“Beautiful Property & Great Staff in Beautiful Ptown”
Review of White Porch Inn

White Porch Inn
Ranked #9 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed two nights at White Porch Inn and fell in love with the property. Beautifully restored in the last few years, it has tremendous warmth and comfort. The attention to detail in the quality restoration and the interiors are worth changing your vacation days to ensure a room here. But even more impressive is the friendly staff that greets you at the door and introduces you to the inn and your room. I was even asked if I wanted pancakes for breakfast in the morning. Great location in the East End 1/2 block to Provincetown Harbor to the south and 1/2 block to Far Lands--a great market--to the north. Quieter part of town with lots of art galleries and great restaurants very closeby but close enough to the busier end of Commercial St. Can't recommend more.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank stanfieldnewton

Reviewed August 24, 2010

It was a WOW experience for my girlfriend and me.

First, we where greeted by Mathew (Hotel Manager) with a beautiful smile and a very nice attitude. The first contact was pleasant and warm.

He shows us the last room available, witch was nicer then what we saw elsewhere, and as a bonus, it had a lower tag price. This was a very good start. We immediately made up our mind and we rented the room before it gone.

Later on, we when out to discover that we where located only few minutes away from the ocean, restaurants and nightlife. It’s was surprising to us, because the quietness in the hotel would not reveal at first sight how close we where from the action.

The next morning we woke up in a well decorated room, offering all the commodities that would please the most demanding guest. We went downstairs, following the coffee swell to discover a colourful breakfast with fruit, cinnamon buns, egg, and jam. We share this moment with other guest that seem to be enchant as much as we where.

We would of staid over another night after going through this pleasant experience, but unfortunately all rooms where reserved and we had to leave. As a summary, it was a very pleasant 24 hours.

We recommend that you make reservation. You will love it !

Robert & Gisele, from Montreal, Quebec.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

What a wonderul place. Stayed at the White Porch after my wedding--. My room and the entire inn were impeccable. The staff, particularly Matt, took every opportunity to serve members of our party. He was warm, available and helpful--gave great recommendations on a number of Ptowns attractions and wonderful restaurants. Delicious breakfast each morning. This place is a winner!

Reviewed August 22, 2010

My stay at the White Porch Inn was quite wonderful. Matt the Innkeeper and Tom the owner couldn't have been more welcoming and friendly. The Inn is beautifully appointed, clean and quiet (I stayed in an upstairs room). I had a friend however, staying on the first floor of the converted garage who said that there was a noise issue with the guests above him - so I'd advise staying on the second floor. There were a few things that I didn't care for - though the Inn is air conditioned, most of the rooms run on central air so you cannot set your room to your individual liking. And the breakfast was good but I think it could have included a few more item. Even though I'm an outgoing person, I prefer to be quiet in the mornings. Because there were limited places to sit for breakfast, you often had to socialize with the other guests - whether you wanted to or not. But overall, if you want t a beautiful, clean place to stay...this is your place!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I normally don't go through the effort of writing reviews good or bad about any place I've stayed. But I have to spread the word about this place. I had the pleasure of staying at the White Porch Inn and the word perfect doesn't even begin to express how great this place truly is.
So here is a little list that everyone might find helpful:
1. The rooms are impeccable! My girlfriend and I stayed at the Wood End room, and it was decorated tastefully, and pristine as far as cleanliness.
2. Some bed and breakfast get away with serving cold muffins and calling it a breakfast, but the White Porch Inn, provided an amazing meal cooking eggs, providing delicious pastries, providing beverages.
3. MATT: I'm going to quote one of the other guests at the Inn when he said that Matt "was worth just the price of admission". I agree...I would sleep on the couch at the White Porch Inn just to get the opportunity to have a conversation with this guy. Very few people can manage a intimate bed and breakfast while giving you space, providing you with all the information you need, and giving you the best advice on the places to go and check out.

I plan on coming back to this place every chance I get. and I mean EVERY chance I get. Because it is THAT GOOD!!!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

From the moment we arrived, Matt and the gang went out of their way to make us feel welcome, comfortable, and at home. The Inn is set up as if you are staying at a friends' (very well appointed) house. The rooms are clean, modern, tastefully done, and the bed was superior. No heavy period decor here. The personal attention to our needs, reliable and delicious breakfast every morning, and a very well appointed wine/ cheese course in the afternoon will bring us back again. Thanks, Matt, for ensuring a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Had the pleasure of staying at The White Porch Inn for 2 nights. Had never been to Provincetown and did some research on where to stay. Was thrilled with my choice when we checked in. The Inn is beautifully decorated and the staff was very friendly.
The location was perfect. Close to everything. Took the ferry from Boston and only had to walk a few blocks to the Inn.