“Wonderful - Already booked our second trip”
Review of White Porch Inn

White Porch Inn
Ranked #7 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My partner and I stayed here last summer while we were attending a beautiful summer wedding. In fact, the entire wedding party stayed at the White Porch Inn. Some of the rooms are kind of small, but all of the accommodations are wonderful. The staff is very attentive. One morning that we were there the staff was touching up some paint that had been scratched. I was impressed that they stay on top of it like that. This place doesn't miss a single detail. Also, the location is fabulous. It is right off of the main strip (I can't remember the street name), and it's very close to the pier. I've already reserved our room for another trip in June of 2014. I can't wait! I <3 P-town!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robby S
Tom S, Owner at White Porch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Hey Guys,
It was great having you both this first time and looking forward to the second trip! Thanks for sharing and see you in June!.
Tom, Dale, and the White Porch Team

There are newer reviews for White Porch Inn

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here about 2 plus years ago. I received an email from the owners a few weeks ago and the first thing I thought was "I need to write a review". Trip finder came later for me.

My husband's brother and mother live in Plymouth so we planned for a night where his mom would watch tgere kids for the night and we could go off for the night. This is where we stayed. Thus feels like home away from home, everyone is greeting with a welcoming happy hour which was awesome. You go off and do your thing in P-Town; shopping, walking, dinner, clubs and at the end you come "home" to the Inn. We played game with other residents then off to our room which was spectacular. We had the room with the fireplace upstairs in the main house. Total high quality B&B. It was warm during the day but cool at night enough to put it on.

Breakfast was fantastic and presented as if we were all special guest. Tom and Thomas were very proud and gracious host too, again your like family.

This is a MUST STAY.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for the review and kind words. We do hope you are able to come back as it has been a while since we have seen you at the White Porch Inn. We have made additional enhancements to the property, including the creating and inclusion of the White Porch Gallery @ the White Porch Inn. Hope to see you this Summer or Fall.
Tom and the White Porch Team

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Open in the winter! My wife and I had a wonderful getaway to the upper room of The White Porch Inn - Comfy bed, loved the fireplace at the foot of the bed, and even though it was cold, the balcony was wonderful to look out over PTown to the bay! Breakfast was great - just enough to get going in the morning. Everything was clean, and Dale was great! thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

P'town is indeed a great place in the off season and we are happy you enjoyed your Winter get-away at the White Porch Inn! Hope you have a chance to check us out this Summer of Fall season so you can use the roof deck with the amazing water views.
Tom, Dale, and the White Porch Team

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My partner and I badly needed a romantic winter getaway and we were looking for a specific experience. The White Porch Inn helped us to have a fantastic 3-night mini-vacation. Since it was January we wanted a place where we could enjoy being indoors as much as being out. We also wanted a little space to spread out and play games or relax by the fireplace when it was too cold to be outside. We LOVED the space, comfort and privacy of the Nobska Light room which has a private entrance in the carriage house. Our bed was extremely comfortable and we were able to comfortably control the temperature within the room (it was extremely cold outside when we were there). Both the carriage house and the main house were elegant and comfortable. Since many stores and restaurants are closed in the off-season and we had a big winter storm while we were there (even more things closed) we also greatly appreciated having a mini-fridge for our own drinks and snacks (small detail but it made our stay more enjoyable). I also loved the wrap around porch which we could not take advantage of because of the weather but I can imagine sitting out there relaxing on a bright sunny morning or warm summer evening. We also enjoyed wine hour and a chance to mingle with other guests. We enjoyed a delicious warm breakfast every morning and there were always homemade goodies as well. Dale was very accommodating and helpful in every way. Our car was covered by a snow drift and I especially appreciated being completely shoveled out. Everything about our stay was fantastic. In addition to beautiful accommodations and great service the central location couldn't be more ideal within Provincetown. If we had time we definitely would have stayed longer and will not hesitate to go back again. This is a great place to stay any time of the year!

Room Tip: We loved staying in the carriage house which was spacious and private. Each room had a private entr...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

So glad you enjoyed your romantic winter escape in our Nobska Light room. P'town can be magical when snow covered and the fireplaces provide a great place to warm up after a walk in the snow. Thanks for your review and hope to see you back at the White Porch Inn.

Dale, Tom, and the White Porch Team

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The White Porch Inn was ideal for a peaceful winter getaway. I stayed there for two nights at the beginning of 2014; if time and money had been no object I would have liked to stay longer. The bedroom was cozy and comfortable. I loved having the fireplace at the foot of the bed and the view from the bed of the nearby snow-covered rooftops.

Breakfast was excellent, with a lot of variety and always something hot cooked to order. Dale was helpful and accommodating. I would recommend the White Porch to any of my friends and - though I have stayed at many other Provincetown guesthouses - I will try to stay at the White Porch from now on.

Room Tip: The website has good descriptions and photos of the rooms, so check it out carefully and make your c...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Hi Gabriel,
Viewing the snow covered roof tops from bed in front of the fire is a great way to enjoy P'town in the Winter - so glad you enjoyed it and your stay at the White Porch Inn.
Dale, Tom, and the White Porch Inn Team

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the white porch inn in August '13. I loved everything about it from the staff, to the rooms, to the location, to the art and so much more. I literally was planning my next trip before I left that trip. I had tears in my eyes as we drove away because I did not know how I was gonna wait another year until we came back!

Cant wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

HI Angela, We are happy you enjoyed your time with us. August is quickly approaching so we hope to see you both again this Summer!
Tom, Dale, and the White Porch Inn Team

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The good: We stayed for several days during the colder off season months. The room was attractive, the bathroom was good sized and the location was wonderful. It was extremely clean. Dale was very nice. Wine hour was nice and we spoke with another nice couple.

The average: breakfast

The bad: the toilet paper was worse than Scott 1000. I found out later it was environmental toilet paper but it defeats the purpose because you have to use 4 times as much. The soap, shampoo and conditioner is set up in a container attached to the shower wall like my gym-not impressive at all for the price we paid for night in the off season. I bought soap in PTown because all they had was softsoap. Then a couple of days into our stay I did find a nice bar of soap in the medicine cabinet. Also, you can hear EVERYTHING, even bathroom noises from the next room.

The really bad and why we will never go back: THE HEAT, we paid extra money to have a fireplace in our room. We used it only a few minutes. There is nothing I love more than a fireplace in the bedroom which I don't have at home and i one of the main reasons we even go to b&bs in the off season. However, even though I am usually always cold, it was so hot in this hotel, that not only could we not use our fireplace (which took us 20 minutes to find the switch to-it's in the closet) but had to have all of the windows open the whole time we were there. For this reason I cannot recommend this Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank landsick
Tom S, Owner at White Porch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay and we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry that you could not find the controls for the fireplace right away. The location and use is however, stated on the framed orientation card in the room on the table. The same guide also explains how the temperature in the room can be controlled.

We are the White Porch are in the process of becoming Green Certified. Hotels create 1.5 pounds of waste per room per day and 32% of the municipal waste is from packaging. In order to reduce this as our resources on the Cape are finite, we intentionally designed the bathrooms with dispensers that provide our guests with the same line of soaps, shampoo, and conditioner used by the Starwood Hotels. In addition to the dispensers, bars of soap as you later discovered, are always kept inside the medicine cabinet in each bathroom.