“Excellent Meal”

The Pointe Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pointe Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 136 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Prince Street
Description: Located at The Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, The Pointe Restaurant serves modern American cuisine. Located in the Inn's famous sea captain's mansion, diners enjoy the sophisticated, yet relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy Provincetown lobster fresh from our tank or choose from the many items on our more casual dining selections great for sharing. The Pointe's menu has something for everyone including various seafood selections, several beef and pork items, as well as vegetairan options.
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

we had a WONDERFUL meal at bistro - Travis our waiter was awesome, the food was great and the wine list well rounded.
My only regret is that i was way too full to order the 100 years of Port but this gives me another reason to return.
A porch table also gave great night views of the monument.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Scott M

Palos, IL
“Gemütlichkeit”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went there for dinner. Arrived a little early at this inn/restaurant, and was graciously invited to join the rest of the hotel guests for wine and cheese - poolside. Simple, yet pleasant.

Our dining experience was superb. The seating was on a screened porch of this beautiful building. Had the lobster ravioli and the lobster gnocchi appetizers. The lobster raviloi was great. The lobster gnocchi was world class. Ordered the filet and the sirloin steak. The sirloin steak had one of the best mushroom with wine reduced sauce presentations I have experienced, again world class. Also ordered the parmeasan cheese risotto. Had an excellent Châteauneuf-du-Pape Lazaret '08.

If I were to be asked where improvement could be made, I would say with the desserts and more medium priced wines - but I am being very, very picky here.

The chef is a real talent. I would love to see what chef could do with a higher price point. And I can not forget our waiter Travis - both are Pros in their own right.

Everone here was friendly, and professional. I believe Germans have a word for this: Gemütlichkeit

This was our finest dining experience on Cape Cod.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank B12751
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best restaurant experience I've had in Ptown”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My dinner here with two friends was the best restaurant experience I've had in my 5 years coming to Ptown. I rate this higher overall than the Red Inn, at which I had a lovely dinner last year. Not that one can't enjoy and experience both, but I offer this for context. (Of course, it doesn't have the same water view, but it was still lovely.) The service was excellent - attentive, but not intrusive. The appetizers and entrees were not only delicious, they were creative, well-prepared, and presented wonderfully.

Yes, it is expensive, as are all formal restaurants in Ptown. But the price range was what I expected and not out of line with other restaurants in town. If fact, I would say it was the best value for an excellent meal I've had there.

I would offer one significant improvement they can make on the atmosphere. The music was a little odd - sort of an 80's/90's mix. I think just instrumental music - perhaps a soft jazz or classical without words would be more appropriate. It was a little distracting, although fortunately it was also played softly. I suggest they change the music.

One minor other improvement that could be made. The napkins were a bit small. I know this is a small point, but it was a bit hard to cover one's lap. Very easily fixed, as well.

I plan to come back to see if they can keep up the great experience!

3 Thank DCNYCTraveler73
Greenwich, Connecticut
“A Place To Make A Special Dinner Night With Your Spouse”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My hubby and I wanted something special, so we decided to visit this bistro.

We've been here before and loved the food, so we returned.

Service:

Was exceptional.

We were on a time constraint with seeing a show at 9:00PM and they were quick and courteous.

The food:

Was incredible.

The filet mignon was melting in our mouths as we were eating it. A MUST is the parmesan risotto. It's to die for.

The location:

It's not on the famous Commercial Street, however, it's on the parallel street, Bradford Street. It's quiet and quaint. 40 second walk off Commercial Street.

The value:

The food was exceptional, however, being well traveled lends our opinion that the prices were slightly high for the overall experience.

To be more specific, their prices should have reflected not only their first class service and food, but the facility would have to be first class, which it is not. It's not bad in any way, but not elegant.

We will be back again!

1 Thank SleeplessINct
t1999, General Manager at The Pointe Restaurant, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Haverhill
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here and had dinner for my birthday. Tod was our waiter and was very helpful in making choices. My friend had hake and I had the steak and mushrooms. Both were delicious. The fries were sliced thin and we devoured them. For desert I got the profiteroles and it cam in a happy birthday plate and a candle. Nice view of the monument.

3 Thank Nancy M
Thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you again soon.