“Affordable, Walk to Town, Scenic, Clean, Safe, Friendly, Great Store!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Dunes' Edge Campground
Brunswick, ME
“Affordable, Walk to Town, Scenic, Clean, Safe, Friendly, Great Store!”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I read the reviews here and was hesitant to stay here during a trip to Provincetown over Memorial weekend. I've travelled extensively and stayed at many places, some of which were much less than desireable, so I wasn't really worried about it either way. There must be an issue with guests who leave these negative reviews. Yes, the campsites are small. So what? It's a campground in Provincetown! It's a place to pitch a tent and sleep on the edge of the sand dunes. I've seen campgrounds before with no vegetation around them, just one camper next to the other. It's beautiful in Dunes Edge. I arrived a bit early and the staff was extremely friendly. Said they could give us a site that was ready since ours wasn't yet. We opted to wait because we liked the site they had assigned to us, so we went over to Race Point to pick up our free beach fire permit that we had called ahead for. When we got back the site was ready and we set up. I have an SUV and I had no problem fitting the tent, SUV, camp chairs and table along with clothing line on our site, and it was very small. People say the bathrooms are weird, but I didn't think much of it. They were very clean and each individual shower stall was private. I noticed people leaving their cell phones plugged in in the bathroom and leaving them so I did the same. Staff came by at one point to let me know that I could also leave it in the office/shop if I was worried about it being unattended. The recycling was obvious and easy. No big deal. Not sure why people complained about that. You have to walk over to garbage cans anyway, so it's not like you have to go out of your way. The office/camp store is the cutest thing ever. It is so nicely kept and items displayed, with a cool retro vintage feel. Plenty of useful and fun stuff to buy. Coffee and muffins every morning for a small fee. I'm not big on muffins but they were delicious as others have mentioned. Throughout our whole stay the staff was friendly and busy keeping the place clean and in order. I saw all different types of families. At night there was a lot of camp fire socializing w/o the camp fire. People were having a good time as they should be. A few tmes it got a little loud but nothing major. I was waiting for staff to jump out and harrass the guests as others have suggested, but it never happened, ever. In my opinion, people who come to touristy campgrounds shouldn't expect to hear the sound of silence when the sun sets. After a long day of walking around Provincetown, I had no problem falling asleep! I would most definitely go back there again and again!

Room Tip: Look for a site in the center of the campground by the bathrooms
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rengem

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Giffard
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Sites are small and you get what they give you...even if other sites are available through out the week-end. 1/2 the campground was unoccupied but they wouldn't allow any switches?!? Staff VERY rude and weirdo on golf cart really has a problem. The guy creeped us out from the start and he kept lurking around for no reason...we finally realized what he was trying to find late on the first night when he kicked out the people at the site next to ours for playing cards late! We hadn't even heard them! They got kicked out at 11:15pm for using a lamp while playing cards!!! Obviously an arguement broke out and they were threatened with a call to the police if they didn't leave immediately. We were really careful about noise and lights for the rest of the week-end but the atmospere was one with the likes of a prison campground with a psycho warden on a golf cart...we hated the experience and don't recommend this campground even if it's the last one available! Go to a motel; at least you will be allowed your freedom within 4 walls and no weirdo will stalk your site...avoid at all costs!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank Jim B
pittsfield ma
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stay at the Dune's Edge every labor day weekend, and cannot wait! It is a bike ride to race point beach, and just a short drive to Head Of The Meadow. You can walk to town. Yes, the bathrooms are older, but it is CAMPING! They are always clean, as is the rest of the property. The owners are amazingly wonderful and helpful, and you can tell they work extrememely hard. It is obviously a family owned camping area, and very homey. It is beautiful there, we wouldn't change it for anything! Thank you Dune's Edge!!

Room Tip: If you ask for a more "secluded" site, they will put you in one :)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rondew
New York
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The basics: Showers were clean although one or two more during peak hours would have made for an easier time. I thought the staff was ok. She was clearly overwhelmed as we arrived during peak season, and immediately took the stance of "oh, you're from New York" but by the second she warmed up and was helpful. A bit long, but relatively easy walk into P-town.

Now, on to the campsites - in a word, SMALL. I've camped up and down the east coast and seriously, they were the smallest campsites I've ever seen. And we were right near the toilets so every morning there was no privacy for the morning coffee, etc. I think if you were with a large group and took a couple of the sites next to eachother it would be ok but for two people we had TWO sites - two sleeping tents and a kitchen, one car and there is no way we could have fit another car....

I would not stay again or only go if it was the shouler season

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank gypsygirlnyc
Holland
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Staff is friendly. Showers etc are a little bit old. The camping is in a nice green area, but if you walk to p town it will take you 30 minutes ! There were a lot of mosquitoes, so that was really not nice. We had only a small tent and sitting outside was not really possible.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JBHolland
Gardner, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 18, 2011

no tv...no internet
for a two week stay was a bit much
men on carts were fine...just doing their job
spent lots of time out of campground
reservation system bit odd.....had to move sites(in pouring rain)
as did many others.....staff not so friendly, but probably get
tired of same old.....will return to cape next year , but will stay at
campgound that has internet and tv..overall stay was plesant

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank barney064
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My family comes to 'Dunes Edge every year to work and play in Provincetown for the months of July and August. We have been doing this for years. We know the staff personally and welcome their vigilence in protecting the campground from becoming a party place. They even have a night watchman. If your coming to Dunes Edge to find a Community, it's the right place. Everyone is welcomed here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family