“Chasing whales with cameras and not harpoons”

Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch
Ranked #3 of 26 Tours in Provincetown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whale watching originators of east coast whale watching since 1975. trips depart daily from Provincetown harbor. 3-4 hours in duration. booking available on-line, private chartering available. trip times vary, up to 10 trips daily during July and August Season April- October
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A good trip with informative crew. Also enjoyed the view of Provincetown and coastal area from the sea.

We were told that it might get a little rough but anti-seasick tablets were issued and I did not sea any "mishaps".

Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"amazing experience"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed January 29, 2013

"we live here and work hard for the money as its very expensive to live at the end of the cape (wife grew up/entire life in provincetown) We get to see the whales as they return to the cape every spring, right from the beaches. We try to do a whale watch at least once a season, life is so humbling when you get to look in the eye of a whale, things fall into prespective for us.
The dolphin fleet offers an excellent mingeling with nature, boats are not fancy but set up perfectly for whale watching, they have a snack bar, with beer and more. They have a film person who offers video of your trip and you should tell them early on if your gonna want the video and they will know to flim your party often.( you'll get your dvd in a week or so) There is a naturalist who informs all (via speaker system) whale facts, information and some guesses about behavior. There is an area at the stern where you can have a smoke and not bother anyone, thats nice as civil liberties are always being chiped away. They sell t-shirts and books and stuff. alot of the proceeds go to saving the whales, and thats very good. I belive they have 3 or 4 trips a day in season and trips run about 3-31/2 hours. Its a bit expensive, I wish they had townie/locals trips and other discounted trips as not everyone can afford it, yet everyone should experince the whales. Tip: bring your good camera and if u easiliy get sea sick take some med an hour before departure. there is a pharmacy in the center of town and u should get your tix early, any local can tell you where to pick em up plus sometimes you can find discount coupons in local travel guides that can be found though out town.
ps it can get windy and chilly out in the water bring something warm! and tell the whales we said "hi"

3  Thank ilikequiche
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a great time searching and finding whales off of P-town. The crew is friendly and knowledgeable. We learned a lot. We saw about a dozen different whales, and followed a group of 3 for a while. I took incredible photos that I framed and hung. I also got some good video. Listen to the person selling the tix. They will tell you the best cruise to take depending on weather/temperature/etc.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I and my son and I have enjoyed the Dolphin Fleet Whale Watching cruises for the last several years. I highly recommend this fleet. We have always seen whales on our trips. The narrators are very informed about the whales we see and even know most of them by name. We enjoy the sunset cruises best.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've gone on these boats many times with family & friends over the years, and not once have we missed seeing whales. One one trip, we got so close, we could smell the fish they were eating (pheew!), and watch the gulls darting down to steal fish from the whales' mouths. The onboard naturalists are great-very knowledgeable, and the captains know where the whales are to be found. Take warm clothes in spring & fall-it gets very cold in the wind as these boats speed to and from the whales.

2  Thank docbruce