“Beautiful and quiet retreat”
Review of Secret Garden Inn

Secret Garden Inn
Ranked #11 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2007

What a hidden gem. This beautiful little B&B is tucked behind two other properties on Commercial Street. It's an absolute perfect location in the center of all the happenings on Commercial Street, but because it sits back off the street, you have your own little oasis. Tom and Abe are great hosts and I just loved staying with them.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Secret Garden Inn

Reviewed September 9, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Secret Garden Inn in early August. We were just looking to head down the cape for a weekend and this turned out to be the perfect place to stay. The Inn is right in the middle of everthing, immediately off of Commercial Street across from the town wharf. The great thing is that its set back behind a building or two and the property is surrounded by a high fence and overflowing with beautiful greenery so you instantly forget you are in the middle of downtown. The property is beautiful and lovingly cared after. You can tell that the owners, Abe' and Tom, really care about keeping a perfect inn and keeping their guests happy. Our room was quite nice and directly across from the bathroom. It was right next to the front door, but the sounds of people coming and going never filtered in. The next morning we had to skip breakfast because we had a little too much fun the night before, but it smelled great. We'll definately be back to this wonderful little find.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2007

My husband and I stayed one night only and it was just wonderful. Tom was very gracious. Loved the little touches of hominess.
Perfect location for everything. Breakfast was delicious. Tom even dried our bathing suits in their dryer to use next day morning and we were able to leave our vehicle in the parking lot while we went walking in the town even after we checked out.
Definitely a place to stay when in P Town.

Reviewed August 4, 2007

All of the reviews of the Secret Garden Inn are right on. The location is perfect if you want to be in the center of the action, but not right on top of it. Set back from the main road by a couple of buildings, it is definitely a hidden gem. Abe was an awesome host (and did admirably with the breakfast while Tom was away in NYC). We went as a family of four with my 6 year-old daughter and 1-month old son. We were just slightly worried about having a family in a B&B right on the main street, but our fears quickly vanished when Abe guided us by phone to the parking lot and then met us out front with his dog, Chloe. He was great with the kids, and made us feel very much at home. The room, though small, was very clean and comfortable. My daughter absolutely loved the place ... especially the garden. We will definitely stay there again on our next visit.
- Paul and Erica Grudowski, from Austin, TX

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank paulgAustin_TX
Reviewed July 17, 2007

My partner and I couldn't have had a better time. Abe and Tom were gracious hosts. We didn't want to leave and ended up staying an extra night! The rooms are charming and so clean and cozy. The breakfast was delicious and we kept looking around the house for Martha Stewart because everything including the food was amazing. Maybe she was in the flower garden which was just was beautiful and peaceful. I can't wait to return to the Secret Garden Inn.

Reviewed July 1, 2007

The charm of both the property and particularly the owners: Tommy & Abi, are without peer in P-Town. Perfectly located, the rooms are charming and intimate. Sitting in the hot-tub by the wonderful Secret Garden (yes--true to the name) is a restful and delightful experience. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and plan to return!. Tommy is a restaurateur and his cooking is wonderful.

Reviewed June 17, 2007

I was traveling from Portland, OR with my sister, mother and aunt and was a bit nervous as we finally made it to Ptown if the Secret Garden would live up the reviews or not. We arrived late and I called for help with directions and to let them know we were coming. Abe was reassuring and helped us get to the private location just off of the main street and beach.

There is not enough I can say about how much we enjoyed our stay at the Secret Garden. Our hosts, Abe and Tom (Tom and Abe - they are both so important I want to list them both first :)) were the best hosts I could have ever dreamed of. Upon arrival I realized that the Secret Garden was much like Main Street at Disneyland in that it is a scale smaller than it looks in pictures but it is just gorgeous and impeccably kept. We enjoyed the Golden Pond and Monument Rooms very much.

When we awoke our first morning there, surprised to see we were still on West Coast time at 11am we figured we had missed breakfast. Boy were we wrong. They had prepared a feast for our eyes and our stomachs! I have never eaten so well in my life.

I just absolutely fell in love with our hosts as well as the Secret Garden and I’m sure you will too if you stay there. They are so welcoming and giving, what’s not to love!

I have to admit that right now I’m eating a little piece of Tom's chocolate cake that he let me take home. (Oh I forgot to mention he packed us a goodie bag for our drive to Martha’s Vineyard too, can you believe that?!) As I’m eating my cake and thinking back on our stay I have a little tear in my eye as I don’t think I’ve ever had such a touching experience getting to meet and share our lives with two men for just three days.

Thank you! I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business