectly suited for our charter of six fishermen. Captain Dave Gibson and his mate JB have some 130 years of fishing experience to draw from, and they ensured that we'd have a great time on the boat.
Captain Dave got on the radio and soon discovered there were no big schools of fish around Provincetown, so he powered up the Ginny G and headed across the bay to the Dennis, MA shoreline. A lot of other charter captains wouldn't burn the fuel and would fish nearby (and catch nothing but a bigger profit)... but Captain Dave and JB both wanted to give us a chance to catch some big fish.
Once we got to to the Dennis / Barnstable shoreline, JB and the Captain got us hand-jigging and we immediately started catching fish. The time flew by as we caught a great deal of striped bass, five of which were big keepers. They were delicious on the grill that same night, since JB bled the fish properly while on the boat and cut us some great filets once we got back to the pier.
There is never a guarantee that you will catch fish when you charter a fishing boat, but Captain Dave and our new friend (and great 1st Mate) JB gave us an advantage. Thanks to the crew of the Ginny G. Recommended.

Date of experience: August 2014
2  Thank peepff

Thank you for the great review - we are so glad to hear when customers are pleased with their trip. We look forward to seeing you again next year. Have a wonderful fall and winter

again thank you