“A great P-town sectet”
Review of Secret Garden Inn

Secret Garden Inn
Ranked #10 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This was our second stay at this inn...and there is a reason we returned.
1)The innkeepers (Abe and Tom) are the perfect hosts, friendly and helpful. You'll feel like a guest in their home. Great conversations over breakfasts.
2) Location, location, location! Set just steps off of busy Commercial St. the Secret Garden is a quiet oasis. We never heard any traffic noise and a glimpse of the bay from the upstairs porch.
3) Accommodations. The rooms are tastefully decorated and comfortable. Most of the rooms have full size (double) beds and shared baths. The two rooms downstairs share a full bath. Upstairs 1 room has a private bathe while the remaining four bedrooms share 1 1/2 baths. bathrobes and toiletries provided. There is also a small dorm style fridge in each room., big enough for a few cold drinks to have on hand.

We will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank toby495

Reviewed August 18, 2010

Found this B&B on Trip Advisor and am so very glad I gave it a try. This place is indeed a secret garden. Had a lovely 1st floor room with a comfy queen bed, and all the amenities I could want (including a small fridge for keeping things cold). Bath was just across the hall - nice and large and immaculate. Great porch with wonderful painted adirondack chairs which provided a place to read in peace and quiet. It is a bit difficult to find, but once ou do, it is definitely worth it! Will definitely return on my next visit to the Cape.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The Secret Garden has an outstanding location-the address is misleading as it is situated about 100 metres behind Commercial street up a small alley near to the Portuguese bakery. This means that you are in the center of Provincetown where the ferry docks and all the action happens, but you do not have the noise when trying to sleep at night. The garden is really beautiful and a great place to sit in the day or in the evening when it is all lit up with colored lights. The Inn is incredibly clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The rooms are fitted with an air conditioning unit which is useful as Provincetown can get very warm in July.THere is a free wifi system. Some rooms have shared bathroom but this seems to mean one bathroom shared between only 2 rooms, so it was never a problem. Abe and Tom are incredibly friendly people, and you feel like you are sharing their home rather than staying in a hotel, which of course you are. You will feel very comfortable here if you are gay or straight or anything else! The breakfast is really good with hot and cold food, and the room is a nice place to meet the other guests-it is full of interesting stuff and artworks that the owners have collected over the years. The price is also very reasonable compared with some of the other places I looked at in Provincetown. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank BorisWestCountryUK
Reviewed July 24, 2010

This is a B&B that I would denfinitly recommend. The hosts, Tom & Abe, of this B&B were so friendly, personable and accommodating. Usually it takes me a couple of nights to adjust before I can sleep soundly but the first night we were there I had a sound sleep. We were
very comfortable staying there, it was like your home. Everything was very clean,
breakfast was available every morning and was very good.

I plan to go back soon!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2010

My cousin and I totally enjoyed The Secret Garden Inn and its hosts. Although just off Commercial St. and within easy walking distance from the ferry, our back upstairs room was quiet. Although we did not have a private bathroom, it worked out well to go down the hall so we did not disturb each other when asleep. They graciously catered to my cousin's food preferences with a delicious breakfast. I liked eating in their kitchen and talking with them rather than being served in a separate dining area like some B&Bs. They were funny and friendly. We were busy biking and eating and shopping and otherwise exploring but there was a lovely balcony and of course the garden for relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed September 23, 2009

..in a nice and quiet alley this Inn is a nice little gem...due to the fantastic hospitaltity of the unique hosts. We spend a couple of days during the pre-season in one of the petite but affectionately decorated rooms and had the most wonderful time. We could use the parking lot nearby and you can choose a room with a shared bathroom tha was spotless clean, Definitely a come-back-soon-experience!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I found the Secret Garden Inn on Trip Advisor. I phoned the Inn Keepers, Tom and Abbe and found them to be very courteous and helpful so I booked a room for two nights. Upon my arrival they made me feel very much at home. This meant a lot to me as I am a female traveling by myself and this was my first overnight visit to Provincetown.

My room was perfect! I really appreciated the refrigerator in the room. I made use of both porches and enjoyed the serenity of the garden courtyard. The full breakfasts were wonderful and I especially enjoyed my conversations with Tom and Abbe.

It is hard to believe the Inn is behind Commercial Street because it was really quiet and the location (in the center of town) was perfect. I also appreciated the free parking which saved me $20 a night had I parked in a public lot.

I highly recommend the Secret Garden if you are traveling by yourself or a couple planning a romantic getaway. It really was a perfect vacation spot. After breakfast I would pick up prepared food at Far Land and spend the day at the beach, then relax back at the Inn before heading out for dinner (great recommendations from Tom and Abbe) and a stroll along Commercial Street to enjoy the shops and nightlife.

I now consider the Secret Garden to be my home away from home. I can't wait to return next year.

Beth