“Bemewsed” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Mews Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 136 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stamford, Connecticut
“Bemewsed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

A very creative and diverse menu, something for almost everyone and very nicely prepared and seasoned. This was a big happy comfort food experience served with a warm and capable service staff. Nice sized portions, a view if the sun is still up and you are on the ocean side and a great bar with antique carved wooden panels lining the walls that were salvaged from an old Prudential building decades ago. I hope they know they are missing.

Stately ambiance and a place we would return to. There is often an inverse relationship between food quality and the popularity of a tourist destination as in, the town is so beautiful, the food only needs to be adequate. The Mews did not succumb to that easy out!

London
“Go eat here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I turned up unannounced on Saturday night and was immediately fitted in on a tall table. Service was slow for the US, but those of us from Europe do appreciate the allowance of time within the schedule. I had a really excellent evening. The food was fantastic and very well seasoned, which only the best establishments get right. Highlight of the evening was the main course of Lobster Risotto. Served with croutons and cubes of pumpkin it was perfectly balanced with effectively most of a shelled lobster on top of it. Quite outstanding. Not the cheapest, but good value. I shall come again as a first port of call on my next visit to Provincetown. Go eat here! One minor gripe - I tried to book earlier in the day only to be told that they were full - I then turned up unannounced and got a table. How lucky both I and the restaurant were that the administrator of the bookings was ignored. Go eat here!

Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Great salmon and martini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Had a great dinner last night at Mews, which has the largest vodka bar in New England. I had the salmon off the specials menu, which was perfect. Started off the meal by sharing a calimari appetizer, also very tender and tasty. We sat on a high table two-top upstairs staring out at the sunset over Provincetown Harbor. Service was excellent. All in, a great experience.

1 Thank Bob S
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
“Could have been great, but missed the mark.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were there on a Tues night early in mid-September. The bartender, female, seemed surprised when I asked whether I could ask for a martini using one of the vodkas from their world wide list. I did have the best martinis ever ordered from the specials on the menu. It is worth the trip for the martinis and the vodkas. We were going to have cocktails and lite food at the bar, but since the restaurant was empty we asked if we could have a table. The hostess was neither inviting nor interested. She did give us the table, but we must have gotten one of the least trained servers. He was in a word rude. I do not like black pepper, and almost every entree and the bread had pepper in it. Yes, even the bread! The Watermelon salad and the lobster risotto werefun and perfect, and they are consistent with their food. So, we did not feel welcomed, and the server couldn't wait to give us our check as soon as we said no dessert. It could have been a memorable experience, but not tonight.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bkeepr46
Morristown, New Jersey
“Don't miss this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were waiting for our husbands when a staff member came outside and directed us to the more accessible lower level (I have difficulty with steps). Service, atmosphere, drinks and food were top notch. I loved the key lime pie for dessert! Go...you will love it.

Visited October 2012