“Patio seating is the best feature”

Surf Club Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #99 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lovely patio seating on a gorgeous day. That's the end of positive comments. Server mixed up our orders of fried scallops & oysters. Washroom filthy. Inside restaurant wasn't appealing at all.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We wandered around P-Town for a bit, trying to decide where to eat. It was an absolutely beautiful day, so it had to be outside. It was late in the season, and a Monday, so I think some of our potential options weren't open. We decided on the Surf, principally for the water views and people watching as they came off the pier.
We were seated promptly by the hostess, outside and were greeted by a waiter only minutes later. He was very knowledgeable and very friendly, while very professional. We ordered a tuna shashimi app and a lobster po-boy sandwich. My wife had a very nicely chilled and refreshing Pinto Grigio while I had a beer (they were only serving bottles because it was so late in the season so, I couldn't have my Stella - this was a very frequent issue on this trip).
The tuna was terrific and the po-boy had a very generous amount of lobster that was done perfectly.
It's unfortunate that so many people have reported bad experiences here, ours was very good. We'd absolutely return. The food, service, and pricing were very good.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We sopped here for a quick lunch whilst visiting Provincetown. We were lured in by the view and outside seating.

The 2 diet cokes which we ordered were undrinkable, and so we switched to bottled sparkling water ....

The wrap and fries was passable .....

If you need to use the washroom then I would recommend the public ones rather than those in the restaurant...

This place has so much potential ...........

I spent the rest of the day saying "if only we'd checked trip advisor first" ...

1  Thank BeaBea2010
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Right at the wharf in P'Town they have a nice little deck for food and cocktails. We only had a drink but it was a nice time. It's great to watch all the comings and goings while sitting in the sun. Service was OK and the table was a bit small for a big guy like myself. They do have inside dining but if sun is available I'm in it. I would not hesitate to go back.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our first time we were in Provincetown, and we were hungry after walking the boardwalk. We stopped in, and the sign said, "grab menus and seat yourselves anywhere." We sat on the benches outside right near the boats on the water. It was simply beautiful. The menu had a great variety of food, and the prices were alright. We were extremely satisfied, and the service was wonderful too. Definitely will go back to eat there when in P-town. It seemed to be an all around fave by our friends too. Good time.