“OK but I won't bother to go back”

Cafe Edwige and Edwige at Night
Ranked #55 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is now closed for the season. We will reopen for both breakfast and dinner in May 2013!
Boston, Massachusetts
“OK but I won't bother to go back”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is the third year that we have visited this restaurant during the summer. Each year it has gone downhill in my opinion. First of all, the room is like an obstacle course - trying to navigate around the ridiculously cramped tables is pretty much impossible. Our waiter was nice but pretty much unavailable to us throughout the evening. The cocktails sound good, but did not deliver on flavor. We had fried oysters which were tasty but pricey, the Bouillabaisse which was outstanding, and the Crab Cakes which were good with tasteless accompaniments. Service was the biggest issue - I had to get up (and wind my way thru the dining room) to find him when we needed silverware, utensils and drinks. Also, when I go out and spend $38 on an entree, I really expect to have a CLOTH napkin to use (is that too much to ask?). Overall, we were quite disappointed and with all the choices in Ptown, we won't bother going back.

“Cute and Unpretentious”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This upstairs restaurant serves great breakfasts and dinners. The OK is freshly squeezed and the bloody Mary's are superb. We went there for dinner this time and found the menu items just as exciting. The seafood chowder was out of this world so are the seafood dishes. My chicken with goat cheese mashed potatoes was moist and the mushroom spinach sauce made it sing.

Newark, Delaware
“Delicious late breakfast!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friends and I were so happy that a local recommended this spot as we were looking for breakfast at close to noon. We were thrilled to enter and see that breakfast was served until 1pm- Prices were a bit more than usual, however we were so pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, we were blown away. Two members of our group had the lobster benedict which was so amazing, I cannot recommend it enough! Two large crispy pieces of bread were SMOTHERED in fresh lobster meat, perfectly cooked eggs, and a delicious lemon burre blanc/ hollandaise sauce. The breakfast potatoes served on the side were phenomenal- deliciously seasoned and perfectly fried, I didn't even put ketchup on them- AND I PUT KETCHUP ON EVERYTHING! It was amazing! I personally had delicious french toast with a nice assortment of fresh fruit along the side. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast, service was great! Highly recommend!

Brighton
“Lovely atmosphere, very very tasty food.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went back to Edwige after a 4 year gap - slightly nervous after some of the reviews. We were very pleased with the whole experience. Charming staff, and the Bouillabaise was fabulous (not cheap but excellent). Still a good choice in p-town.

2 Thank Jobey
Newton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Getting better”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were very sorry when chef Rocco left. His food was fantastic. Last summer's chef was not as good, so we were a little hesitant to return this summer. We did return, and learned that there is another new chef; this one from Baltimore. We had the boulibaisse (sp?) and the shrimp & grits both of which we give a big thumbs up! Good luck to the new chef and we'll be back again.

1 Thank patricia w