“foreign object in the lobster roll leaves us disappointed with the management”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Open mid April through last November..."A Provincetown tradition" to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the "TOP" of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary's & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim's award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey...Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
Reviewed August 20, 2009

On Sunday, August 16, 2009, my daughter and I ate at the Lobster Pot. This was not my first visit at this establishment, but it will be my very last. I ordered the lobster panini and cut a quarter of my sandwich for my daughter to sample. While eating, she noticed something gleaming from the sun flowing in the window on her plate and assumed it was a piece of ice buried within the lettuce. However, it did not melt. It was a small piece of glass, which I pointed out to the busboy. Someone from the management walked over and said it was plastic. Having taught science for a number of years, this I know was not true. But really, who read even plastic as an ingredient in this lobster sandwich? I paid the bill, and we walked out grateful no one had swallowed or attempted to chew this foreign object. Furthermore, that will be my last meal at the Lobster Pot.

3  Thank kadie80
Write a ReviewReviews (3,196)

Reviewed August 1, 2009

Been going here for years and it never disappoints. The clam chowder is the best in town and whatever entree I have had from fish to steak has been perfect. Tends to be a bit crowded (the tables really are too close together) and noisy, but the experience is worth it. Try to get a table upstairs behind the bar.

Reviewed August 1, 2009

We like the Lobster Pot because they offer a huge menu that means kids can get what they want and adults can try things that are more interesting than clam shack food (no that we don't do plenty of that, too). The oysters on the half shell and seafood medleys are excellent, and the grilled fish with compound butters never fail to please. The seafood fettucine is extremely rich but has wonderful flavor and lots of lobster. It is very noisy but has a nice view of the harbor if you can get a seat closer to the windows. Service has always been pleasant (we have been going here for over 10 years) and they accommodate special requests nicely. We have always had the best luck arriving between 5 and 6pm - it is less crazy and there is never at wait at this time if it is a nice day, and after dinner there is plenty of time to take a walk on Commercial Street for ice cream and down the pier to enjoy the breeze. If you arrive at around 4, parking is a snap and you can walk down and watch the fishermen bring in thier catches - wonderful light and photo ops at this time of day, too.

1  Thank Whorangthatbell
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Easy lobster and Great bloody Ceasar upstairs at the Bar...
Great for oysters ask for Collie to shuck your oysters

Reviewed July 27, 2009

ok, i am a vegetarian who is gluten intolerant (celiac ie no wheat products) but i often travel with someone who is not & thus landed at the lobster pot. first of all it is extremely bad if someone who has never eaten seafood in her life can tell that a lobster is poorly prepared... that was the case was here... the baked stuffed lobster was beyond overcooked as it was bone dry with the meat sticking to the shell & each section of the attenea being visible (i have never seen this in my granted limited experience but it looked bad)... nor did the person who ate it (my mother) find it worth the price (well over market)... this place is clearly riding on its rep & is a tourist trap... the lone pluses are the cheap drinks (perhaps they serve this to hide the poor food) & the attention to food allergies (but given this is the norm in provincetown...) however, the food i received although friendly for my diet was recieved cold... i let this slide as honestly i was there more for my mother but given how poor her meal was... it is worth noting. i would not recommend this place at all as it is nothing more than a tourist trap... provincetown is FULL of good places to eat, do not waste your time or money here.

3  Thank kvero