“The view is worth it”
Review of The Pied

The Pied
Ranked #10 of 14 Nightlife in Provincetown
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've read the reviews and am always astounded to hear such negative reviews. While it's true that the Pied used to cater more to lesbian clientele, it is still the only option for queer girls...even if not much is happening for us. It's a reality all over (not just P-Town) that we have fewer places of our own.

Gay guys getting offended because dykes were rude is just funny. C'mon! You have control of every place in P-Town and any other city so why don't you just share nice for a couple hours?

Ladies, there is no more dancing at 7 or 8 pm; if you want to get your groove on, go around 11.

The Pied still has amazingly friendly staff, and the drinks are absolutely priced with the average and worth it for the "heavy pour".

If you've been walking around all day, it's steamy out and your feet ache, the deck and the view are still worth a visit to the Pied. I've been going every year since they opened and will do so 'til they close.

1  Thank Constant_Loop
There are newer reviews for The Pied

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were hoping to find a bar that catered to women as most places are predominantly male influenced. I read about Pied and saw that it was a popular place for women so decided to give it a shot. Drinks were overpriced and it was hard that they are cash only. The atmosphere was pretty awful. I felt like I was in someone's run down basement. The bartenders were friendly but overall not worth the time.

1  Thank DM1022
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great bar and DJ also. They have added a café on the outdoor deck with the greatest Lobster Roll I have every tasted. They have Burgers, fries, hot dogs , salads and soups

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We popped in for a drink prior to dinner....overpriced drinks, a nice view....not much else to say.

1  Thank freebird1970
Reviewed February 26, 2006

Years back going to The Pied was a tradition after going to T-Dance at The Boatslip. But now I wouldn't go even if it's FREE! I went there two years ago with a male friend (The Pied tends to cater to lesbians) and the lesbians were so RUDE to us! The kept bumping to us while we were dancing, at the bar they ignored us. I wrote a letter to the manager about it (and NOTHING). As a gay man...I see that we treat lesbians with respect when they go to our bars and we expect the same in return but they did NOT do that to us there! This is NOT the first time I heard this! It used to be a fun place to go...but I would recommend everyone to skip it!

7  Thank Danny R