“Excellent”

The Mews Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 136 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
east longmeadow, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

Excellent service, from maître de , hostess, wait staff & waiter were superb ! Food was hot tasty and coked to perfection. Appetizers were out of this world. Drinks were served in a very professional manner. We've been here several times as a couple and with our friends!!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lori P

Astoria, New York
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

I have been going to Ptown for many years and never went to The Mews. I showed up solo with no reservation(I have been told people make reservations months in advance) and was fortunate to be seated at the bar with in 10 minutes. My table was actually adjacent to the bar and with a view of the ocean due to its elevation. Perfect! The food was amazing, I am vegan and I had the "polenta tower"it was absolutely delicious. The service couldn't have been better and this place is busy! My other observation is that the staff all seem to be genuinely happy doing their jobs and that makes for a very nice experience!

1 Thank Jill B
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great ambiance, Great food, Nice Service... Deserves to be top 5 in PTown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

It is a great spot. The decor is authentic and old, the wood work and the bar are great.
The atmosphere is nice and eclectic. Being on the East End of Commercial street makes this place less likely it seems to be bombed by tourists. The crow is elegant and upscale..

The food is great. We had the amazing Cucumber and Avocado Gazpacho, the fish of the day was the Halibut and it was just delicious. The risotto took forever to arrive, but it was super tasty and they waived it! (great gesture).

The bartenders are cute and well traveled. The drinks were super.

We were tempted to go back but we ended trying something else.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Superb as always…the Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

The Mews has had the same excellent chef for 26 years and this visit we once again remembered why. We had such a great dinner on our arrival in Ptown that we had to come back for our last night. Both dinners and every thing we ate both nights was so delicious and fresh. One of us is a vegan and there was no problem at all getting a fabulous vegan dinner for him. The basil pesto pasta was possibly even better than my own, which I don't think I've ever said in a review before. I had it with seared scallops both nights, once as add to the Caesar salad and once on fried green tomatoes. WOW is all I can think - out of this world. So many places serve old pesto or are afraid to put in the garlic or the good cheese. NOT The Mews! And the service both nights was vey quick and very friendly. The place was booked solid on a Sunday night but they got us in without a reservation within like 15 minutes upstairs in the cafe which was buzzing as usual. I would venture to say that The Mews is so good - so unforgettable that its worth a vacation to Ptown JUST to go eat there!

Boston
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Fantastic atmosphere and service. Went to Mew's with several friends in August of 2014 and was not disappointed. Was quite surprised at how well the vindaloo was prepared; I was hesitant to order anything with the word "vindaloo" without being in an Indian restaurant! All the apps and entrees were delicious and the service was attentive without being obtrusive. A lovely night.