“Another Great Stay”
Review of White Porch Inn

White Porch Inn
Ranked #7 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This was my third stay at the White Porch Inn and once again, Matt and the staff did not disappoint! They made us feel like guests in their home. Breakfast every morning was a treat, especially the waffles! Add a warm atmosphere and spotless rooms and you have the perfect get away! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Matt made our stay at the White Porch Inn a true pleasure. Wine and cheese was waiting for us at 5 each afternoon. The wine was very nice and the crackers, cheese, fruit plate was just perfect. Coffee was all ready early in the morning (a must for me), followed by an absolutely delicious breakfast. Matt was a true host; congenial, pleasant, informative, and a pleasure be talk to. We had a great weekend get away. If you're in Provincetown, stop by the White Porch Inn. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: I liked the room with all the windows.
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My fiancee and I stayed here for a long weekend. We have never stayed at a B&B nor in Provincetown and we walked away quite happy with the experience! The inn is located close to commercial street. We stayed at the Nobska Light room in the Carriage House. We thought the room offered more privacy as it was away from the main house. The beds were comfortable and the room had a lovely fireplace. Matt was a great host and made great recommendations throughout our stay. Breakfast was delicious as well! We would definitely recommend to others and would come back for another stay!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Nobska Light room. It is a loft style room. There is only a shower(no bath tubs).
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I'd had the pleasure of staying at the White Porch Inn this weekend. Matt, the inn keeper, made our stay beyong great. He made amazing home cooked eggs, toast and kilbassa for breakfast and told us all the great sites to see in Provincetown. He made reservations at Napi's for us which was fantastic and light on the wallet. Our room was the best of all. We stayed in Nobset Light which was the 2nd floor of the carriage house. The room has it's own cozy romantic charm to it. We will be visiting again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I attempted to book this hotel for next year on two occasions and both times ran into major problems.

On my first attempt, I was told that the rates in the reservation system were incorrect and I would need to totally rebook my trip at a later date.

At that later date on my second attempt, I reviewed the reservation terms & conditions which clearly stated a 5-night minimum and I sent it in. I was met the next day with an email stating my reservation time was a 7-night minimum. When I let them know the website stated otherwise, they promptly told me thanks for the info and they would update the website. No offer to help or compromise.

I booked another B&B for a 5-night minimum during the same time and will be much happier there I am sure.

ADDED INFO:
After doing my initial review on here (I had to resend it in), I received a failed attempt by White Porch mgmt to have me stop by for wine when in town... since they didn't try to help me at all beforehand, I hope to not see the Inn at all during my stay.

12  Thank Daltex888
TomTraveler33139, Manager at White Porch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

We are so sorry to learn of this reviewers dissatisfaction in his attempt to book a stay with us during the 2012 summer season. At the time, we were in the process of establishing pricing and minimum stay requirements for the 2012 season, which we have successfully completed.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We'd return to this charming B&B in a heartbeat. It's a well-kept and charming house with very gracious and personable hosts. Parking is a little tricky on premise. Best advice is to park it and stay parked for a few days -- there's more than enough to walk to. On a fairly quiet side street only half a block from the main drag. P-Town is too much fun. It's Key West north basically, and the White Porch Inn is the perfect place to setup a home base from which to enjoy it. Recommend a 3-night stay for full effect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the house if you desire a more quiet experience.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this place for two nights in late September and we LOVED this place. The Manager, Matt, was really nice; the room was great, the breakfast was great --- We had a great experience. We definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple