“Great Restaurant”

The Mews Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner here. Every thing was perfect, including the food, service,and view.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,310)

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We made a reservation at the Mews because of the excellent reviews that we read. And, the restaurant does have a lot of plusses, but there were also a couple of problems. Parking even in off-season is a disaster. I am handicapped and it would have been nice if one or two spaces would be reserved for clients who have trouble walking. An asset is that we could hear one another; something that seems to becoming increasingly rare in American restaurants. Our waiter was friendly and helpful. Our appetizers were very good; I had the crab cake and my partner had the mussels. My entree was the duck; I had heard that The Mews specialised in fish, but on the previous six nights I had fish at every meal and ordered the duck. I was not disappointed. My partner 's was however; unfortunately, neither of us remember what he ordered, so the only conclusion that we can make is that at least one entree is forgettable. We skipped dessert, but ordered an espresso and a cappuccino. After a few minutes, the waiter returned to our table and informed us that the espresso machine had broken down. It was an anticlimactic end to our meal.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The food was good when we visited but we found the upstairs dining room just too noisy and the staff a bit too keen to rush us through so that they could reuse the table. Not a good place for a romantic meal.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We love going to the Mews. The food and atmosphere is fabulous. It is a staple for us every year when we visit.

1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had the best dinner here during our mini-getaway in P-town during Easter. The restaurant is a bit off the touristy area in P-town. We requested a table by the window which has a nice view of the waterfront.

We had the Boar "Nan" pizza which was out of this world. I would highly recommend. We then shared the poached pear salad which was equally delicious. I had the roasted half duck as entree; the skin was crispy and the meat was tender and juicy. My friend had the lobster vindaloo which was hot and spicy with generous amount of lobster meat.

Last but not least, the cocktails were excellent and plenty of choice.