“Decent Value, not always accomodating”
Review of The Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
The Sunset Inn
Ranked #53 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 12, 2009

We stayed in Room 203 with two full beds - one for me and my boy and the other for our friend.

The Good:
Overall the Inn is located in a great spot - in the center of town and on Bradford. It's a little more quiet than being right on Commercial but still within walking distance to everyplace. The sun decks were wonderful and we got to meet many people as we relaxed on the decks during the day. The views from each deck were excellent. The rooms were cleaned daily. For the three of us, the total stay for 5 nights was about $1000 which is a decent value. There was plenty of parking.

The Bad:
Upon arrival our room had 3 towels. We asked for additional towels as we had just spent most to the day in the car and wanted to shower. We would be showering again that evening before we went out and wanted another dry set. At first the hosts explained they try to conserve and the B&B septic system can't handle excessive laundry and requested we reuse our towels. It was uncomfortable to me personally. About 15 mins later we got a knock at our door and they brought fresh towels. Yes they did accommodate but a small issue was made of it. I call it an issue because I just gave a approx $1000 to now have to negotiate over towels and explain we were all sweating from the car ride?? They had made me feel like a bother. The shower itself sprayed out in a mist and took about 3 times amount of time to wash off soap. There was no adjusting it. There were P-Touch labels all over the walls in the bathroom reminding us that there is a fragile septic system at the B&B and certain restrictions on single ply toilet paper. The beds themselves were not very comfortable and had a very "old" feeling to them. Pillows were flat and when we asked for additional pillows, we were now uncomfortable due to the towel incident. On the sun decks there were two garbage cans - one for recycling and one regular. No joking -all over each was about 15 P-Touch labels with rules for throwing out specific types of trash. On the wall on our room was a framed memo of house rules. There were P-Touch labels all over the B&B. During the continental breakfast in the covered danish tray - there were about 10 P-Touch labels with rules on how to take out a danish with tongs (No Hands!) The AC in the room has P-Touch labels instructing the guest never to leave it on when they are not in the room due to electricity use??? There is also no WI-FI in the building and I felt that some renovations needed to take place as paint was peeling both in the room and outside. The place is charmgin but needs updating. My feeling is they had had some untidy guest that did a number on the place at one time. But someone needs to relax with the P-Touch Labels. If you are concerned about the quality of quest - raise your prices. I travel a bit and want to be accommodated and made to feel at home. You know - I am on vacation I do not want to be concerned about toilets, septic systems and laundry.

I am certainly not one to go out of my way to complain, just stating what had happened. I probably would not go back just because of the tackiness of the entire thing.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Elementzzofstyle

Reviewed May 12, 2009

This was a great find on Cape Cod, the hosts were excellent very helpful and friendly, recommending lots of local bars / restaurants.
Very comfortable room with lots of period features. Lovely homely feel breakfast was included in price.

Although we went "out of season" being April we still found the town and hotel had a good atmosphere - book well in advance for the season

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2008

Back again and well worth the 22 hours of travel.
Andy and Lenny at the Inn are truly welcoming, the Inn is so clean and snug, you just chill as soon as your head hits the pillow on the first night.
I do enjoy the breakfasts sitting on the deck in the rockers looking over Bradford street its just a perfest start to the day.
The Sunset Inn is so well located for town only one block from Commercial street and just along from Farlands who do such delicious sandwiches for picnics at the beach.
End the day watching the sun go down from the top deck at the Sunset Inn with a glass of wine in hand.......what a perfect vacation yet again.
Don't miss the Sunset Inn on your next trip to P'town.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 16, 2008

I stayed at the Sunset Inn between 14th and 31st August 2008 which means I can vouch for the consistency of what I experienced.
The Sunset Inn is very comfortable, very clean and very friendly. Andy and Lenny are on hand to make sure standards are maintained.
Breakfast can be taken either in your room, on one of the decks, on a balcony overlooking Bradford Street or in the peaceful garden.
Commercial Street is a mere stroll away, and although the Inn is located on Bradford Street the double glazing and air conditioning ensures a very quiet environment.
I will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 13, 2007

The Sunset Inn, owned by the managers, is a clean, very comfortable inn. It is not overly cute, it is not fancy. Set in an old PTown home, it is well decorated, with spacious rooms with private baths and smaller singles with shared baths. The rooms were clean, air conditioned, and very fairly priced. For the traveller looking for a great location, fair price, and a clean room, this is the place to stay.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed September 30, 2006

In the heart of P-Town, on my first visit, I found a place with heart, run by owners who are also the hosts, and who make you feel welcome and special.

The Sunset Inn may not have a pool, a spa or other amenities, but it had just what I needed to enjoy the area, and it is truly in a central location. Witin two or three blocks you can arrive by boat, sit on the beach, climb the tower, peruse the galleries, dine, shop, or hit a cabaret show. Within 2-3 blocks you can also catch the shuttle bus to: the National Seashore, the Visitor Center, a lighthouse, the golf course, to other towns or down the Cape back to Boston. Yet while the Inn is so close to everything, my room was really quiet at night. This is due to the Inn not being located on the busy pedestrian street that is open until late.

The sun decks are fantastic and the formal living room is perfect for a glass of wine in the evening. The complimentary continental breakfast included toast, cereal, bagels, muffins, bananas, juice, coffee and tea. While the room furnishings and decorating were simple, they were comfortable and included a fridge.

This Inn proved perfect for seeing both the town and the beaches. I went out and come back several times in the course of a day very conveniently. I could see and do more because it was so easy to stop back to my room to rest, or bathe and change. I didn't need a car while I stayed at the Inn and it was hard to leave.

• Stayed: September 2006
19  Thank Solo-Sojourner
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed May 28, 2006

I am afraid to write my experiences down, because the Sunset Inn is the best kept secret in P-Town! Great location in the center of town, just behind the main road in P- Town called commercial street. A small but wonderful converted Victorian house that offers clean, neat and tidy rooms that are cozy and relaxing. They offer a daily breakfast of waffles, bagels, muffins, coffee, tea, fruit, juice, and cereal. A common room of books, movies, magazines, information on shows, activities and information on area events. Refrigerators and TV's in each room, two sun decks (one is clothing optional for sunbathing and the other is perfect for breakfast) and a private parking lot for guests. Perhaps the 2 best assests are the great price and the wonderful welcoming owners that are helpful, sweet and so friendly. We're going back and recommended it to all of our friends- Enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2004