“GREAT BREAKFAST SPOT”

Ranked #49 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In a town known for good food and good times, this cozy nook of a restaurant has risen above its competition for nearly 45 years to become an iconic destination for brunch and dinner. This season, it’s changing hands. Courtney Hurst, former bus person/waitress/bartender/manager of Edwige, bought it from her mentor, Nancyann Meads, and is committed to delighting Edwige regulars and newcomers. Courtney, Chef Kieran Toivonen and their team of experienced and passionate hospitality all-stars are amped to grow even further this iconic brand. We hope you’ll be our guests so you can see how we’re respecting, and exceeding, the restaurant’s reputation.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Haven't been in last year but it has always been a great spot for breakfast. I haven't been there at Night but if it is good as breakfast it should do well. I think they have all home made items and a good variety of items on menu Delicious!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Arrived at Edwidge at Night, surprised to find out, Rocco, has remained in Florida and the owners of Edwidge brought in a new chef, as soon as you walk in, you realize, something is different, and yes, no more ginger martinis, and the food, well lets just say, it definetly is not Rocco's cuisine, hard to find anything that sounded even reasonably appetizing, trying to be something it truly isn't. Sometimes basic is best, not a place i would even consider going back to..

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were in Provincetown for the weekend so had only a few dining opportunities. I checked out reviews and looked at menus around town before deciding on Edwige for one night. I'm so glad we did. I liked the simplicity of the menu and had a very nice welcome when I climbed the stairs during the day to ask if I could look at the dining room. I had read some reviews that said the tables were too close but since we had a 7PM reservation the room wasn't full and there was no problem. Our server was a young Bulgarian who was very attentive but not obstrusive and a very nice guy. We thought the food was quite good. I do understand there is a new chef and many people miss the former one but I would definitely give Edwige a try. We shared a appetizer on special which was a goat cheese stuffed tomato with arugala and toasted nuts on the side. I had the chicken dish which was inventive and delicious and my husband had the flounder. Both were really nicely done. No dessert as we were full but the wine and coffee was good too. It was a great pick!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights the last weekend in August at the Harbor Hotel. Peter at the hotel recommended it for a delicious and fresh breakfast. We sat outside on the side porch and had a hard time choosing from the extensive menu along with the daily specials. I had a delicious fruit cup overflowing with many different ripe fruits. The french toast was made with great bread along with real maple syrup. The bacon was crisp and cooked just right. My husband's eggs were cooked exactly to his liking. Along with freshly squeezed orange juice, you couldn't ask for a better breakfast. It did cost us $50, but it was a good amount of delicious food. We also new we had a 3 hour ride back to home and new we wouldn't be stopping for lunch. We will go back again during our next trip.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ate here on our annual trip to Ptown and were a little disappointed. My husband loved his meal, but my steak was undercooked. The service was TERRIBLE. I don't think we'll be going back because we've had poor service here a few years in a row.

1  Thank Lori S