This was our second stay at this inn...and there is a reason we returned.
1)The innkeepers (Abe and Tom) are the perfect hosts, friendly and helpful. You'll feel like a guest in their home. Great conversations over breakfasts.
2) Location, location, location! Set just steps off of busy Commercial St. the Secret Garden is a quiet oasis. We never heard any traffic noise and a glimpse of the bay from the upstairs porch.
3) Accommodations. The rooms are tastefully decorated and comfortable. Most of the rooms have full size (double) beds and shared baths. The two rooms downstairs share a full bath. Upstairs 1 room has a private bathe while the remaining four bedrooms share 1 1/2 baths. bathrobes and toiletries provided. There is also a small dorm style fridge in each room., big enough for a few cold drinks to have on hand.
We will stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The picturesque 1830's sea captain's house, built for Commander David Hugo Hunter, sits in a tranquil garden that is the ideal getaway from your busy life. Yet whenever you're ready to re-engage, you are only 97 steps away from the epicenter of town offering unique shopping, superb dining and a bustling nightlife. We offer warm and inviting rooms with a continental breakfast to get you on your way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Secret Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.