“Good but...”

The Mews Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 139 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Nice
“Good but...”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I've been there with some friends. the place was completely packed. You have two rooms, we were at the one downstairs. Nice, simple decoration, a little bit noisy. The food was good but nothing special or exceptional. But the price was high. I think it is a little bit overpriced even if the restaurant is good. I've been to another one in Ptown which was better.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank GillesDemay

cape cod
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I have heard for years, that the Mews restaurant in Provincetown , MA was superb. It did not disappoint. Six of us went to celebrate our three wives' birthdays. We intentionally arrived early so we could enjoy a drink at the bar before dinner. The drinks were excellent and the bartender attentive and experienced.
Staff has a very relaxed manner, and we took our seats downstairs at our reserved table when we were ready.
The setting provided a beautiful view of Cape Cod bay.
We shared two very pleasant bottles of wine with dinner, following delicious appetizers and bread. My wife and I shared the garlic shrimp appetizer. It was delicious, and the best part was dipping their wonderful breads in the remaining sauce.
For dinner I had the lobster vindaloo. WOWEE! My wife had the swordfish, and she loved it. All six dishes were first rate. I'll try to load photos. We also shared four desserts and coffee.
Our server was relaxed, friendly, and appeared at our table just the right amount of time. She was extremely knowledgeable about every dish on the menu.
The bill, including a 23% tip came to $73 per person. I've paid that much for far inferior meals. All in all, the six of us had a marvelous, fun time. The evening was exactly as we hoped it would be. We all plan to return.

1 Thank Dr M
Marlborough, Connecticut
“Good News !”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

There IS a great place to eat in P-Town. Mews is the best place I've eaten in all the years I've been going to P-Town. So glad I fell into the place. Friendly cozy atmosphere with the most delicious food in town.

• Visited January 2014
Northville, New York
“Christmas dinner”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Having visited this place before we knew what to expect. Amazing food and the mews did not disappoint. The meal was superb the staff attentive. This place has a reputation as one of the higher end establishments an it is deserved.

Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent food, first-rate service, beautiful water views - ideal for a special night out”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The Mews met all of our criteria for a great restaurant: seating was comfortable and roomy, the room was busy but not noisy, our table by the window overlooked the sand and sea, the food was superb, and our waiter, Stephen, was outstanding. Both of our entrees (scallops and duck) were terrific; the Thai crab soup was good, and the mixed green salad was delicious (lightly dressed, just right). We were delighted with the very good and reasonablly priced wine by the glass (a Cabernet and a Malbec). A wonderful evening out (not cheap at $110 for two, but well worth it). Highly recommended.

Visited December 2013